Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

kids calling friends Aunt?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 1:54pm
My mom started that but then had beef with most of her friends we called Aunt. I remember seeing us seeing one of her ex-friends at the store once and I went up to her, gave her a hug and said hey Aunt Peach. My mom snatched my hand and said to call her Ms. Peach, she ain't no aunt of yours right in front of this lady. Then she said BYE BITCH and walked away.

So we did the aunt thing until I was like 8 -__-
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 1:57pm
Lmaoooooooo amilia.... she mustve messed up for real
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

My mom started that but then had beef with most of her friends we called Aunt. I remember seeing us seeing one of her ex-friends at the store once and I went up to her, gave her a hug and said hey Aunt Peach. My mom snatched my hand and said to call her Ms. Peach, she ain't no aunt of yours right in front of this lady. Then she said BYE BITCH and walked away.

So we did the aunt thing until I was like 8 -__-

oh no.

I guess that's something to consider before you start it lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 1:59pm
I do feel weird when my nieces/nephews GF/BF call me aunt Purple. Especially when they break up and they are still calling me that when they see me. lol.  And I won't say anything about the ones that have 2 at the same time calling me that.

eta: I'm sure my nephew/nieces don't tell their SO to do it, but they just start calling me that. They also call the nephew's parents Mom/Dad, even after the breakups . Strange folks LOL

Edited by PurplePhase - Mar 14 2014 at 2:01pm
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:03pm
that's true PP

I knew this girl since I was 13, we fell out 2 years ago. I used to call her kids my niece/nephews and take them everywhere... she introduced me as her sister NYE... and reached for me, I dodged Aretha style
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

that's true PP

I knew this girl since I was 13, we fell out 2 years ago. I used to call her kids my niece/nephews and take them everywhere... she introduced me as her sister NYE... and reached for me, I dodged Aretha style

I love ARETHA STYLE!! (got to use that)LOLLOLLOL

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:08pm
Either aunty/uncle or Ms.

In my culture if you call an older person you know by their name it indicates that you come from a bad household, and when you address a stranger you call them aunty or uncle. If you don't do this it indicates a bad upbringing.

I call my mom's bestie Ms. __________
Other besties are aunty __________

Even my God mother (who happens to be my father's first cousin) we call aunty _________.

Many of our older cousins we address them as cousin ______. Cousin Raul, Cousin Ben etc.
even my mom addresses her older cousins this way, and her mother's friends.

Edited by Derri - Mar 14 2014 at 2:09pm
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:11pm
lol PP... I don't do phony

I know my mom and "aunt" had to have gotten into it since they were friends before I was even a thought but "that girl I knew since I was 13" played herself

That aunt is also my God mother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:11pm
you call mom's bestie Ms. but other girlfriends Aunty?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:12pm
what if the bestie is also your godmother (most times this is the case). Is Aunt/ie/y ok then or is it still Ms____?

eta: is 1st name ok?

Edited by PurplePhase - Mar 14 2014 at 2:12pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon