BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

kinky curly track placement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kinky curly track placement
    Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:45pm
 ok ladies.... i've been nonstop on the hunt to piece together the perfect install for my kcy akc that i plan to use. i need to keep it in for a couple months b/c i am moving soon and i wont have time to deal with my hair so i am trying to get this as perfecttttt as possible.

although things sound right in my head.... whenever i attempt my sew ins theres always something off about them so i just want some advice before i start sewing.

i have already done my base braids, and i plan on using a net. 
i left my perimeter out and a two finger horseshoe out for a middle part.
in the back half of my head i did a basic snake like pattern.. and the top half i just did horizontal braids going back like this (nooo this is not my head!!!)

they are all connected and sewed down (somehow. lol) so when i run my hand up my head the base feels relatively flat. 

SO. for my install i want to be able to put it in a nice high ponytail like THIS (i know it wont be super flat b/c its kc hair and will be thick)

i want it to fall forward and frame my face like THIS

i want to be able to throw it out of my face like this (i know it might look cray cray but i like that natural/wild look LOL )

and lastly be able to throw it over from side to side in the front like this 

im thinking that if i sew under the braids in the back for my first 2 tracks bring it up to my ears maybe.. then sewing zig zag until i reach about the middle... then take my top bundle and start at the tip of my front braid and sew the track standing up (for that fall forward effect? maybe?) (is that even possible!!!) sewing it in a U shape around my head until its hits my leave out. 

DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?!?!?!? or am i being delusional with this perfect install ??!! LOL Cry
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 12:11am
daang yall ain't got nothing ? nooo opinions for me ?!???
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 1:32am
do you mind if you have to  cut some wefts?... u have a lot of styling options youre trying to achieve. i have an idea that" in theory" may work

Edited by msjaim2 - May 12 2013 at 1:34am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 1:41am
Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

do you mind if you have to  cut some wefts?... u have a lot of styling options youre trying to achieve. i have an idea that" in theory" may work

yesss im open to cutting wefts... shoot if this install comes out perfect then i wont mind at all!!! 

i'd love to hear your idea!
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 1:52am
well, im up sketching already, so remember, this is just  THEORY..LBVS. if u sew from edge of leave out (from the center part)to the other side you should be able to wear it pushed back, high pony, center & pushed back to the side with no part

Edited by msjaim2 - May 12 2013 at 1:56am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:03am
Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

well, im up sketching already, so remember, this is just  THEORY..LBVS. if u sew from edge of leave out (from the center part)to the other side you should be able to wear it pushed back, high pony, center & pushed back to the side with no part

omg you are god sent for sketching that all out!!!! Hug

you nailed it with the bolded.. but approx how many rows would i do like that.. two sounds good enough doesnt it? and for the front.. to get the maximum flatness (on the first braid) does sewing the track under the braid sound good.. or would regular ol' sewing on top of the braid do ?
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:09am
i think the # of rows would vary depending on how long the actual wefts are, how full u want it to look & the size of your head. i just placed an order for some 10mm curly & I want the versatility of wearing it up , center part or just pushed back with a perimeter leave out ( sewn on a net)..so hopefully that ish works out bc more than likely ill be using that pattern (or something similar to it), but with just a .5" center part leave out for better blending. 
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:10am
i would def sew it under the braid so u dont have to worry about it showing.. depending on how much perimeter you leave out, you may not have to worry too much
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:16am
@4:40 she echos what you mentioned:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 2:21am
okay so i will just do two.. i want it thick.. but not tooo thick !

crossing my fingers that this comes out right for the both of us.. i will post pics in the kcy thread once i have it to my liking.

yaaaaay i can go to be happy now that i have gotten feedback on my plan !!! Big smile

OMG and i definitely have that video saved on my computer.. i have watched it a billion and two times just so i can get it right!

shoot and im about to screen shot this whole convo so it doesnt get lost in internet space somewhere . hahahaha
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>