Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

kinky curly hair that can be flat ironed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ibarbieo07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibarbieo07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kinky curly hair that can be flat ironed
    Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 10:36pm

Hey ladies, so I am looking for some hair that will keep me from flat ironing my hair all summer long. Summer is tough in Atl! what I want to find is some kinky curly hair I can wear in its natural state most of the time, then flat iron it when I want to have a more tamed look. I am trying to find this from a CV because that is in more of my budget. I have poured through the Ultimate Kinky Curly thread but could not find too many reliable CVs. I want a shoulder length middle part blunt cut bob. I do plan on leaving the top portion of my hair out.I am also thinking about creating some clip ins with the hair so i can continue with regular maintenance. any thoughts?My hair type is around a 4a/4b. If you know of anywhere I can find something similar to this and dont mind sharing, please let me knowEmbarrassed Or, if you think you can help me look in the right direction that would be much appreciated!

this is how I want the curl texture to be. I want to wear it like this, and i know that these specific looks call for longer lengths, but i am more focused on the curl pattern than the exact style.

When the hair is straight, I want to wear it like this. Length, cut, and style. middle part blunt cut shoulder length bob. 

Sponsored Links

lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 4:41am
I've been looking for the same thing. I can't afford the expensive ones like kinky curly yaki, oync, etc. but the CV's do not seem reliable! I'd (and I have) order straight hair from them but kinky curly has to be heavily processed for the curl and it's much much harder to maintain. 

Another thing, OP, I think that if you get hair, and you want it to be straighted to shoulder length, the hair in it's natural state will be rather short.
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 5:16am
For the length your going for in the straight look, the hair in its kinky state would have to be much shorter than your example pics. Shoulder length kinky curly usually means mid-back length flat ironed, depending on the curl tightness.

Basically what lala said

Edited by Nigerian_princess - Jun 10 2013 at 5:17am
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 8:38am
I dont see the point in wanting to flat iron a kinky curly weave . With that processed texture youll probably just ruin the hair pattern b/c no kinky curly is a true virgin texture so it wont just bounce right back after flat ironing.

If your going with a cv it should be cheap enough to get kinky curly and straight bundles.. and then just make 2 seperate u-part wigs or something.
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by pRiNCesSChANeL pRiNCesSChANeL wrote:

I dont see the point in wanting to flat iron a kinky curly weave . With that processed texture youll probably just ruin the hair pattern b/c no kinky curly is a true virgin texture so it wont just bounce right back after flat ironing.

If your going with a cv it should be cheap enough to get kinky curly and straight bundles.. and then just make 2 seperate u-part wigs or something.

IA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibarbieo07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 1:00pm
Well, I guess my reasoning is pretty simple. I don't like being tied down to one style. I want to be able to wear the natural curls on a regular basis, but when I'm feeling spicy be able to do a sleeker style as i would my natural hair. Maybe I'm crazy, but is having kinky curly hair that responds well to a flat iron and become kinky straight, or a coarser straight texture asking too much?
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 1:09pm
sooo... buying both the kinky curly and straight and making a upart wig lets you switch it up easier.. and with less hassle of having to flat iron your kinky curly. 

i mean its not asking too much.. but if you want to ruin your hair and not have nice cute kinky curls after flat ironing then go for it . 
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by ibarbieo07 ibarbieo07 wrote:

Well, I guess my reasoning is pretty simple. I don't like being tied down to one style. I want to be able to wear the natural curls on a regular basis, but when I'm feeling spicy be able to do a sleeker style as i would my natural hair. Maybe I'm crazy, but is having kinky curly hair that responds well to a flat iron and become kinky straight, or a coarser straight texture asking too much?

In regards to your bolded question - I would have to say yes.  Kinky Curly is a quite delicate process but curls for that matter are a delicate process.  Curls, whether virgin or processed, don't stand up to heated appliances very well.  Just as with flat-iron use on natural curls will cause the curls to loosen - it should be expected with processed hair - as it does.  Some companies do a better job at processing so the pattern will loosen slightly but others not so much and you can go from kinky curly to loose wave all in one wash, dry, flat-iron, wash and dry again rotation.

Personally, I purchase curly hair to wear curly and the wavy and straight for more straight styles.  If you are okay with the possibility of the pattern loosening on your kinky curly- then that won't be a problem for you - but if that's a deal breaker, then I would go with something else.

babycakebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 5:45pm
Whatever you get, you need tokeep in mind that you will probably need to cut 1/2"-1" off of the ends when you straighten it, so if Ciara & the actress have approx 12" hair, you will probably need to get 14" KC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibarbieo07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 11:01am
Thank you for all your help ladies. You may be right. To really get what I want I might just have to buy both. Can anyone recommend a CV to me? Pm me if you don't want to put it on the board. Or, I have a list of a few and if you've used them before or know something about their quality let me know. I'm looking for some kinky curly hair and a kinky straight texture. Not sure which, kinky straight, Italian yaki type. Maybe light yaki.

These are some vendors who I found that look like their hair may be nice quality kinky curly
TOP hair factory
Bqueen hair products
Rainbow
Qingdao beautyhair factory outlet
Guangzhou xibolai hair products firm
Qingdao dingli hair products co
Queens hair manufacturer
Beautiful queen hair products
Rosa hair products

Kinky straight hair or kinky curly from
Qingdao haohai wigs
Qingdao top hair wigs