Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kinky Curly Knot Today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SweetEscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetEscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:12pm
Has anyone had any success with Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in?  It's a great detangler for me but it seems to do nothing as far as moisturizing my hair.  Any advice?
Sponsored Links

divalane25 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divalane25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:41pm
i love this stuff for dry/damp detangling. i put some in a spritz bottle with water and some oils and go section by section. it provides the perfect amount/kind of slip

but since i do this before washing i can't say anything about it's moisturizing ability because i never leave it in.
MiZzChRiSsEe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiZzChRiSsEe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 12:45pm
I use this on my 2 year old's hair as a conditioner. It works great to detangle, but I don't use it to moisturize.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetEscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 3:26pm
divalane25 I've been doing the same thing before I wash my hair. What do you use for a leave in?

MiZzChRiSsEe  Yea it's great for detangling, but for $12 I just wish it did a little more for me

Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 8:27pm
^^^agree. it's a decent detangler, but does not moisturize my hair.  i use darcy's botanicals leave in instead.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetEscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:45pm
I've never tried Darcy's. I may have to look into it
divalane25 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divalane25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:45am
Originally posted by SweetEscape SweetEscape wrote:

divalane25 I've been doing the same thing before I wash my hair. What do you use for a leave in?

MiZzChRiSsEe  Yea it's great for detangling, but for $12 I just wish it did a little more for me

i believe in water for moisture (and everthing really) so i just mix some olive and amla oil into some ose water and that's my moisturizer/leave-in. i seal it with qhemet's amla and olive cream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetEscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 3:45pm
Thanks Diva. I've started increasing my intake of water.  Trying to moisturize from the inside out
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CincygirlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 1:44am
HR how long have you used Darcy's?
onthewaytoWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onthewaytoWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 4:36pm
I have used Knot Today. I didn't see any benefits with moisturization and although it detangled okay, I ended up having these little white flecks in my hair. No freakin' bueno. For the money, I didn't see the value.

The moisturizer I use is by a company called Cute & Kinky. It's not a popular company.  They are local to my hometown but they have a website and I think they're on FB or Twitter.

Anyway, it is the only...and I mean ONLY moisturizer that has done my hair any good. I have extremely thick hair that laughs at the other stuff on the market and my scalp can't tolerate most of the synthetic ingredients (ie. mineral oil makes me have an itchy scalp by the end of the day).

OP, you may want to try it. 1)The smell is not obnoxious. I don't feel like bees are going to start following me. 2)I don't have to use it every.single.day. 3)It's not greasy and doesn't have me looking like Ready For The World circa 1988. 4)There's no residue so I don't walk around looking like I've aged 40 years in 10 minutes all day long. 5)I work out most days of the week although I don't wash my hair everyday and at the end of the week, I don't feel like I have a bunch of crap and build up on my scalp.

The down side is that they only sell 8oz so for someone like me, it can be taxing but since I'm more of value person than a cost person, I'll spend the money on something that benefits me.

Just a suggestion.

Oh, the twitter handle is @cutekinkyllc. I don't go on twitter much because (as you can tell) I can't say anything in 80 characters or less. I think they're having a sale right now but I'm not sure. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic