Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - KEEPING IT COOL - NO DIRECT HEAT CHALLENGE 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KEEPING IT COOL - NO DIRECT HEAT CHALLENGE 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:35am
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

HEY, just stopping in to say hi to all the new ladies and all the VETs in this challenge. i wont be in it this time around in a effort to combat ssk's but i loved this challenge the past 2 years.

@ Havi: excited about ur transitioning, when do u plan to trim the texlax ends or are u gonna do just a lil at a time?
in addition: have u heard from akishoy sp?

hey lady!  thanks for checking in and letting me know.  so are you going to be flat ironing more?  what are you doing to combat ssk?  inquiring minds want to know!  Smile 

you will be missed!!!!!

i haven't heard from love or ebonycprincess or talia..... at least not in the new thread.  ebony and talia are on FB, so i know they are doing well.  i also haven't seen a few other ladies in months that were regulars in the old threads.  i hope everyone is ok....i miss our little group.  but i am excited about our new friends this year!

please stop in and say hi sometime and share pics.  i would love to know how your hair is progressing.Wink
Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 4:00pm
@ havi i will continue to stop in and say hi ans share updates of course.
but i will be blow drying more. i dont think my hair likes being straight (flat ironed) for long periods of time. i have been straight for 3 weeks now and it just seems so dry and i'm sheading more. but i will be going back to blowdrying with heat every time i wash.

and actually now that i think about it i have just decided to do back to back installs of kinky twists all year for 3 months at a time so i dont even think i will use all those heat passes so perhaps i will be more than a lurker. huh go figure.

Edited by naynay455 - Jan 22 2013 at 4:01pm
EbonyCPrincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EbonyCPrincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 6:54pm
I straight missed all of this!!!  I wanna shadow (if I'm too late to join).  I'm going to try to use no more than 2 direct heat uses.  I was back and forth about this bc I was considering no heat all year but I think I may wanna use like a curling wand or something at some point.  We'll see.  But definitely two or less! 
EbonyCPrincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EbonyCPrincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by havilland havilland wrote:

Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

HEY, just stopping in to say hi to all the new ladies and all the VETs in this challenge. i wont be in it this time around in a effort to combat ssk's but i loved this challenge the past 2 years.

@ Havi: excited about ur transitioning, when do u plan to trim the texlax ends or are u gonna do just a lil at a time?
in addition: have u heard from akishoy sp?

hey lady!  thanks for checking in and letting me know.  so are you going to be flat ironing more?  what are you doing to combat ssk?  inquiring minds want to know!  Smile 

you will be missed!!!!!

i haven't heard from love or ebonycprincess or talia..... at least not in the new thread.  ebony and talia are on FB, so i know they are doing well.  i also haven't seen a few other ladies in months that were regulars in the old threads.  i hope everyone is ok....i miss our little group.  but i am excited about our new friends this year!

please stop in and say hi sometime and share pics.  i would love to know how your hair is progressing.Wink

Yes I'm here!!! Hug  I'm still reaching for BSL but I do believe this will be my year for tremendous retention.  My plan for the year is Jan-April protective styling, April - June roller/rod setting, June - Sept Weaves and Sept - December ENJOY!!!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 7:37pm
hey ECP, that sounds like a solid plan i hope we both reach full bsl and more this year.
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 1:30pm
I will be peeking in ladies. I am definitely trying to lay off heat this year.  I usually flat iron 4 times a month but I am trying to cut it down to twice a month which means 12 heat passess for me! Good luck ladies!
caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 12:17am
Good luck Ebony and Nay on reaching full BSL. I am on that same quest lol. It seems like a long stretch but its getting there :).
Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:09am
So far so good. I let my hair dry in braids overnight, and keep my hair in braids whenever I dont have to go anywhere. Being that it hasnt been hard while it's winter time, the rest of the year should be smooth sailing... 
caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 4:34pm
@Louel. I do the same thing. Braids are just so convenient for keeping your hair detangled. Especially in the Winter.

As for my hair this far, I've been keeping it in braidouts/twistouts for about a month now. I am seeing zero SSK's and I think I may be on to something here. Every night before bed, I just re-twist or re-braid and undo them in the morn. It literally takes zero effort and I'm loving it. I think I'm going to keep wash n go's out until it starts to warm up a bit.
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 7:55am
hey ECP!  glad to see you around these parts! 

i have been half wiggin it ladies.....i am on a hide my hair challenge.  the weather is perfect for a half wig and a silk scarf.  i can't do them in summer cus it's too hot!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>