Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kinky hair manageability + peruvian kinky curly?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kinky hair manageability + peruvian kinky curly?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
starbrainz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbrainz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinky hair manageability + peruvian kinky curly?
    Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:45am
I have some AAMH that I've been sitting on forever. I ordered 4 bundles of it (two to install immediately upon receipt and then two for later).

The one thing I remember about this hair is that the manageability sucked. I lurked the boards and tried damn near EVERYTHING you guys recommended and no dice. After a few hours, that hair was SO dry and disrespectful. I got tired of carrying around a water bottle with product just to keep it looking nice.

Now I'm sitting here, staring at this kinky curly hair and WANT to install it but don't feel like dealing with the drama. Any suggestions on this OR should I just try the RHO hair that you guys talk about so often? Is it better in terms of maintaining moisture and such than AAMH?

Also, I saw a few months back that someone posted some gorgeous hair from Peruvian Hair dot com. This is the PRECISE curl I'm looking for (THICKER curl but still "nappy"). Now that they're gone (like Nature Girl, who also had some bomb curls), is there another vendor (be it big or personal) that you ladies can recommend?

I want to get a new install for boot camp and am over straight/wavy hair but still want to put something in. 

Thanks ladies.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 1:08am
You need PRODUCT to manage this kind of hair. It's a lot like our own 4abc hair. Without product it will dry up and die. Confused

I am not saying to use A LOT of product ... no. But you have to use product along with water everyday before starting your day and every night (and then putting it up) before going to bed.

I wear kinky curlies exclusively and the texture is great because it's so close to our so it looks real .. but I have learned to enjoy the work it requires because I love the results!.

I started learning how to manage this hair with products in these sort of videos - so do your research and enjoy!

blackreign100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackreign100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:53am
I bought some Cantu Curly cream. I have some argon oil to seal the moisture. i also love organix cocunut leave in conditioner. I wonder how it will work in this hair. 
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:45am
Keep the hair stretched with minimal product. My suggestions have always been...wash, condition, detangle, and do a stretch style such as a braidout, twistout, etc. Keeping it stretched is the key. The product selection, IMO, is trivial. I've gotten comparable results from salon products to suave. The more you keep it stretch..the less tangling and headache you'll have.
blackreign100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackreign100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 3:43pm
Thanks I have done all textures. this is my first time with KC. And you are right I have used everything from mixed chicks to suave and tresemme and had hit and misses 
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 12:02pm
You do need to mist it every am to freshen the look. At night mist and loosely twist 4 sections so it doesn't tangle while you sleep.

I use silicon mix DC as it gives great slip and also conditions the strands well. I detangle with a vented brush and this is the only time I use any type of comb or brush on it. I don't do this often (every 2-3 weeks) as I prefer my curls undefined but to start out you may want to consider doing this weekly.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic