BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kim K fears for her mixed-race child

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kim K fears for her mixed-race child
    Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:40pm

'Racism is still alive': Kim Kardashian reveals her serious side as she blogs about her fears over raising a mixed-race child 

By SAM RONAN

PUBLISHED: 02:14 GMT, 8 May 2014 UPDATED: 12:14 GMT, 8 May 2014

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
198 shares

View 
comments

Kim Kardashian is finally showing a more serious side. 

The 33-year-old reality star arrived at an event on Wednesday dressed smartly in a white suit jacket, and new-look coincided with a lengthy post on her Twitter account same day addressing her fears about racism.

Kim - who attended the USC Shoah Foundation's 20th Anniversary Gala at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza - took to her Twitter hours earlier to speak out against racism.

Scroll down for video

Showing her serious side: The 33-year-old reality star arrived at an event on Wednesday dressed smartly in a white suit jacket, and look coincided with a lengthy post on her Twitter account same day addressing her fears about racism
+7

Showing her serious side: The 33-year-old reality star arrived at an event on Wednesday dressed smartly in a white suit jacket, and look coincided with a lengthy post on her Twitter account same day addressing her fears about racism

'I never knew how much being a mom would change me,' Kim began on her post.

'To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought. It is obviously a topic that Kanye is passionate about, but I guess it was easier for me to believe that it was someone else's battle.'

She went on: 'But recently, I've read and personally experienced some incidents that have sickened me and made me take notice.'

Speaking out: Kim took to her blog on Wednesday to speak out against racism, which she admitted she hadnt really thought a lot about before becoming a mother
+7

Speaking out: Kim took to her blog on Wednesday to speak out against racism, which she admitted she hadn't really thought 'a lot about' before becoming a mother

Adding: 'I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been.'

She continued: 'I feel a responsibility as a mother, a public figure, a human being, to do what I can to make sure that not only my child, but all children, don't have to grow up in a world where they are judged by the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexual orientation.'

'I want my daughter growing up in a world where love for one another is the most important thing.'

Doing her bit: Kim poses at the USC Shoah Foundations 20th Anniversary Gala at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza on Wednesday in Century City
+7

Doing her bit: Kim poses at the USC Shoah Foundation's 20th Anniversary Gala at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza on Wednesday in Century City

Inspiring: Kim posted this picture of herself with a 100-year-old Armenian genocide survivor
+7

Inspiring: Kim posted this picture of herself with a 100-year-old Armenian genocide survivor

Kim's entry certainly comes as a surprise, as she had early been addressing rumours about her upcoming wedding to Kanye West on her Twitter profile.

It was a moving night at the USC SHOAH Foundation event for Kim too.

The star took to her Instagram to share a photo with an Armenian genocide survivor, to share with her millions of followers.

'Honored to be at the USC SHOAH Foundation event to support Armenian genocide testimonies,' she commented.

'I'm sitting next to the most inspiring 100 year old Armenian genocide survivor.'

Sister support: Kourtney Kardashian - seen in LA on Wednesday - will no doubt share her experiences of being a mother with Kim
+7
Sister support: Kourtney Kardashian - seen in LA on Wednesday - will no doubt share her experiences of being a mother with Kim
+7

On My Mind: Kim Kardashian has spoken about her fears over raising  her mixed-race daughter North West in a world where racism is still alive
+7

'On My Mind': Kim Kardashian has spoken about her fears over raising her mixed-race daughter North West in a world where racism is 'still alive'

KIM KARDASHIAN'S BLOG POST IN FULL

'On My Mind'

I never knew how much being a mom would change me. It’s amazing how one little person and the love I have for her has brought new meaning to every moment. What once seemed so important, now feels insignificant. It’s like I get to see the world for the first time again, but through someone else’s eyes. It’s a beautiful thing to feel and experience so much more, but with that beauty comes a flip side – seeing through my daughter’s eyes the side of life that isn’t always so pretty.

To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought. It is obviously a topic that Kanye is passionate about, but I guess it was easier for me to believe that it was someone else’s battle. But recently, I’ve read and personally experienced some incidents that have sickened me and made me take notice. I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been.

I feel a responsibility as a mother, a public figure, a human being, to do what I can to make sure that not only my child, but all children, don’t have to grow up in a world where they are judged by the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexual orientation. I want my daughter growing up in a world where love for one another is the most important thing.

So the first step I’m taking is to stop pretending like this isn’t my issue or my problem, because it is, it’s everyone’s… because the California teenager who was harassed and killed by his classmates for being gay, the teenage blogger in Pakistan who was shot on her school bus for speaking out in favor of women’s rights, the boy in Florida who was wrongly accused of committing a crime and ultimately killed because of the color of his skin, they are all someone’s son and someone’s daughter and it is our responsibility to give them a voice and speak out for those who can’t and hopefully in the process, ensure that hate is something our children never have to see.

R
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (35) Thanks(35)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:42pm
I hate when people have these basic ass Ah ha! moments.....
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (19) Thanks(19)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:44pm
I have seen some nasty and hateful words said on her insta when she posts a picture of baby North...people calling her an ugly Brotha Man..but it's really hard for me to believe that she did not see racism when all she dealt with were black men...maybe she was too self absorbed to take notice. 
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (43) Thanks(43)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:44pm
Lmao. She been fuking negros for years and gave no damns about their plight?

I hear you Kim
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:45pm
This is why we can't stand this hooker. Better seen than heard.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:45pm
Lmao Jones!
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:47pm
Right talking about this aint my fight.....this bit ch.....
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:48pm
that middle part style is very unflattering for her face shape.
that baby is growing fast...:)

Edited by Wildfire - May 08 2014 at 12:49pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Lmao. She been fuking negros for years and gave no damns about their plight?

I hear you Kim

LMAO
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:51pm
Just posted this in her thread...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>