Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

KEEPING IT COOL IN 2012 CHALLENGE - CLOSED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 10:03am
@caiomhe: thanx i would say im gonna miss ya but im not cause i'll still be up in here posting like i am still in the challenge just thought i would keep it fair and let u guys know whats going on. plus to be honest the only time my hair isnt strecthed is when im washing and i wash in twisted sections so my hair is stretched 99% of the time i think the real culprit is my ends im in need of a good trim. havent had one of those since 09.

health over lenght i know but its hard. although i am gonna bite the bullet and trim in dec. im gonna make it a point to trim once a year from now on and see if that helps.
Sponsored Links

caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 9:45am
@Nay...Well thats good to hear that you will be sticking around to post. I'm looking forward to seeing more styles! And I totally feel you on the trimming thing. I had to force myself to start doing trims every 8 months because no matter how much I tend to my hair, I still get SSK if the ends start to get tatty. I think a good trim really will solve your hair issues. You will be surprised in December! :)

So I had an interesting Cyber Monday, lol! I never really buy anything all year, so I decided to let loose a little and get some stuff while its cheap. I ordered the Camille Rose Curl Maker. I keep hearing rave reviews. I'm a little worried because it does have Glycerin in it, but I've never really tried a gel with glycerin. I figure I need to start putting oils over my leave ins before the Gel. I think it could work. If it doesn't, oh well I got it for cheap lol. I also purchased the Kiss my Face Upper Management gel. I heard you can get it on the ground at Whole Foods, but they only seem to have the shower gel in my area. The ingredients look really good and after only paying 5 bucks yesterday, I'm not complaining lol. I also ordered two 16oz jars of KCCC because that is a staple. I'm hoping the KMF gel works just as well as KCCC. If so, that will be replaced in a heartbeat lol. As my hair gets longer, that stuff just goes too quickly.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:20pm
ok so that whole waiting till dec to trim did not work. shoot i trimmed last night while doing my twists i trimmed each partition b4 twisting i took off about 1-1 1/2 inches and even 2 inches in some areas and my twists are still longer than they were back in august when i did this style and my ends feel so smooth i still could stand to lose another inch but im taking baby steps here..

sweetkatia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetkatia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

ok so that whole waiting till dec to trim did not work. shoot i trimmed last night while doing my twists i trimmed each partition b4 twisting i took off about 1-1 1/2 inches and even 2 inches in some areas and my twists are still longer than they were back in august when i did this style and my ends feel so smooth i still could stand to lose another inch but im taking baby steps here..

@ Naynay I totally feel you on the trimming thing because I have to do the same.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:51pm
@katia it felt good to get rid of those ends dont know why i was holding on to it so tight.
EbonyCPrincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EbonyCPrincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 8:53pm
@Nay - its amazing how when you have the urge to trim, its like you can't wait right?  I'm sure it looks a thousand times better - if to no one else but you and trimming gradually will help.  I just went through the exact same thing last year and am just now moving forward length wise.

@Katia - girl, I hope you got a fabo deal on the KCCC!  That stuff can run your pockets!  lol.  

Just wanted to pop in and say hi!  I'm wearing the unit I talked about a few pages back called the Hollywood 10 Minute Sew in.  For whatever reason I'm loving my weaves right now so I'm rocking with it!  No heat here!  I can't wait to reveal my hair at the end of the month...ya'll ready for the big reveals?!
loveloreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote loveloreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:12pm
naynay455: single strand knots are my worst enemy. that is why i am happy these box braids are in my hair right now. i would be bald without them because i was >this< close to fixing them once and for all with a nice pair of clippers.... i applaud ur self restraint and balance. if a little heat does less damage than a good shaving then i'm all for it.

on the other side of the farm, i'm still in box braids. i love the diamond pattern i did this time, but i have not been tying them up at night, so they are frizzy. i think i may just rebraid the edges, mist them all and tie them in a wrap to try to defrizz a little. they aren't that bad. 

my husband and i have been invited to a formal party in feb which stinks because i didn't want to see my hair until april. now i have to figure out what to do with it.... i'm going to weave it up i guess. minimal heat to leave out. then i'm braiding it back up right after, because sewins are not my friend
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:27pm
hi ladies!   everyone looks like they are doing well.

@naynay -- we are "trim" sisters! LOL i trimmed 2 inches over thanksgiving too.   

@ebony --- your vids are the best. i am really enjoying you articles here on BHM too. very impressive.

@ caoimhe -- you did black friday and cyber monday right! i love getting those hair deals! i bought 4 bottle of miss jessies pillow soft curls and a box full of hairveda stuff. just got my notice that it shipped today!   wooohooo.....i love holiday time because of the hair sales and the joy in the air. LOL

@loveloreal --- post pics of the formal do. we wanna see.

loveloreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveloreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:31pm
pics are not my friend either, but i will make a concerted effort. we have to take family pics this spring, too, so lots of things that are not nice to me are coming my way this next year :) 
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 11:30am
@havi to a good trim and fresh ends...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style