BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KEEPING IT COOL IN 2012 CHALLENGE - CLOSED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:19pm
@Havi... haha not sick of you or the challenge at all! I'm enjoying the sisterhood as well! :) Plus this no heat thing is really working! I can't wait to see your flat iron pics for Thanksgiving! Goodluck!

Sponsored Links

bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by havilland havilland wrote:

ok GOOD!  i will def host another challenge if yall are down with keeping our little sisterhood going.

i thought you all were sick of me and this challenge by now.  LOL Wink

i am planning on cutting about 2 inches off and flat ironing for thanksgiving.  this will be 3 times for me this year...maybe 4?  i have to go back and check.

Yay!
Thumbs Up
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2012 at 1:51pm
@bella -- hey there!  glad to see you around here.  so glad you are gonna join us next year.  please feel free to keep hanging out now too.Tongue

@caoimhe -- ok awesome.  we will bring it again next year too. 

i am a "no heat" for life...really it's low heat.  keeping the heat off my hair really has made a difference.  i would love to get down to 1x a year, but sometimes i just need to run my fingers through my hair and let the wind hit my scalp.
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:24am
i did an aphogee two step treatment last night after a long detangling session. my hair is not happy right now.....the texlaxed ends are in full on rebellion mode....i really can see how my fine strands wear away over time.

i am now grazing mid back, but i am cutting two inches off right after thanksgiving because the ends are just thin and they are tangling with my new growth and any shed hair that gets in there....it's a mess.

i don't want to risk a setback and i don't want to cut off my hair.  so a good cut is needed to preserve some length. 

i really just want to texlax and cut back to APL and call it a day, but that's frustration talking.......
caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 12:56pm
@Havi...I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. I'm glad you realize that it is only frustration talking when you say you want to cut back to APL. Its great that you have a plan to preserve what you have. Stay tough girl! Setback suck but you are heading on the right track! :)

I myself had a loong detangling session last night. I went about 3 and a half weeks without doing a wash n go so my hair got pretty tangled. I mean, I moisturized it, and finger detangled it, but in the end it still rebelled. I'm just realizing that with my thickness and texture, I have to stick to sectioning while detangling no matter what. It may look good on the surface, but when I finally put that wide tooth comb through, I realize how much more shed hair I actually have, thus making the process longer. There is no straying from my routine any longer lol.
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by caiomhe caiomhe wrote:

@Havi...I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. I'm glad you realize that it is only frustration talking when you say you want to cut back to APL. Its great that you have a plan to preserve what you have. Stay tough girl! Setback suck but you are heading on the right track! :)

I myself had a loong detangling session last night. I went about 3 and a half weeks without doing a wash n go so my hair got pretty tangled. I mean, I moisturized it, and finger detangled it, but in the end it still rebelled. I'm just realizing that with my thickness and texture, I have to stick to sectioning while detangling no matter what. It may look good on the surface, but when I finally put that wide tooth comb through, I realize how much more shed hair I actually have, thus making the process longer. There is no straying from my routine any longer lol.

^^^^^^^^^^^  PREACH SISTA PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is EXCATLY what happened to me.  i was co washing but not detangling every week like i should.  my hair rebelled.  i paid for it with that last detangling session.

me and my hair are friends now, but i am still trimming a couple of inches tomorrow.  and from now on i WILL be detangling and deep conditioning with heat once a week.
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 11:18am
hey gorgeous women!

hair PICS....i updated my fotki with my Thanksgiving hair updates. i did a braidout, as well as flat ironed and cut 2 inches off. click the FOTKI UPDATES below to see pics.

i am 18 months into my transition to natural and i am doing my best to keep my hair at BSL until i trim the chemically relaxed hair off.

in other hair related news -- You all know that Hairveda has been a staple of mine for YEARS. Well the owner asked to feature me as a hair model in December (I think it will be ready by December). I am so honored! I have hair someone wants to feature????!!! When the site goes live I will post a link.

FOTKI UPDATES

Edited by havilland - Nov 25 2012 at 11:20am
caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 12:48pm
@Havi.... Your hair looks amazing! Keep doing what you're doing because its working! And congrats on becoming a hair model for Hairveda! Girl you are working it! You have aspiration hair! Yay! :)

In other news, its been two weeks since taking the Biotin 5000mcg.  I have to admit that I am seeing results in my skin. At first, I did have a couple of bumps on my forehead, but by the next week my skin was super soft and still is. As for my nails, I've already had long/thick nails (my mom refers to them as Talons lol) but they seem even stronger and sharper. Almost like knives :/. But my hair feels strong as well. November 29 is my 2 year BHM-aversary  so I will do a length check then. I can't do an accurate Biotin review until a few more months have gone by but things are looking promising.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 10:42pm
CONGRATS havi....

DC'D with my steamer. ohh la la it went well oh and ladies i am officially bowing out of this challenge my ssk's are getting to be too much so i now blow dry with heat twice a month.

love u ladies....ill keep checking in.
caiomhe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caiomhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:13am
@Nay... I'm sorry to hear you are leaving the challenge :( But good luck on the rest of your journey! I know what you mean about those SSKs...They should really call them 'several strand knots' because at least for me, its never only one strand thats knotted...

But keeping your hair stretched like 90% of the time helps a lot. Anyway, your hair is gorgeous and luscious anyway :).
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 63>
  Share Topic