Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forum LockedKinky Curl / Afro Kinky ?????????

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
Peace and Love View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinky Curl / Afro Kinky ?????????
    Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 5:55am
Is there a differnce between Kinky Curl and Afro Kinky Curl or ar they the same?
Sponsored Links

meechie2cute View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 8:56am
I have both units PM me if you want to see.

KC has a smooth-rough curly  texture, small tight curls. Not to difficult to manage with a lilttle product. You can easily detangle hair with a wide tooth comb. Overall a pretty texture of hair.

AKC- The curls are somewhat tighter and resemble kinky ringlets. The texture is quite different than a KC is it rougher ( coarser)sometimes the hair tends to look dry.  This hair can grow is BIG and  does NOT respond well to a comb or a brush. You will ruin th hair by using these items and be frustrated because of the matted mess you made. The FINGERS are the only answer for this texture. To make the curls more defined and mositerized,  I use noodle head from beyond the zone and some leave in conditioner.  This one is my favorite as it has the most realistic AA( curly) texture.

Sometimes it also depends on what vendors you will use. whether AV or CV they all have their own version of what is what.
I hope that I have answered the questions, but I am sure others will chime in and state what their experience has been.
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2008 at 10:52am
I have both in wefted hair. I have KC from an AV and AKC from Rex and the wefted hair looks the same. No diff what so ever. But as meechie has already stated, each vendor has their diff terminologies for things.
atim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2008 at 8:33am
I bought an lf from ebay, and the vendor (chanel757) said it was KC.  This is my first ever lf, so I can't tell the difference.  Seems to be similar to what meechie said.  Unfortunately, I can't use it, because it's the wrong color.  Vendor said it was color 1B on her description, but it's actually a 2 (and she won't give me a refund - NEVER use chanel757)Angry.  I'm reselling it.  Pls send me a PM if interested.  It's a nice texture.  Here's a link with pics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120282459158

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply