Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Kendrick is overrated but okay.
This *runs out thread*
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:41am

Better artist out there that have no grammy.....fact.

that fact doesn't make him overrated though...who is he overrated to in contemporary music?  his album was better than Jay's!

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 27 2014 at 10:41am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

that fact doesn't make him overrated though...who is he overrated to in contemporary music?  his album was better than Jay's!

Kendricks album was not that good.....much like frank oceans....5 decent songs off a 18+ track album doesn't make it a classic......when did we stop expecting every song to be top notch.....

All this Kendrick dik riding will eventually cause chaffing....cause that brotha aint got the juice.

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:46am
What do you expect from the Grammys ???
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:51am

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Kendricks album was not that good.....much like frank oceans....5 decent songs off a 18+ track album doesn't make it a classic......when did we stop expecting every song to be top notch.....

All this Kendrick dik riding will eventually cause chaffing....cause that brotha aint got the juice.

IA about Frank Ocean...that year i preferred Miguel's album bc it was more listenable but Frank had all the hype...i like every song on Kendrick's album though...not only that, but he basically threw ngas off the mountain and put his flag at the top, without so much of a sweat.  wesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssside.  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:56am
I think people make themselves like Kendricks entire album because someone said it should be liked or you're not a real hip hop head.....that body of work was over rated......it had some songs I loved but just some. He didn't throw anyone off the mountain.....he came for people and only woke the peasants which low-key slaughtered him lyrically.....the top artists gave that nicca a pat on the back and it was business as usual.....

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Jan 27 2014 at 11:08am
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:01am
even if he is overrated, you put his sh1t next to macklemore and tell me mack is better and you a bald faced lie

*shrug*
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:02am
definitely a bandwagon effect, but there will always be one...there's really no such thing as fact in opinion on music so we'll just agree to disagree.  i've been listening to the album since it dropped fall 2012 and i'm still not tired of it.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

even if he is overrated, you put his sh1t next to macklemore and tell me mack is better and you a bald faced lie

*shrug*

I never said thatLOL

Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i bet you that source was mc lyte

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair