Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kerry Washington, Jamie Foxx &Leo talk bout Django
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kerry Washington, Jamie Foxx &Leo talk bout Django

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kerry Washington, Jamie Foxx &Leo talk bout Django
    Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 2:23am
I liked what they all said, can't wait to see the film
I particularly like Kerry and Jamie's responses....obviously Embarrassed

Leonardo DiCaprio & Kerry Washington Cover 'Vibe' December/January 2013

Leonardo DiCaprio & Kerry Washington Cover Vibe December/January 2013

Leonardo DiCaprio and his Django Unchained co-stars Kerry Washington andJamie Foxx take the cover of Vibemagazine’s December/January issue, on newsstands December 11.

Here’s what the cast had to share with the mag:

Leo, on addressing the issues in Django Unchained: “For me, the initial thing obviously was playing someone so disreputable and horrible whose ideas I obviously couldn’t connect with on any level. I think it took me to places I didn’t even imagine. I remember our first read and it was hard for me to wrap my head around it. My initial response was ‘Do we need to go this far? Are we going too far?’”

Kerry, on the reality of the movie: “I remember there was this one moment in the script where Jamie’s character was put in an awful crazy medieval metal mask. I said, “That’s some sick thing Quentin thought up.” And when I went to the production office to meet about my wardrobe, I saw into the research office. Twenty photos of real masks like that. It made me sad….I didn’t even know that they wore masks like that, that people did that to us. It took a Tarantino movie for me to know that that’s not some crazy thing out of his imagination. That’s how it went down.”

Jamie, on the impact of the film: “Every two, three years there is a movie about the Holocaust because they want you to remember and they want you to be reminded of what it was. When was the last time you’ve seen a move about slavery? What we were doing was an acrobatic routine with the highest degree of difficulty. It’s a tough script to read. I had both my daughters come down to the plantation and I walk them through and said, ‘This is where your people come from. This is your background.’”

Sponsored Links

choc_lover View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choc_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 2:47am
I read this article, can't wait to see the movie either!
astokes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astokes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 2:51am
I can't wait to watch
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 3:11am
im excited to watch as well :)
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 3:13am
Jamie's response was very real.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 3:19am
^^i know! i love that he took his daughters down to the plantation to teach them
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 3:22am
I'm watching it on xmas day wooo woo.. and i read this is the first movie where a slave beats his master with his on whip..ClapClap
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 3:25am
Looking forward to seeing this film. I read how much trouble they were having so I was starting to think it would never be finished. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:08am
well i liked the Jewish movie Tarantino did so the slave movie better be good.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:11am
I'm sure I will enjoy it, but I sense there are many blacks who won't. And their reasons will be fair, I think. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic