Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:18pm
Macklemores success is political.....
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I think u had to listen to Kendrick's album without skipping to hear the story unfold. At first I didn't like it, but that was because I skipped from song to song and missed the skits and additional songs. The story his album tells is awesome and when his friends brother gets shot I always cry. It reminds me of a dude that got shot on my corner. I feel Kendrick.

I actually have the entire album.....LOL.....listened to it too.....Mr00 purchased it.....I just didn't like it...like I said I love a few of the songs......

You know what...just

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

What the hell is the criteria for a grammy anyway? It's a popularity contest. It has, and never has been a reward for great music. So if you like the music and it's popular, then why not advocate for a grammy.

I was wondering if they screw up every genre. Like I heard a lot of country music fans say that Taylor Swift isn't country, she's pop.

Edited by melikey - Jan 27 2014 at 12:25pm
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:21pm
I was reading the comments somewhere.....everybody was complaining about every genre. 
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

and Miguels album is an actually classic.....I can play it forwards and backwards and shuffled without the need to skip......

no.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:22pm
and his performing sucks...lol
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

and his performing sucks...lol

Always....but the musics goodLOL
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:36pm
I have Miguels album.
I can't listen to that all the way through.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:43pm
I feel about the Good Kid, Mad City album like I feel about Blu's Below The Heaven album.

When Blu dropped Below The Heaven in 2007, I was just entering college and working 2 jobs, and Blu was mainly rapping about working multiple blue collar jobs, becoming an adult, dating and breaking up, and reflecting on the past and future. His album was pretty much the soundtrack to my life in 2007, nearly each song being something I could vibe to sonically and conceptually. I hear a track like "In Remembrance of Me", and he says stuff like "I saw the whole world through that girls eyes," and it's surreal how similar my thoughts and experiences were. That was the first time in a long time where I connected with an album like it was made just for my experiences.

I have the same thoughts about Good Kid, Maad City, except probably to an even greater extent. I've been called a good kid all my life and I too wonder sometimes, as Kendrick did in the track where he first smoked weed, if I told you I did something really bad, would you believe me? Or just perceive me as little ole Random. I have vivid memories of dating my own "Sharain." I remember this cute ass girl that I met at a block party, only to learn she lived in this project complex with a bunch of dudes that would ask me "where you from my Brotha?".

So when she invited me over, I rode a bike over there with my cousin and friend just because I was afraid I might get jumped if I went by myself. At that age, I used to rap with my boys and we were indeed listening to Young Jeezy and Wayne around that time, almost all day, fooling around, looking for something to get into. Plenty of adventures that make me relate to the art of peerpressure. Then there is the fact that I don't drink but my dads side of the family were alcoholics. So many emotions and sensibilities that hit hard to me, most notably the main theme of being pulled in two directions as a "good kid" in a "mad city."

Kendrick is 26, I'm 25, and I believe he made an album that many black boys our age can relate to, and I appreciate that...just like I appreciated Blu's album for being something a lot of 21-year-old black dudes could relate to.

I understand that relating to music isn't the same as that music actually being good. You have to separate the two if you're judging the music. There are flaws in Good Kid Maad City, and I can objectively point out a few of the corny hooks, at times weak lyricism, and questionable beats...but as a whole I think it's clear that hip hop in general is on the cusp of accepting the project as a classic.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:05pm
Macklemore even told Kendricks that he was robbed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System