BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kids saying "What"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 3:55pm
what...rude
Pardon me...excuse me...please repeat
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 3:56pm
I was raised not to say it.

I'm older now...and I just...really don't care if my nieces or nephew say it. Maybe when I have kids it will change...
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

Thanks, to LadyIce,... who does not know that she helped me to potty train my son   
LOL youre gonna have to tell me about that one day. cause i have no clue what i did to help.

as far as the op..i never knew saying what was a big deal. ..unless youre trying to get smart or something. my kids say it they also say yes. no funky tone, no problem. Confused
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 4:53pm
LOL. I guess it just comes across as grown. I don't even say it to my parents now. My boys never said what to me. It was never discussed, they just knew to say "Yes?".
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 4:54pm
...it's extremely rude and disrespectful, period. 

I never said/say it to my folks and if I ever had kids, I'd have to correct them
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

I work with kids and have to teach them manners along the way. I actually tell them I won't be responding if they are not using a manners. I don't ignore them, I just say that and then they correct themselves. you have to keep drilling it into them to have nice manners and they eventually learn that they won't make it far if they say things like, "what?"

She's young, so after some time, she will correct herself I feel. It seems she doesn't say it to be rude on purpose and it's just a habit she has. Don't be hard on her.

sorry about the FTP... just let me know ...

ITA...^^^ with the above...
My son is extra... I try very hard to teach him manners...
He is almost five--- however, its hard. I tell him ----I am not your friend --- I'm your mommy. He is smart and likes to push the limits. So did his father who was programing assembly language at six-years-old...(because of my FIL). I try my best however, BHM would have my head... if they knew my son in real life. I love him and sometimes I let things go...
Only because he reads (2gd level) and is good at math... and he is only 4yo.
Its a balance

Thanks, to LadyIce,... who does not know that she helped me to potty train my son   

BHM, not all kids fit into a one-way box in terms of discipline .   
MK

He sounds like a bright young fella. Smile

Do you ever feel that it(manners) will get worse as he gets older if you don't nip it in the bud now?
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

LOL youre gonna have to tell me about that one day. cause i have no clue what i did to help.

as far as the op..i never knew saying what was a big deal. ..unless youre trying to get smart or something. my kids say it they also say yes. no funky tone, no problem. Confused

google... LadyIce in the points/ thanks ... I asked you how did you potty train your son...

And you did just that LOL.. helped me

Also you told me a story about what he/ the son did to your carpet (I will not talk about the details etc) and what you did... This helped me so much.
two years ago...
This is why I love BHM...
Thank you, Ice... you have helped me a lot and you did not know.
like most of BHM, as a whole is helpful.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 5:20pm
lmfao i knew it. i was like she must be talkin about that carpet thing lmaooo. glad i could helpHeartHeart aw kat.Hug
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Do you ever feel that it(manners) will get worse as he gets older if you don't nip it in the bud now?

It's a lot better now... he just likes to push the limits... that all . Like MOST children... they like to test and push .

I give him the side eye most of the time

I was never disrespectful to my parents growing up--- No way.
I talk to my mom and dad about their only grandsons behavior and they say he's only 4yo

Meh
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 5:28pm
i was raised to not say "what"
My kids wont be saying it and my nieces and nephews know better Stern Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists