Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Skin Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keratosis Pilaris aka small black dots on legs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
hairADDICT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairADDICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keratosis Pilaris aka small black dots on legs
    Posted: Jun 25 2011 at 11:15am
i just noticed this summer that i have these black little spots on my legs and they're so annoying . i've seen them on other girls legs but i've also seen girls legs where it's not all spotted and it looks so nice and soft and that's what i want . i thought it was because i shaved or used depilatory creams but so i went and got my legs waxed instead but the black dots are still there . i've been exfoliating and putting Lubriderm's advanced therapy for very dry skin lotion and it makes my legs really smooth to touch but the black dots are still there . oh and also sometimes it kinda feels like "chicken skin" in the back . i'm thinking about going to the tanning salon but if there are any other alternatives please let me know .

this is exactly what my legs look like :
http://www.theakatadiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/mstthigh.jpg
Sponsored Links

Chey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2011 at 11:35am
i have it as well... but i dont think its something you can get rid off.
Alot of african americans have it
Peachi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 8:14pm
 Try Amlactin Or even the Glytone line.
LadiMystic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadiMystic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2011 at 8:18pm
I have the same problem on my thighs but it just goes away and come back and mine aren't black.
daydai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daydai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 11:20am
I have them too but like LadiMystic they come and go on my thighs but they are always on my lower leg..Even though they dont really bother me that much anymore Id like to see if someone has found something that works.
Inayis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inayis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 11:30am
me too! I noticed exfoliating makes it a tad better but never GONE like the smooth soft legs I see on other girls either... it has to be something to help
shandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 11:37am
Im not a doctor by far but IMO keratosis P comes from the production of too much testosterone or androgen!Regular scrubbing in the shower with likas papya soap(it stirps the first layer of skin off)or fair and white aha soap  it has little nut peices in it to exfoliate its wonderful along with taking spironolactone
This will  give great results 
daydai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daydai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by shandra shandra wrote:

Im not a doctor by far but IMO keratosis P comes from the production of too much testosterone or androgen!Regular scrubbing in the shower with likas papya soap(it stirps the first layer of skin off)or fair and white aha soap  it has little nut peices in it to exfoliate its wonderful along with taking spironolactone
What is spironolactone? I do think I have too much testosterone! Do you know anything that balances estrogen/testosterone?...I think maca is supposed to but Im scared of maca lol
Inayis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inayis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

What is spironolactone? I do think I have too much testosterone! Do you know anything that balances estrogen/testosterone?...I think maca is supposed to but Im scared of maca lol

yes Im inclined to believe this is true as well.... but i think u need a prescription for this spironolactone right?
shandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 9:38am
Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

spironolactone does the job and very well talk to ur doc about it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>