Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Styling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedKINKY, FINE, AFRICAN VIRGIN HAIR !!HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
PATRICE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: KINKY, FINE, AFRICAN VIRGIN HAIR !!HELP!!
    Posted: Nov 01 2004 at 9:49am
I definitely need some advice on a way to naturally loosen my all natural, super fine grade, and very tightly-curled hair so I can handle it without breakage. I have a thick mass of hair but each individual strand is a very fine grade and maybe this is the 4a or 4b that a number of people on this site say they have...if that means maximun twists per inch of hair then this is what I got, too.

What I would like to have is the naturally curly look that I see a lot of tv personalities wearing. Is it possible to get this look with a temporary "smoothing gel" or some other product other than a permanent texturizer? How!!? and will these products really temporarily release curls? It sounds great! My hair is strongest when it is natural.

My solution for four years was to wear individual braids--and you just know that by now I am sick of braids!

The good news is that my hair is shoulder length, african virgin. The bad news: it is still super fine and kinky; and just waiting for me to make a mistake.    And for certain, if I press and curl my hair, sooner or later (usually sooner), it's going to start breaking from the heat.

Many years ago, I had a texturized, curly look and loved it because it was so easy to maintain, but the beautician is now unreachable, and most others tend to overprocess super fine hair because they are not used to working on it. But I am willing to try a texturizer again as a last resort if anyone with my type of hair knows of a product that gave them a good result. Please let me know.

This is my first time writing to any forum so I'm sorry about singing the blues in the midst of all your positive energy but I do need some HELP!. Thank you all for any advice you have.
Sponsored Links

Pixie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2004 at 3:11pm
Bump
DangerouslyShy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2004 at 7:44pm

they have a product called the natural-laxer by baka...and its all natural products , makes combing and helps breakage by loosening the curl a bit..

Please read all instructions for use before using. Recommended use is three applications 7-10 days apart. Then use one application every 4-6 weeks or up to 8 weeks apart.

Each package is enough for one application on an average amount of hair. Two packages may be required, if you have a lot of hair.

• Allergy test by mixing a teaspoon with water, apply to the inside of your arm and cover with bandage for 24 hours. Allergic reactions are rare, but possible as with anything you put on your skin.
  • Shampoo hair. We do not recommend a shea butter shampoo for this step.
  • Rinse and towel dry hair
  • Mix packet of Natural-LaxerTM Relaxer with 1/2 cup hot tap water
  • Stir into smooth paste.
  • Use plastic gloves, if desired
  • Part hair into sections. Apply Natural-Laxer from nape of neck forward. Saturate hair with the paste.
  • Apply clear plastic cap or commercial cellophane wrap.
  • Leave on and heat-
    • Preferred method- A thermal heat cap (available here). Apply at hot setting for 45 minutes to 1 hour. 90 minutes for coarse hair.
    • Secondary method- If a heat cap is not available, can leave on for three times longer allowing natural body heat to activate (with plastic cap). Results are better with heat.
    • Quick method- If time is of the essence, you can use a plastic cap and sit under a hood dryer on hot setting for 30 minutes.
  • Allow to cool with plastic cap on for 1/2 hour
  • Rinse thoroughly, then shampoo and condition.
  • (Optional, but recommended) Apply Sahara Clay for a silky, smooth finish. Tip: Mix a little shampoo in with the Sahara Clay to make it easier to rinse out any remaining Natural-Laxer powder
  • Moisturize hair with your favorite moisturizing product
  • Blow dry or wet set and style
  • If you want your hair straighter, pressing may be necessary with the first or second application.

http://www.treasuredlocks.com/naturalrelaxer.html

sgezine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2004 at 8:46pm
You just need to get a big jug of shea butter they sell it for around 80.00 on the net for like 12 or 14 lbs....when you wash your hair just saturate it w/shea butter--plait it up or when you wash it just do the twist as you oil your hair w/shea butter.
PATRICE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2004 at 11:00pm
Thanks DangerouslyShy and sgezine for your suggestions.

