Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Totallycool View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: kinky curly 4ab hair
    Posted: Aug 25 2008 at 1:15am
I know this product KCC had mixed reviews before but I know that there are some more people here who have tried it since then. Does this product enhance 4a/b hair or will it leave it froish like everything else. I like afros, Im wearing one right now. But I really want to define my penspring curls!
Sponsored Links

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2008 at 1:17am
I ordered some but I want to know others experience while I impatiently wait for it to get here
Ms Lala View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2008 at 10:02am
I just got some so I will let you know how it goes when I try it in a couple of weeks.
Moodyma'am View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 2:39pm
I'm a 3c/4a mix

Well it certainly reduced my frizz   and reduced the overall bulk of my hair to my amazement....

however the next day my hair felt crispy - i think i used too much.   its gonna be trial and error i think getting the levels right (i applied as instructed in Ms Raheems youtube tutorial but I was a little heavy handedl)

what I'm trying to say is applying the KCCC with success may well be a bit of an artform IMO

TruSpirit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 3:52pm

It's definitely trial and error.  My daugher likes to wear her hair out with headbands, but I hate when it looks matted.  That's why I bought the kkc.  I don't know if any of you has the same type of hair as she, but you can check out a couple of pictures of her.

http://public.fotki.com/Sweets2you/kinky-curly-custard/

password: babykkc

'bout time I used this fotki for something...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 7:31pm
shes pretty! Why is she crying???

And how much of the custard did you use

TruSpirit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 7:53pm
Thank you.  She's crying because 1. She had to get out of the pool, and take a shower, and 2.  Her favorite blue nightgown hadn't been washed yet.  She didn't want to wear the pink oneLOL
I didn't use a lot.  After conditioning with Knot Today, I applied the kkc.  I just put some in my hand, and made sure her hair was well coated with it.  It didn't last as long as I'd hoped, but I did notice that when I put her hair back into her afro puffs the next day, her hair wasn't as tangled.  So I guess it loosens up the curl pattern some.  I see a lot of the ladies here and on youtube putting a generous amount one small section at a time.  But that seems to be a lot of product for a 3 year old.

Oh I wanted to note that there's a lady here with gorgeous natural hair, and she made a youtube video also about kkc.  My daugher has the same texture of hair in the back of her head as that lady and that's where I see the product really  working.  Not so much on the tighter coils.

sorry for the long post,lol
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 9:49pm
I have KCCC and it does nothing for my hair except make it crunchy w/ white flakes in it. I believe my texture is 4b.
staytrue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 1:33am
i have 4a (and i think some 4b) hair and KCC defined my curls but took a REALLY long time to dry, and I didn't even it apply it sopping wet.  Also, my hair is about ear length and I think your hair needs to be a little longer for KCC to really do its job (I think your hair has to have some weight to it).

Also, I heard (from Youtube vids) that it isn't just a marketing scheme but that the Knot Today really does work better with the KCCC.
Prada3721 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2008 at 6:08am
Yeah knot today and kccc are a power combo they do work better together.  But a really good conditioner like Aveda Be Curly will do the trick. 
But it is NOT one to combat shrinkage. 

The huge jar will last you for a minute you don't need a lot.  You do need moist hair but I'm not sure if it needs to be sopping wet.

Sopping wet = Ms. Jessies.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic