Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:09pm
Kendrick is not overrated to me. He is lyrically ill and had good singles. I'm a J.Cole lover but his career will be like Nas's, White folks just don't care for him.
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Macklemore even told Kendricks that he was robbed

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:27pm
Macklemore &amp; Ryan Lewis/AP

Macklemore to Kendrick Lamar after Grammys: 'You got robbed'

"I wanted you to win. You should have," Seattle rapper texted Compton MC

BY MIKE AYERS 
Rolling Stone

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis cleaned up at the Grammys last night, winning Best New Artist and three awards in the Rap category. But after the ceremony, Macklemore Instagrammed a picture of a text he sent fellow nominee Kendrick Lamar, which reads, "You got robbed. I wanted you to win. You should have. It's weird and it sucks that I robbed you."

Also from Rolling Stone: Grammys 2014: Check Out the Hottest Looks From the Red Carpet

Macklemore was referring to Lamar's critically accalimed debut, "Good Kid, m.A.A.d City," which yielded seven nominations for last night's awards -- and won none. "I was gonna say that during the speech," Mackelmore's text continues. "Then the music started playing during my speech and I froze. Anyway you know what it is. Congrats on this year and your music."

In the caption section of his Instagram post, Mackelmore explained that while he's not trying to diminish "The Heist's "win for Best Rap Album, it well, might not have been the best out there. "He deserved best rap album," he wrote. "I'm honored and completely blown away to win anything much less 4 Grammys. But in that category, he should have won IMO."

Also from Rolling Stone: Grammys 2014: The Complete Winners List

Still, the night wasn't a wash for Lamar -- his collaboration with Las Vegas rock band Imagine Dragons was one of the best-received performances of the night. The two acts combined their hits -- Lamar's "m.a.a.d. city" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" for an electrifying live mash-up.

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis also had a much-buzzed-about performance -- their rendition of "Same Love" featured Trombone Shorty, a group marriage performed by Queen Latifah and Madonna singing "Open Your Heart" to the newlyweds.

Next up for both acts: touring overseas, with Lamar playing South Africa, Australia and the Phillipines next month; Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are also slated for a hefty tour of Australia and New Zealand, with dates also booked in China and Japan.

More from Rolling Stone 

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:30pm
the vid I heard this morning on the radio, he says the process is basically an inside job with ppl voting on stuff they know nothing about..  Take a listen so u know how the ballots work.  Its basically a game of popularity & favorites.  but still  idc @ kendrick
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:35pm
Macklemore is very humble compared to kendrick
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:37pm
I can see macklemore now typing that long ass text message while sipping champagne outta his grammy.....yall should know better
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Macklemore is very humble compared to kendrick
mackle is very astute at being pc

he could have not accepted his award

or not even said his thanks etc

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:40pm
He's tryna appear humble.
that cracka. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I can see macklemore now typing that long ass text message while sipping champagne outta his grammy.....yall should know better

I see that too
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I see that too

I have to agree with these two ladies.

Macklemore don't want that Kendrick Diss..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>