Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - KEEPING IT COOL - NO DIRECT HEAT CHALLENGE 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

KEEPING IT COOL - NO DIRECT HEAT CHALLENGE 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

Author
Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 10:21am
try using the site with an added 2 after forum. You might be able to post with photos when you do that

forum2.blackhairmedia.com 

Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 3:47pm
Pretty Louel! How long have you been natural?

I am definitely in on this. I hope to not even use heat six times this year.
caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:42pm
@littleladybug.... I totally know what you mean about flat ironing to the point where it looks relaxed. I've been natural since 2004 and I did notice growth...that is until I started flat ironing when I noticed some length. After constant abuse, my hair either broke off, or just stayed straight and limp looking. I ended up cutting off all the heat damage last year (about 3 inches) because my WnG looked a mess. So I know this challenge will be nothing but beneficial to everyone here. :)

@Louel......Your hair is fantastic!!! That is my goal length and thickness lol!
NeenSupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeenSupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 11:19pm
It's going to be tough for me but I would like to join!
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

What about soft bonnet dryers? Are they okay?

soft bonnet dryers are fine...just no flat iron, blow dryer, curling irons, crimpers, and hot rollers.  al those are direct heat.

you can use caruso steam rollers, roller sets, hooded dryers, etc.  those are indirect heat and less damaging
lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Louel Louel wrote:

try using the site with an added 2 after forum. You might be able to post with photos when you do that

forum2.blackhairmedia.com 

thanks for the tip pretty lady Louel. Not working for meOuch. I will get my act together and piut together a fokti/page with my progress
Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 7:22am
@SweetNovember  I have been natural for 4.5 years now. Had to cut off 1 year worth of growth to get rid of color damage and another half year worth of growth to even everything out in the meantime. 

@Lovelybrown I never upload pictures straight from my computer, I always use the fotki link. 
NeenSupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeenSupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 8:33pm
Here is my starting pic:
 The reason I joined the challenge is because I have been natural all my life (never had a perm) but I have been pressing/ flat-ironing since I was like 12 years old. I cut my hair 2 years ago and when I first started to regrow it was fast but now I feel like I'm not retaining any length. I usually wash, blow dry and flat iron my hair once a week without fail. moisturize my hair and oil my scalp with a sulfur and olive oil mix when I feel like it, but I dont like that it makes my pressed hair heavy and greasy looking so I don't do it as often as I should. 
For this challenge I am going to try braid outs, twist outs and bunning. I did my first braid out today I am not sure how it will turn out but I just felt so anxious to wash my hair and get this challenge started so I am sure that I will make this work. I dont really have a regimen yet so I hope that you ladies can help me develop one. 
HHG
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by NeenSupreme NeenSupreme wrote:

Here is my starting pic:

The reason I joined the challenge is because I have been natural all my life (never had a perm) but I have been pressing/ flat-ironing since I was like 12 years old. I cut my hair 2 years ago and when I first started to regrow it was fast but now I feel like I'm not retaining any length. I usually wash, blow dry and flat iron my hair once a week without fail. moisturize my hair and oil my scalp with a sulfur and olive oil mix when I feel like it, but I dont like that it makes my pressed hair heavy and greasy looking so I don't do it as often as I should. 
For this challenge I am going to try braid outs, twist outs and bunning. I did my first braid out today I am not sure how it will turn out but I just felt so anxious to wash my hair and get this challenge started so I am sure that I will make this work. I dont really have a regimen yet so I hope that you ladies can help me develop one. 
HHG

welcome!!!!!Clap

(edited to delete pic....i hate when people quote my pics....sorry!)

Edited by havilland - Jan 16 2013 at 11:23am
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:57pm
HEY, just stopping in to say hi to all the new ladies and all the VETs in this challenge. i wont be in it this time around in a effort to combat ssk's but i loved this challenge the past 2 years.

@ Havi: excited about ur transitioning, when do u plan to trim the texlax ends or are u gonna do just a lil at a time?
in addition: have u heard from akishoy sp?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic