Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
DiamondInTheRough View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeping texturized hair pretty
    Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 4:41pm
Need your help, ladies. So I've been going through this thread and gathered a few things from it. Can yall tell me if I got this right?

1) Cowash daily or several times a week. If co-washing is not for you, use a diluted moisturizing shampoo without bad ingredients like mineral oil or petrolatum and follow with conditioner

2) After washing/co-washing, leave a little bit of a cheapie conditioner in your hair for moisture (like VO5, Pantene, Aussie Moist, etc... other suggestions are welcome

3) Apply a curl activator like S-Curl (other suggestions are welcome)

3) Follow with an oil to seal (coconut oil, olive oil or other - suggestions are welcome)

4) To style and make curls pop, use some type of gel or curly pudding if gel tends to clump (could you recommend brands of both gel and pudding/cream please?)

5) Moisturize twice a day, morning and night with curl activator and oil sealant and tie your hair at night, preferably with a satin bonnet

6) Am I missing something or are some steps in the wrong order? Not sure about no 5 in particular. Should it be a mixture of S-Curl, followed by cheapie moisturizr and sealant or what I wrote originally?

7) Treat your hair like you would treat natural hair - use deep conditioner once a week, use cheapies to co-wash and/or to leave in, clarify every now and then to wash out excess product, use protein when necessary

8) Do people with texturizers need to do braid-outs and twist-outs like naturals or should the curls come out naturally after using products?

9) Texturizer application should be done preferably every 3 months if you can stretch it that long but usually it's the same schedule as if you were putting on a relaxer (every 1 inch of growth). True or false?

I'm natural and I know how to take care of my own hair but my sister has a texturizer and it looks like crap most of the time (dried out, curls not popping, etc...) Her hair is short and she has 4a/4b hair and lives in a cold climate.

Thanks ladies and please feel free to comment each step!

Sponsored Links

Adriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 2:13am
bump
AfrikanButtafly88 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 10:17am
Bump
Renae View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 7:43pm
These are really good questions that I'd like to have the answers to as well! Please ladies, reply!

Thanks in advance!
HunnieBunnieAJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 6:34pm
bump

these are great questions....can anyone offer any input at all..??
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 10:48am
[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by DiamondInTheRough DiamondInTheRough wrote:

Need your help, ladies. So I've been going through this thread and gathered a few things from it. Can yall tell me if I got this right? im not sure if there is a right or wrong

1) Cowash daily or several times a week. If co-washing is not for you, use a diluted moisturizing shampoo without bad ingredients like mineral oil or petrolatum and follow with conditioner
co-wash as needed

2) After washing/co-washing, leave a little bit of a cheapie conditioner in your hair for moisture (like VO5, Pantene, Aussie Moist, etc... other suggestions are welcome

when i leave conditioner in my hair i find that i don't need any other products.  i add few drops of oil and thats it.

3) Apply a curl activator like S-Curl (other suggestions are welcome)
if you like but you have to figure out what products works well for her hair

3) Follow with an oil to seal (coconut oil, olive oil or other - suggestions are welcome)
yes find the oils you like

4) To style and make curls pop, use some type of gel or curly pudding if gel tends to clump (could you recommend brands of both gel and pudding/cream please?)
not really.  i never mix gel products with creamy products.  i end up with clumps and knots.  a few drops of oil works better for me

5) Moisturize twice a day, morning and night with curl activator and oil sealant and tie your hair at night, preferably with a satin bonnet
moisturize as needed.  2x would be a lot for me. sometime all that is needed is to sleep with a conditioning cap under a satin bonnet

6) Am I missing something or are some steps in the wrong order? Not sure about no 5 in particular. Should it be a mixture of S-Curl, followed by cheapie moisturizr and sealant or what I wrote originally? not sure how to answer this question. 

7) Treat your hair like you would treat natural hair - use deep conditioner once a week, use cheapies to co-wash and/or to leave in, clarify every now and then to wash out excess product, use protein when necessary mostly but its more fragile than natural

8) Do people with texturizers need to do braid-outs and twist-outs like naturals or should the curls come out naturally after using products? i guess it depends on the hair and the length.  usually put my hair in two twists or cornbraids.

9) Texturizer application should be done preferably every 3 months if you can stretch it that long but usually it's the same schedule as if you were putting on a relaxer (every 1 inch of growth). True or false? true

I'm natural and I know how to take care of my own hair but my sister has a texturizer and it looks like crap most of the time (dried out, curls not popping, etc...) Her hair is short and she has 4a/4b hair and lives in a cold climate.

Edited by tatee - Jan 18 2011 at 10:51am
BajanChick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2011 at 7:19pm

Need your help, ladies. So I've been going through this thread and gathered a few things from it. Can yall tell me if I got this right?

