Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keeping My Weave In For 5-6 months

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2013 at 11:37am
Still funny
Sponsored Links

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:57pm
Ahhh, this is old but funny.

I've had mine in over 4 mos, doesn't stink (probably because I don't add a bunch of product that would get into my base and get funky) and I get compliments on my hair regularly.

The easiest take down I ever had was the one that was in the longest .

What works for some, won't work for others. *shrugs*

amandita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:24am
i have clients that do it but its not recommended at all.. 3 months is the maximum ..but there is no weave police to stop you lol... just know that during the take down you will need to be very very patient
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:21am
I just made 6 months. The longest ever! Got compliments on it the other night.

I love curly hair for this reason.
ka_schwim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ka_schwim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Does your net not move as your hair grows or do you tighten it up every so often? That's amazing to have a weave in so long and to still get compliments on it. Kudos on your installation skills Thumbs Up
Sushi_Addicted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sushi_Addicted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 4:25pm
I did this twice. I left one weave in for 5 months, got another one (back to back) and left it in for nearly 7 months. I went from neck length to a few inches short of BSL. My braids were pretty hard to take out and there was a lot of shedding. It was like a nightmare and my scalp was slightly pounding later that night. I don't know if I would attempt it again.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ka_schwim ka_schwim wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Does your net not move as your hair grows or do you tighten it up every so often? That's amazing to have a weave in so long and to still get compliments on it. Kudos on your installation skills Thumbs Up

It def moves up separate from my leave out. It looks like a lil Jewish cap/Yamulka , and I kinda lift it up, pull it forward/down after washing and put some big bobby pins in it to keep it closer to my leave out.

I don't get it tightened.

I don't self install. I really think it's because I use curly hair.
ladybugj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladybugj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Having Fabulous weaves and 4 strands of real hair is NOT cute. You guys kill me looking for 98 different products for some other Indians ladies hair but wont care for your own real hair trying to save money.

If taking down your weave and caring for your own hair is too much of a hardship then you don't even deserve weave in the first place. Clearly you are living beyond your means.

Please stop honey. It's not that deep. It's her hair she can do what she chooses with it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345