Perfect Hair Collection

Keeping it hot? challenge?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeping it hot? challenge?
    Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 10:34am
Is anyone interested in a challenge where moderate heat use is actually encouraged?

my hair is so much better now that i keep it straightened. i have little to no tangles,quick daily maintenance,smooth wash days, less breakage and my hair looks great until the day i wash it.
Sponsored Links

NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 11:19pm
Actually, a lot of women have noticed that too. Wish I could join. Earlier in the year I experimented with the idea of heat training,and would have def. signed up for this challenge, however, I have since recanted and I find that I'm too often wrapped uop in PS' anyways.Good luck finding members anyways!
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 3:35pm
I would join you Nappp, but I've been inconsistent with posting on the forums.

I blowdry on wash day-which is  Thursday AND Sunday ..  and I would not have it any other way.
Big smile

I loose less hair, have little to no ssks and so far, splits have not been an issue.

I plan on keeping up with this unorthodox regimen until June and then  I will decide if I should go back to only 1x a week blowdrying.

Either way, heat is going to stay in my regimen. As much as I have tried, airdrying is not for me.
Medium heat is my friend.

loulou82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loulou82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 10:35pm
This is a cool concept for a challenge. I think my crown would benefit from blowdrying and being kept stretched via heat. 

Good luck with your challenge Smile.
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:30pm
Sounds interesting! I airdry but I cant live without my flat irons
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 12:32pm
Napp, did you abandon this challenge? im interested in seeing others progress with this.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 12:42pm
I used to blowdry my  hair straight everyday for years and it got shorter and shorter every month. Only now that I am on spaced out Japanese Relaxer,  lots of OIL,  and Wrapping hair every night is my hair growing a little.

Keep it straight... but do it without heat as much as possible. (daily castor oil and wrapping with doo wrag and bonnet)

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 26 2013 at 12:48pm
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2013 at 4:02pm
yes i am still doing this challenge. no one seemed really interested in joining so i didnt post in the thread again.

I plan to alternate with rollersets and blowdrying on high power/low heat. I just upgraded my flat iron and need to upgrade my blowdryer and hooded dryer. for this to work, i think i need better heat tools. i feel like cheap/low quality tools will end up hurting me in the long run. My goal is to have reneice like results

I am really going to focus on this because i wore my hair in a wet bun and a HUGE chunk of my hair broke off at the new growth. It seems that keeping my hair streched with heat is the best way i will be able to survive my long transition and keep my length. i cant belive i will be a year post in just a few days!

Edited by Napp - Mar 05 2013 at 4:08pm
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 6:58am
Ahhh if only heat were my friend. I can't blowdry, I can't flat iron yet I have 3 straighteners and two blowdryers .
Well I just came into to wish you luck and bump to see if anyone shares your interests.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 9:46am
Hey Napp! I have been doing this since the Fall. My plan for the NY was to learn how ti style Cleo with heat tools. My Hubby helps me out a lot with flatironing. But, I think I got it!

My main resason for going straight during the colder months were the ssk's that appeared to take over my head during the Summer. They didn't impede my growth, but I hated feeling them or seeing them. So, now, I blowdry and press 1x a month. I can keep my press in for a month with maybe 2 retouches. My hair doesn't stink or itch. I use high heat via blowdrying and flatironing bc anything less is a joke.

Heat has really helped with minimizing my ssk's, so I'm pleased. If you don't have a challenge per se, I will still drop in a share.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>