BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kidnapped boy, 9, released after singing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kidnapped boy, 9, released after singing
    Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:28pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20140423/NEWS07/304230094/Boy-released-by-kidnapper-after-singing-gospel-music

ATLANTA — A young boy's love of gospel music may have saved his life.

Earlier this month, police say a man kidnapped then nine-year-old Willie Myrick from his southwest Atlanta driveway. He allegedly drove the boy around for some time before dropping him off unharmed in East Point.

But Willie's actions during those terrifying three hours are inspiring people around the country. Willie says he sang the gospel song “Every Praise” until the man let him go.

Thursday evening, community leaders held a meeting in Willie's honor, celebrating his happy ending, but also telling other parents and children what to do if this happens to them.

In front of a crowded sanctuary at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, Willie recounted the moment he was freed from the car. Willie said while he was singing, the man kept cursing and telling him to shut up before eventually kicking him out.

"He opened the door and threw me out," Willie said. "He told me not to tell anyone."

Willie's story traveled fast and soon caught the ear of Grammy Award-winning gospel singer Hezekiah Walker -- the man who performed the song.

"It's just emotional to me because you never know who you're going to touch," Walker told11Alive's Blayne Alexander.

Upon hearing the story, Walker made the decision to fly from New York City to Atlanta to meet Willie.

"I just wanted to hug him and tell him I love him," Walker said.

Thursday evening, the singer entered the sanctuary of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church to a standing ovation, grabbing Willie into a tight hug as tears streamed down the boy's face. Walker then led the church, and Willie, in singing Every Praise.

"I really believe that God spoke through me to save that young man's life," Walker said.

The man who abducted Willie is still on the loose. Police have released a sketch and are asking anyone with any information to call CrimeStoppers at 404-577-TIPS.

Willie Myrick

Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:31pm
HeartSmile
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:32pm
Wow. Glad hes safe and unharmed. Won't he do it
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:35pm
I'm so happy the baby is safe.
I love this story….Clap

Edited by Katrenia - Apr 23 2014 at 3:38pm
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:36pm

i used to sing yes jesus loves me to get out of a whoopin. worked every time. glad this kid is okayClap

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

HeartSmile

Heart
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:46pm
I saw this on my GF's wall earlier.
heartwarming story for sure.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:47pm
Glad he is safe and not traumatized any further by that nutjob!Thumbs Up
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

i used to sing yes jesus loves me to get out of a whoopin. worked every time. glad this kid is okayClap

Mess.com you know damn well you deserved that whoopinLOLLOLLOLLOL
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:02pm
Awww Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>