I am going to experiment with the Baka product, natural henna for highlights or maybe a cellophane along with the products mentioned in this article.  

Written by Clara of the Cosmetic Connection Product Panel

One of the cosmetic categories I wanted to explore for The Cosmetic Report is haircare. As an African-American, haircare for me is an area with very challenging needs. My hair which is natural (no color/no straightener), very tightly curled, and has the kinky texture common to Negro hair. I did not include a lot of products in this report as frankly most simply just aren't effective on my type of hair....

Straightening Glaze
This product was developed as part of a set called Hair Smoothing which includes shampoo, conditioner, and a styling creme. However in my opinion Straightening Glaze is the key product and a must for Afros or curly hair. This product is supposed to be used to help straighten hair with a blow dryer, but I don't use it that way. I apply it to clean wet hair and what happens is it helps relax the kink out of my curls and I get a more wavy look without a lot of tricks and manipulating just air drying. And baby, after the hair dries there is plenty of shine and no frizz.

Gel-Waxx
Gel-Waxx is a rookie in the Perfect Plus lineup and it's a power hitter. Nick Chavez says to use it on dry hair, but I often reach for it while my hair is still damp. The finish is soft and adds a little shine too and the wax content will keep those frizzies at bay. The product has a waxy feel, but it's not slick or sticky on the hair and brushes and cleans out with no fuss. I like it to lock in the waves I get with the Glaze. ...

This sounds like a plan--I can keep my natural hair and still have fairly low upkeep.

All praises to the MOST HIGH.
SxFtMahgnyCurvs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2004 at 9:24am
Originally posted by PATRICE PATRICE wrote:

Thanks DangerouslyShy and sgezine for your suggestions.

I am going to experiment with the Baka product, natural henna for highlights or maybe a cellophane along with the products mentioned in this article.  

Written by Clara of the Cosmetic Connection Product Panel

One of the cosmetic categories I wanted to explore for The Cosmetic Report is haircare. As an African-American, haircare for me is an area with very challenging needs. My hair which is natural (no color/no straightener), very tightly curled, and has the kinky texture common to Negro hair. I did not include a lot of products in this report as frankly most simply just aren't effective on my type of hair....

Straightening Glaze
This product was developed as part of a set called Hair Smoothing which includes shampoo, conditioner, and a styling creme. However in my opinion Straightening Glaze is the key product and a must for Afros or curly hair. This product is supposed to be used to help straighten hair with a blow dryer, but I don't use it that way. I apply it to clean wet hair and what happens is it helps relax the kink out of my curls and I get a more wavy look without a lot of tricks and manipulating just air drying. And baby, after the hair dries there is plenty of shine and no frizz.

Gel-Waxx
Gel-Waxx is a rookie in the Perfect Plus lineup and it's a power hitter. Nick Chavez says to use it on dry hair, but I often reach for it while my hair is still damp. The finish is soft and adds a little shine too and the wax content will keep those frizzies at bay. The product has a waxy feel, but it's not slick or sticky on the hair and brushes and cleans out with no fuss. I like it to lock in the waves I get with the Glaze. ...

This sounds like a plan--I can keep my natural hair and still have fairly low upkeep.

All praises to the MOST HIGH.

Thanks Clara...those prodcuts sound like a blessing to natural hair.  I'm going to check out QVC for more information.

LadyDay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2004 at 1:18pm
i wouldnt reccomend anyone to use any naturalaxers. the shea butter will work wonders. you just need a technique that allows diversity with your hair. my hair is fine too
sgezine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2004 at 8:00am
Originally posted by LadyDay LadyDay wrote:

i wouldnt reccomend anyone to use any naturalaxers. the shea butter will work wonders. you just need a technique that allows diversity with your hair. my hair is fine too

I wouldn't use them either--I remember when I used to get perms and that Rio junk came out (the stuff that tooks everyone's hair out)--my beautician said that if it was legit they would have been trying to market it to beauticians because that would be their biggest market. But if you use it let us know what happens.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic