Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Kelly Rowland coulda been a Beyonce...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 21>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:31am
solange wears crazy clothes and is a faux hipster which i guess is interesting....however i did like her second album
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 12:58am
I wish Kelly would stop trying to be an R&B chick and stick to house music. She did like 3 songs with David Guetta - my favorite being Commander - which did really well in the dance/house music scene, which is basically everywhere but the US.

With R&B she falters, Motiviation was a wompy track to me. I don't care who you put on it...Roachie (Lil Wayne) or any other "it" rapper of the moment, that song was still tired.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:04am
faux hipster? Oh gawd LOL
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:48am
Really? I wasn't aware of this.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:01am
Solange reminds me of the red-headed stepchild type. 
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 6:11am
It is all about who stands out. When DC hit the scene..Bey and Letoya stood out. If anyone would have risen to fame it would have been Letoya had she received the same grooming as Bey, not Kelly. Letoya even found a footing even after they tried to destroy her career. She still is struggling, but had things not gone down the way they did...she would be right up there with Bey I believe. This is the reason why there were problems, because Letoya wanted the same shine as Bey..she was writing songs and working hard as well. I just believe Kelly was always along for the ride and happy to be just that..along for the ride. When she tried to sing "Like This" live and came from the audience up to the stage at an awards show..she was so out of breath. Bey can work up a sweat and still control her breathing and voice to sound good live. She works hard..and her father most definitely put his efforts in his daughter..I don't blame him. 
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 7:52am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I wish Kelly would stop trying to be an R&B chick and stick to house music. She did like 3 songs with David Guetta - my favorite being Commander - which did really well in the dance/house music scene, which is basically everywhere but the US.

With R&B she falters, Motiviation was a wompy track to me. I don't care who you put on it...Roachie (Lil Wayne) or any other "it" rapper of the moment, that song was still tired.

I think she needs to do pop. its the only music that is really selling nowadays
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

You know, I think Beyonce lucked out

She would've never been had she not had the 'white audience' warmed up to her with the success of Destiny's Child

And Destiny's Child would have never happened had it not been created in the right era (when boy bands and girl bands were acceptable and "in" according to the pop culture)

It took Beyonce a long ass time to become the entity that she is and I attribute part of that to her being Black

Black female singers (aside from Whitney) haven't never reached height she has and I believe Whitney is the only to do it in such a short time period. Usually that privilege is just left for the White pop stars

Rih had the same issues, only white popstar get big instantly. I remember her Pon de replay days (2005) and when she finally got really big with Umbrella (2007).

In comparison Lady Gaga made Just Dance and got to instant stardom.

lovelove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovelove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:48am
I honestly think Kelly was fine with being Robin (While Beyonce is Batman).It has been shown through out the years.Will there will ever be another Beyonce...?Possibly.I honestly feel like black female talent gets looked over these days.Imo,what's happening in the film world is slowly transferring over to the music industry.You barely see us making it big in film & you'll barely start seeing us making it big singing/& or rapping on the stage.& This is very depressing because there is so much black female talent out there.We just need people to check for it.I'll be honest,it somewhat disturbs me that T.I signed Iggy Azalea.I'm not trying to throw shots at her or anything...but come on.There are so many talented black girls trying to rap out here & you sign the white girl from Australia.I am sad to say I'm happy that music/film is not my career of interest.I know there are talented black girls out there who truly bust their a**es trying to make it in that industry.
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

Kelly got that same sex appeal. 
Not with that plastic chest.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair