Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives > Lace Front Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKinky curly!!?? How do you do it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jaminATL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinky curly!!?? How do you do it?
    Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 7:29am
I purchased a beautiful kinky curly on ebay from Lace Wig Envy and I hooked it up really nice.  It looked so natural on me, I kinda had the Nik from ANTM look going onWink.  Anyway, by the end of the day I looked like Diana Ross in the middle of Central Park in a rain storm!!Shocked   Hair everywhere!!!  I kept going to the bathroom and wetting it down but as soon as it dried. . .POOOOF!!  I tried the products suggested, but it's just too much hair for me. Cry I finally ended up tying it back in a bun.  How do you kinky curly divas manage???
Sponsored Links

stylishshay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 7:44am
i have a kinky curly that I am in love with as well and it has lighter colors, and I have the same problem and after only 3 weeks, have to do a bleach bath because of tangles at the nape. But what I have found that works for me is to use a very heavy conditoner that doesn't have alot of buildup and allow to air dry, you need that "weight" of the conditioner to keep it down. That tames it for about 4 to 5 days before it starts the big thing. What I've noticed is since kinky's are already dry, adding water just makes it bigger once it drys. That's why a heavy, moisturizing, non-buildup, conditioner has worked well as far as the poofy-ness goes, just rinse the condtioner well, that really reduces potential residue. Also, a stylist recommended to just LEAVE IT ALONE. Once it's set, don't go touching all in it all day and playing around in the mirror trying to come up with different styles. That contributes to it being poofy as well because you are kinda disturbing the set. And if you use mousse, mix it with a bit of repartive serum so that it doesn't get that hard feeling (i hate that on kinky, it defeats the purpose to me).  Well hope this helps, I'm still looking for more tips on taming them longer as well ;-)

Edited by stylishshay - Oct 23 2007 at 7:51am
jaminATL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 8:01am
thanks stylishay.  I'll try a heavy conditioner and some mousse and see what happens. 
Lacevirgin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 8:15am
Anyway, by the end of the day I looked like Diana Ross in the middle of Central Park in a rain storm!! UN QOUTE As per Jamin!!!

I know the feeling dreamcurls by john freida does it for me it locks in the curl and u juss spritz it during the day also try Scurls no drip

J.Styles View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 9:13am
Originally posted by stylishshay stylishshay wrote:

i have a kinky curly that I am in love with as well and it has lighter colors, and I have the same problem and after only 3 weeks, have to do a bleach bath because of tangles at the nape. But what I have found that works for me is to use a very heavy conditoner that doesn't have alot of buildup and allow to air dry, you need that "weight" of the conditioner to keep it down. That tames it for about 4 to 5 days before it starts the big thing. What I've noticed is since kinky's are already dry, adding water just makes it bigger once it drys. That's why a heavy, moisturizing, non-buildup, conditioner has worked well as far as the poofy-ness goes, just rinse the condtioner well, that really reduces potential residue. Also, a stylist recommended to just LEAVE IT ALONE. Once it's set, don't go touching all in it all day and playing around in the mirror trying to come up with different styles. That contributes to it being poofy as well because you are kinda disturbing the set. And if you use mousse, mix it with a bit of repartive serum so that it doesn't get that hard feeling (i hate that on kinky, it defeats the purpose to me).  Well hope this helps, I'm still looking for more tips on taming them longer as well ;-)

This is great advice.  You should also try a mouse called got2b by schwarkopff (sp) in (kinky) recomended to me by another member it works very nicely on kinky hair the trick is to wet the hair before applying it and then add a little of the mousee throughout.
ebonyyasmine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 11:56am
Wash with a moisturizing shampoo, deep condition with silicon mix. Use silicone mix leave-in conditioner mixed with water while the unit is still wet.  follow-up with the silicon spary (oil).  When the unit drys DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!
Tie your hair back each night with a silk scarf or something similar. You'll have to do this every week. 
jaminATL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 1:20pm

Thanks guys.  I see I was doing it all wrong.  I'm constantly messing with my hair, so that could be the biggest problem. 

150-55-27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by ebonyyasmine ebonyyasmine wrote:

Wash with a moisturizing shampoo, deep condition with silicon mix. Use silicone mix leave-in conditioner mixed with water while the unit is still wet.  follow-up with the silicon spary (oil).  When the unit drys DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!
Tie your hair back each night with a silk scarf or something similar. You'll have to do this every week. 
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sweetie I'm sorry but this will work for and hour or so if that, But please believe the hair will go back to being wild. I know because I tried it...

So honey wash with Creme of Nature detangling shampoo for dry damaged and and deep condition with the silicon mix and then rinse. Directly afterwards follow with the product in the link below. Trust me on this!!

Edited by 150-55-27 - Oct 23 2007 at 1:31pm
arliep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 2:23pm
would it help to use the mixed chicks leave in conditioner?  Do you think a light density wig would have the same problem?
ladyfox850 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2007 at 10:11pm
i have a kinky curly from DivaLAceFront and I wash with nexus moisturizing shampoo, then condition well with silicon mix.
Once applied, I use a spray bottle with a squirt of oil, a dab of silicon leave in conditioner and water.  the majority water with just minor additive seems to do the trick. I've colored mine, actually lifted it a bit from almost jet black to 1B with streaks of maybe 2 in it.
Anyway, I deep conditon (wrap wig with conditioner in a shower cap, then wrap the wig in a heating pad and let it sit in a warm sauna conditioner -usually placed in a small box- for about an hour or so) with silicon mix every time I shampoo....the hair is soft and tangle free.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic