BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keyshia Cole.. comments on Black Girls Rock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

If I just saw her walking down the street.. I'd think she was mixed.
And it's not cus shes lightskinned

But she didn't need to say that..
 is it the good hurr

Sponsored Links

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:48pm
^^^That or the Cecily Tyson nose.

Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

If you don't know who ya pappy is you can't claim sh*t about his heritage.

If you're supporting an event called Black Girls Rock you shouldn't say sh*t about your non-blackness.

*RayJ or whasaname from the Tyler P movie boom gif*

Edited by FarraFace - Nov 25 2012 at 9:49pm
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:49pm
I don't know what it is about Keisha, but she just looks like a light-skinned chick to me, but if she says she is mixed though, I believe her.
lilbehr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilbehr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by lilbehr lilbehr wrote:

maybe it's because of the first reality show, Frankie revealed her dad's ethnicity.
Is she to take everybody else over her mum?...although Frankie is suspect.
So I think she was trying to be upfront for those in the know, as not to offend or have
people calling her out because they remember Frankie's claims.
Sounds like that backfired for some though.

I spose Sasha & Malia would catch the same flack, however they'll likely be as  savvy as their dad regarding if you look black you're black rule. Who wants to walk thru life focusing/defending something of which they had no control.

No one has a problem with her being mixed. The issue was when she brought it up. Black Girls Rock is about uplifting Black girls. Keisha's tone threw some people off.

It is possible. Mya is Black and Italian. I know that every mixed person doesn't look alike, but points of reference are sometimes helpful.

Mya:

Alicia Keys is Black and Italian:

Corbin Bleu is Black and Italian:

The Mowry kids are Black and Italian:

And Keisha Cole...well, I'd believe it. Plus, she can be what she wants to be.

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:56pm
She really doesn't know what her ethnic background is. I mean Frankie could have did calculations and pinned it on the Italian guy, but who knows who she was messing with. Keyshia doesn't look Italian and Black and the picture of the man they showed on The Way It Is reality show didn't look like her. She looks like she has a father who is mixed though. I'm sure she is of mixed race, but she is black point blank until she finds out who her father is/was. Her momma is  black and she was raised in a black household. I'm surprised everyone just took Frankie's word for it..has Maury not taught us anything? LOL
lilbehr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lilbehr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 10:02pm
A lot of people had a problem with it, but to be honest I didn't watch, so didn't catch her tone, I do agree it depends on how it's put out there. However personally speaking genetics do not adhere to preconceived ideals.
I have this combo in my family and they've been called everything accept what they are, some even go so far as to tell them they aren't related to one another...from sibling to sibling.

It's more an issue that some people think they are better off w/Euro blood and that's sad, but I'm  not mad at her because she embraces all her ethnicities...it's not like she ain't channeling black female.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 10:08pm
As much as BHM has a history of side-eyeing  folks who claim their swirlness I do believe the issue in this case has nothing to do with her being she's bi racial.
And more so with her
saying it when she doesnt even know it to be a fact since her mom was a crackhead and no one knows who her daddy is.  She is assuming this based off her exotical characteristics and most likely the blue magic and water wave/curl test.
Im not sure what her purpose was to insert that "im mixed" comment it seemed out of place. Regardless of if she is or isnt mixed the question was how it felt to be apart of it. ..She addressed it as if she was a special black helping the regular blk girls. 
lilbehr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilbehr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 10:10pm
[QUOTE=FarraFace]Sasha & Malia? Really?

Sasha & Malia know who both their parents are.

Sasha & Malia know that 3 of their 4 grandparents were black.

Sasha & Malia know that they are black.

[QUOTE=FarraFace]Sasha & Malia? Really?

Sasha & Malia know who both their parents are.

Sasha & Malia know that 3 of their 4 grandparents were black.

Sasha & Malia know that they are black.

I'm taking Frankie at her word as she was there and I wasn't...LOL

Sasha & Malia cannot know who their  fathers parents are and believe they are just African /Kenyan, unless they are blind and or crazy. Culturally they are African American.

Edited by lilbehr - Nov 25 2012 at 10:13pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 10:22pm
I did not say anything about Africa or Kenya, but okay.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 10:26pm
Maybe her dad is african italian.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>