Perfect Hair Collection

Keratosis Pilaris aka small black dots on legs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

yes it will jolie....
For the kp,have you ever thought are making your own lactic acid lotions?

Thanks for the answer. I've managed to calm the inflammation down by dissolving 2 aspirins in a little bit of water and slathering it on (something I read on a web site). I've done this two evenings in a row and it works quite well. However since I do keep some Aloe vera gel in the fridge, I'll give it a try also.

I've never made my own lactic acid lotion. I'm willing to try. Is there a recipe somewhere? I use Reversa skin smoothing lotion (10% glycolic acid) and it helps significantly at flattening the bumps but I was hoping that dry brushing would give it that extra kick. If I go back to dry brushing, I'll only try it 3 times a week or so instead of twice a day. The results for the first week were amazing but I guess my skin can only take so much...

Sponsored Links

Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 9:27am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

yes it will jolie....
For the kp,have you ever thought are making your own lactic acid lotions?

Thanks for the answer. I've managed to calm the inflammation down by dissolving 2 aspirins in a little bit of water and slathering it on (something I read on a web site). I've done this two evenings in a row and it works quite well. However since I do keep some Aloe vera gel in the fridge, I'll give it a try also.

I've never made my own lactic acid lotion. I'm willing to try. Is there a recipe somewhere? I use Reversa skin smoothing lotion (10% glycolic acid) and it helps significantly at flattening the bumps but I was hoping that dry brushing would give it that extra kick. If I go back to dry brushing, I'll only try it 3 times a week or so instead of twice a day. The results for the first week were amazing but I guess my skin can only take so much...

i do my own lotion.i bought some 88% lactic acid and mix it with some body lotion so y formula is 35%-40%.I use this formula:

pm me if you need more infos

Edited by Nadiesca - Jul 25 2013 at 9:30am
troker12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troker12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 12:49pm
Just thought I'd share what's helping my skin. Like most of you, I've tried a lot of things for my KP. Most oils and thick creams made it worse for me. Dry brushing as well.

This is what I found works for me: I shower with body wash product called Yes to Carrots. It contains beta carotene which dissolves keratin. You feel the difference immediately. My drugstore stopped selling the body wash so, out of desperation, I got the Yes to Carrots shampoo instead. It works just the same. 

I moisturize with Uremol 10 but I think any cream with 10-20% urea will work.

Once a week, I melt about 6 uncoated aspirin tablets and pour it in a bath and I soak in it for about 15 minutes. Every other bath, before I shave my legs, I exfoliate with St Ives Apricot Scrub, but only on my legs because it's too harsh for my upper body.

I have KP everywhere and I've finally learnt to live with it but these things help a great deal. The spots are still there but my skin is so smooth now, I just need to be consistent.
And I never use hot water, always lukewarm.

If you had to get only one of these, I strongly recommend Yes to Carrots shower gel/ Shampoo.

I hope this helps someone. Thanks for this thread. 
slimmacee23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimmacee23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 10:56am
I'm definitely going to try that Yes to Carrots...

I have KP all over my thighs, and due to picking i have scarring ): 

When I was in Florida about 2 years ago I had the best legs I ever had, though. I was tanning, exfoliating daily, shaving daily, in the ocean, and wore shorts/dresses, and using Eucerin for moisturizing. My legs and thighs were shining, literally. 

I swear Jeans make my KP worst, or at least gives me ingrown hairs. I get those, too. IDK if that's also KP or a separate problem on top of my KP.
jonsmith3181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonsmith3181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:11am
That's intriguing, I reside in FL and have the worst looking rank I've ever seen. It's on my legs and all over my arms and has only been getting worse over the years. I read that like most things, it's hereditary, and it turns out my Mother has it. I can scarcely glimpse hers though, so why do I have it so bad/so much? residing out of moderately hot wash rooms is a good tilt, but furthermore kp seems to get worse in any farthest heat. I endeavoured the Eucerin proposed above and had no luck. utilised it religiously too. I furthermore endeavoured Am-Lactin but I believe I chose the incorrect one-it stunk alarming but some individuals accept as true this merchandise is the best. I utilised 2 of the 3 DermaDoctor goods for KP, and continue to use the scrub. These products are exorbitant, especially contemplating the elite arrives in a little tube. The exfoliating scrub is pretty large-scale and lasts a long time though, so I accept as true general it's cheap. Just desire I could use a pleasing sugar or saline scrub again as all the KP items either smell alarming or have no odor at all. Still wondering if I do swap back to a more delight scrub if my skin's condition will make poorer. comical, I finally organised the Glytone kit and it just reached a couple of days before. The body lotion (17.5% Free Glycolic obnoxious) stinks for 30 seconds and has the Eucerin rectify texture but a little wider. The exfoliating body clean (8.8% Free Glycolic unpleasant) has the stink of the primary pink Olay moisturizer so it's not alarming, but I'm still missing my wash aromatherapy. I haven't glimpsed enhancement, but It's only been a twosome days. Hopefully the regiment  http://keratosispilaristreatmentgoogle.wordpress.com/keratosis-pilaris-lotion - keratosis pilaris lotion will work!!

Edited by jonsmith3181 - Jan 07 2014 at 10:14am
grandhustle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grandhustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 6:50am
One thing that has helped TREMENDOUSLY is using Tazorac on my KP. It's an acne med that is great for KP as well. It's Rx and I got samples from my derm. You should look into it!!
Chantelchocolate19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantelchocolate19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 4:37pm
I found out that Gycolic acid works wonders i use 40 percent on my face and body ( i know it sounds strong but it really isn't THAT strong). If you stick to a good reg you will see fast results. Also exfoliating is a must!! I use Kojie San soap (Kojic) it's pricey but it does the job or you can use the generic kojic acid soap. I also suggest moisturizing with anything organic  i try not to use anything that contains too many chemicals. Another thing you should always do is use spf i notice people with kp such as myself tan easily.. idk if it's your cup of tea but also natural lighteners can help ^_^ hope this helps!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234