1) Cowash daily or several times a week. If co-washing is not for you, use a diluted moisturizing shampoo without bad ingredients like mineral oil or petrolatum and follow with conditioner Co-wash if you need to but I never co-wash my hair it simply doesn't work for me, but everyone's hair is different

2) After washing/co-washing, leave a little bit of a cheapie conditioner in your hair for moisture (like VO5, Pantene, Aussie Moist, etc... other suggestions are welcome I use either Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream, or Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave In Conditioner, it all depends on how I feel that day

3) Apply a curl activator like S-Curl (other suggestions are welcome) S-Curl doesn't help me with my curl definition at all instead I use Wave by Design 2-in-1 Dry Finishing Lotion 

3) Follow with an oil to seal (coconut oil, olive oil or other - suggestions are welcome)  I find that my moisturiser works well to seal in moisture

4) To style and make curls pop, use some type of gel or curly pudding if gel tends to clump (could you recommend brands of both gel and pudding/cream please?) My gel of choice is Elasta QP Feels Like Silk Liquid Styling Gel if you prefer a pudding you could try ORS Olive Oil Smooth and Hold Pudding but I found that the Elasta was better at defining my curls and adding shine whereas the Pudding left my hair frizzy after 3 hours

5) Moisturize twice a day, morning and night with curl activator and oil sealant and tie your hair at night, preferably with a satin bonnet While the activator I use is moisturising I use my Elasta QP Olive Oil + Mango Butter Moisturiser to add moisture to my hair at night

6) Am I missing something or are some steps in the wrong order? Not sure about no 5 in particular. Should it be a mixture of S-Curl, followed by cheapie moisturizr and sealant or what I wrote originally? You would have to find what works for you. I tend to apply my moisturing products at night and styling products in the morning. It's all about what works for your hair

7) Treat your hair like you would treat natural hair - use deep conditioner once a week, use cheapies to co-wash and/or to leave in, clarify every now and then to wash out excess product, use protein when necessary Yes, yes, yes! I deep condition once a week with Elasta QP DPR 11, Clarify with VO5 (any) and use protein treatments as needed which isn't very often

8) Do people with texturizers need to do braid-outs and twist-outs like naturals or should the curls come out naturally after using products? I am not a fan of braidouts but you could experiment to see if it works for you

9) Texturizer application should be done preferably every 3 months if you can stretch it that long but usually it's the same schedule as if you were putting on a relaxer (every 1 inch of growth). True or false? True

I hope this helps!! I'm not telling you buy all these products but I hope that by telling you what I find works for me that your sister can experiment with different products and regimens Smile
Star007 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2011 at 8:53am
This was a lot of HELP!  I started texturizing my hair in February..I went from relaxing to texturizing and have been having trouble keeping my hair mositurized so this is a big help!
27chanela View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 9:38pm

1) Cowash daily or several times a week. If co-washing is not for you, use a diluted moisturizing shampoo without bad ingredients like mineral oil or petrolatum and follow with conditioner- I cowash every other day with Shea Moisture Organic Raw She Butter Restorative Conditioner. If I have to Shampoo I use Pantene Clarifying shampoo.

2) After washing/co-washing, leave a little bit of a cheapie conditioner in your hair for moisture (like VO5, Pantene, Aussie Moist, etc... other suggestions are welcome - I use Cantu Leave-in Conditioner.

3) Apply a curl activator like S-Curl (other suggestions are welcome)- None

3) Follow with an oil to seal (coconut oil, olive oil or other - suggestions are welcome)- Olive oil mixed with Vitamin E oil.

4) To style and make curls pop, use some type of gel or curly pudding if gel tends to clump (could you recommend brands of both gel and pudding/cream please?)- She Moisture Organic Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie or Straight and Smooth Pudding but not together.

5) Moisturize twice a day, morning and night with curl activator and oil sealant and tie your hair at night, preferably with a satin bonnet- I am bad at night I usually just rinse my head with some water and throw a scarf on I don't mosturize at night.

6) Am I missing something or are some steps in the wrong order? Not sure about no 5 in particular. Should it be a mixture of S-Curl, followed by cheapie moisturizr and sealant or what I wrote originally? - Its up to you.

7) Treat your hair like you would treat natural hair - use deep conditioner once a week, use cheapies to co-wash and/or to leave in, clarify every now and then to wash out excess product, use protein when necessary- I rarely do a deep condition I usually use hot oil treatments. I've never done a protien treatment so I can't really give any input on it.

8) Do people with texturizers need to do braid-outs and twist-outs like naturals or should the curls come out naturally after using products? - I let mine do what whatever after I apply the products (it is too short for twists and braid outs Cry)

9) Texturizer application should be done preferably every 3 months if you can stretch it that long but usually it's the same schedule as if you were putting on a relaxer (every 1 inch of growth). True or false? - true I plan on doing a texturizer twice a year)

hair.days View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2011 at 7:29pm
hey so for my hair I NEVER USE THE CHEAP STUFF it has a bunch of crap in it, i noticed once i started using BC Bonacure by schwarzkopf. what has amino cell rebuild and its for chemically treated hair and for damaged(but my hair isnt damaged) using good stuff leaves my hair moist shiny healthy strong and growing i just texurized 3 weeks ago and i already have cm of growth. if you want great hair spend the money to get the good stuff that has good things in it for your hair just go to a beauty supply  store and ask the for the good stuff for you type of hair ,i also noticed my hair grew crazy long when i used to take a daily multi vitamin sooo you can take that into consideration...and everyone says cut your hair every 3months or what ever, thats a lie that just makes you hair shorter and it wont get long i trim my hair half a cm every 6 months or longer... and i tell the hair dresser, if i see any longer hair being cut off on the floor im NOT paying for my hair cut, so they know not to mess around ,beacuase sometime you say 1 inch they do 2 inch. also i deap condition with bc bonacure for 10 mins everytime i wash my hair which is like 2 or 3 times a week if i dont straighten it OH YA MORRACAN OIL BRAND IS AMAZING get it.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic