Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - KEEPING IT COOL - NO DIRECT HEAT CHALLENGE 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KEEPING IT COOL - NO DIRECT HEAT CHALLENGE 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KEEPING IT COOL - NO DIRECT HEAT CHALLENGE 2013
    Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:42am
This is a year long challenge. JAN 2013 to DEC 2013

I'm issuing 6 passes for direct heat. 

Those of you who know me, know I try to stay away from heat (don't always succeed as much as possible)  This is year FOUR for some of us who have done my previous challenges....so we should know what we are doing. Clap

NEWBIES WELCOME!

Keep it Cool Rules :
- 6 direct heat passes for the year
-keep it positive in this thread or you will be ousted LOLAngry

LIST OF EXCEPTIONS to the Keep it Cool Rules
hooded dryers, Caruso steam rollers, blow drying on COOL setting, touching up new growth roots, flat ironing leaveout (for weave/wig wearers) and heat caps. These DO NOT count as direct heat

- if you use a heat pass, you must post a pic so those of us who are heat junkies can live through you Wink

- post and update - as my girl Loveakisoy says "no one wants to be in a challenge where no one posts"

- post a starting picture, regimen and goals by January 15th so we can drool and steal from each otherLOL

- try to give at least one product review during a quarter 
(quarter end dates = March 30; June 30; Sept 30 and Dec 30)

- be positive and encouraging Tongue
naturals, relaxed, texlaxed, texturized, whatevas...ALL are welcome!
Sponsored Links

havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:43am
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/keeping-it-cool-in-2012-challenge-closed_topic327595.html

here is a link to last year's challenge so newbies can see the haps from previous 12 months.
Bt0wnzH0nnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bt0wnzH0nnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 5:41pm
Im very interested in joining! I will post my pic and regi soon. Saving my spot.
caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 7:09pm
I'm in!
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:25am
there will not be a list of challengers since i can't edit posts anymore (makes me sooooooooo MAD)

post a before pic when you can ladies....i will be back with mine.  i gotta download them to photobucket and then come back....so annoying.  nothing around here is easy anymore
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:01am
This has been my hair's best friend for the past year and a half. I only used direct heat 2x for a length check...but my ends are the best, I only need to trim once a year and there is not much to trim. 

Edited by khivey - Jan 04 2013 at 9:01am
Libra926 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libra926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:30am
Id like to join. Brb with my regimen.
Libra926 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libra926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:59am
I wore weaves for 6 years without a break in between which caused my hair to thin out tremendously. In September 2012 I decided enough was enough and began my HHJ.
I would visit the salon every 2 weeks to get my hair washed/conditioned/blow dry/flat iron.
In November I found a new stylist that specialized in natural hair care. I decided that I wanted to get a texturizer to be able to wash my hair every week instead of every two weeks. Which I did on December 1st, 2012. My starting length is a little below SL when stretched.

Here is a pic before my texturizer  photo5_zps41df2a72.jpg

After texturizer  photo3_zps708da3d9.jpg

Flat ironed  photo4_zps63e83857.jpg

Regimen
Shampoo 1x week with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo
Co wash 2x week VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie
Deep Condition 1x week Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment
Protein Treatment every other week or as needed ORS Hair Mayo
Moisturize 2x a day or as needed Elasta QP Mango & Olive Oil Moisturizer
Seal - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Just ordered JBCO cant wait to try!
Protective Style - Bun everyday. When I get home from work I take my bun down to let my hair breath. On days that I co wash. Once my hair is slightly dry I part my hair in four sections and apply twists or braids. Whatever I feel like during that day. 
Supplements- Hairfinity, Fish Oil Omega 3 and Vitamin E.

caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:32pm
Ready for another round of no heat lol! Anyway, here is my regimen:

Dc at least once a week(dry) with my mixture (Tresseme naturals, aloe vera juice, Grapeseed Oil and Lisa's Hair Elixir). It is during this time I detangle.

Next is my go to hair style which is a WnG. My main staples are Shea Moisture Anti-breakage Masque as a leave in, and my new favorite ECO STYLER CUSTARD! When I'm feeling fancy, I throw in some KCCC lol. I try to alternate my WnG's with twistouts /braidouts now. For that I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Shea Moisture Curling Souffle. As a refresher, I use Shea Moisture Hold n Shine spray. My hairstyles usually last 7 days. I then repeat the process.

I also sleep on a satin pillowcase. Instead of Pineappling, I but my hair in two Chun li buns and I'm good to go. :)

I was in the 2012 No heat challenge, and I have seen fantastic results. I'm hoping for the same this year. Here are my starting pics. I only flat ironed in Dec. Before that was August of 2011.

Dec 2012 (flat ironed)

Jan 2013 (WnG)

P.S. I am fully Natural and my Journey began in November of 2010.

Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:29am

I would love to join this challenge since I'm already doing it.

Right now i keep my hair braided and wear wigs, that I make. I normally take down my braids after 2 to 4 weeks and detangle with conditioner first, then I shampoo atleast every other week with the Shea Moisture thickening shampoo and aphogee for damage hair shampoo. Sometimes i just use one. Then I deep condition with Giovanni Deep Moisture Conditioner. When I rebraid I let my hair air dry until its just damp. I spray small sections of my hair with my conditioner, oil and water mix, put some Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner on , and seal with castor oil then braid the section.
If I'm washing the braids I just air dry and spray with my world of curls spray and aphogee pro vitamin leave-in, with castor oil.
I spray my hair daily with my world of curls spray and I'm adding in the aphogee pro Vitamin leave in(my hair loves protein). Sometimes I put sulfur 8 on my scalp or peppermint or eucalyptus oil.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>