Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Kevin Sorbo calls Ferguson protestors 'Losers'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

‘Hercules’ Star Kevin Sorbo Apologizes for Calling Ferguson Protesters ‘Animals’

Media | By Gina Hall on August 21, 2014 @ 6:03 pm
 59 106 0

Share0Share0 941
Hercules Star Kevin Sorbo Apologizes for Calling Ferguson Protesters Animals

“Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting … It is an excuse to be the losers these animals truly are,” Sorbo wrote in a controversial Facebook post

Kevin Sorbo has had a change of heart.

The conservative actor issued an apology Thursday, just hours after he wrote a Facebook post calling protesters in Ferguson, Mo. “losers” and “animals.”

Late Wednesday night, the 55-year-old “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys” star posted a series of scathing comments about the ongoing demonstrations in Ferguson over the death of Michael Brown, an unarmed, 18-year-old African-American, who was shot and killed by a police officer.

Also read: CNN's Don Lemon: National Guardsman Used N-Word to Describe Ferguson Protesters (Video)

“Ferguson riots have very little to do with the shooting of the young man,” Sorbo wrote in the Wednesday post, which has since been deleted. “It is an excuse to be the losers these animals truly are. It is a tipping point to frustration built up over years of not trying, but blaming everyone else, The Man, for their failures. It's always someone else's fault when you give up.”

Sorbo didn't stop there. “Hopefully this is a reminder to the African Americans ( I always thought we just Americans. Oh, well.) that their President the [sic] voted in has only made things worse for them, not better,” he said.

After the backlash, Sorbo wrote a second Facebook post, apologizing.

“I stand humiliated and humbled. My most sincere apologies for my post on the events in Ferguson,” he said. “I posted out of frustration and anger over the violence and looting. My words were never meant to hurt the African-American community. My use of the word “losers’ was directed at those doing the looting and vandalising and violence toward others,” he continued.

Aside from his breakout role in “Hercules: The Legendary Journey” from 1995-1999, Sorbo's acting credits include “Andromeda,” “Kull the Conqueror,” and this year's hit Christian drama, “God's Not Dead.”

Read the actor's entire apology below:

Okay…. I stand humiliated and humbled. My most sincere apologies for my post on the events in Ferguson. I posted out of frustration and anger over the violence and looting. My words were never meant to hurt the African-American community. My use of the word “losers’ was directed at those doing the looting and vandalising and violence toward others. Anyone who does that is a loser in my book. So I will not apologise to those who are looting stores and vandalising there own community. I am very sorry for the police shooting. To answer violence with violence is not the answer here. Real leaders need to emerge out of that community to deal with the problems with the excessive use of police force. I agree with you that the police action has only added to the reaction of the residents of Ferguson. Yes. I am an idiot and do hold myself accountable for the way my post came off.

nah, you ain't sorry brah

you tried to become relevant again, and it backfired, making you the real silly ass loser

hope it was werth it

Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 2:15am
I love it when they're candid like this. 
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 4:40am
Xena imma gonna need you to hack this idiots tongue out of his mouth and feed it to his loser family...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 6:46am
I was wondering why his irrelevant ass was on my tv screen yesterday. The rioting and looting was old news after the first day or two. No comment on ANYTHING else? You can tell he legitimately hates black people...I mean damn what he said was racist ether designed for kudos and I bet he got plenty. It's unfortunate that he didn't say this when he had a career to lose.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

And I was going to binge on Hercules after I finished Xena

Smh..guess not.

Xena was better than Hercules anyways. I remember when Xena came out Herc got kicked to curb in ratings. From what I remember.

and fucc him. how u gone be a conservative Christian and work on a show like Hercules?
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 8:43am
I'm glad this is letting us know who the racists are. And to think, I used to watch Hercules, Xena was way better!
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

I'm glad this is letting us know who the racists are. And to think, I used to watch Hercules, Xena was way better!

Wait till Lucy Lawless makes her own statements. lol!
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 9:22am
Lol

Who this pasty he devil?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 9:25am
^^^^nobody.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

Wait till Lucy Lawless makes her own statements. lol!

ikr. that did cross my mind. I'd hate to have to never watch Xena again.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic