Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kid Cudi: Hip Hop Is 'Holding Us Back As A culture
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kid Cudi: Hip Hop Is 'Holding Us Back As A culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:21am
I agree with what he's "trying" to say which is that a certain element of hip hop is having a negative impact on the black community.  He doesn't seem dumb enough to really believe that that element is the "thing" that is holding us back as a culture.  We are not held back.   We are held down.  

What he said about suicide is interesting.   I wonder how others will react to his story. 
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:22am
Also IMO that element of hip-hop is having a very negative impact on the relationships between young black men and women. 
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:24am

obviously hip hop is to blame, but will this lead to a life of crime ?
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:30am
I don't think the problem is that hip hop is a part of black culture. The problem is that for a lot of people, especially younger people, hip hop is the only part of black culture that they embrace, know about, or accept as authentic.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I don't think the problem is that hip hop is a part of black culture. The problem is that for a lot of people, especially younger people, hip hop is the only part of black culture that they embrace, know about, or accept as authentic.

and who's fault is that?
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:33am

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IS THE BIGGEST INVESTORS IN THE PRISON INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX
Hip-Hop Documentary: Rap, Prison & Economics (2 of 2) - YouTube

I feel like this is reaching a little but and its not even necessary.  The P-I-C has a million ways to fry the egg.  Maybe they really do think that this is a good tactic but statistically black kids are no more violent or criminal minded than yt kids even if the record companies produced reams of "satanic" music this hasn't changed.  I would think this is more of a mask than a tool.  Even with that I put nothing past them I just think this tide of blaming hip-hop music and once again black culture is another diversion we don't need.   
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:38am
I can't respect anything in that industry when white men in suits are literally telling these artists to make music with destructive messages.

Albums are refused for being 'too positive'.

I just think it's disgusting to be used like a punk like that.

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

and who's fault is that?
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:44am
I watch that Dash, Killah, Bill debate every few months lol. Classic.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:59am
Some people can listen to a song and turn the dial, then its some that wanna start making coke snowmen cause Jeezy said so, the thing is he didnt quit his CEO job to start mixing baking soda he wasnt trying to do much anyway. 

People get they own self in they own situations Confused

When he say Lets get it, you could go get a education or a job  but nahhhh they aint bout that life. 

Edited by Princess Grace - Mar 17 2014 at 10:01am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>