BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

KEEPING IT COOL IN 2012 CHALLENGE - CLOSED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 7:13am
@Yakuria ---- hey girlie!  good to see you.  i love the braids.  Embarrassed  they look like they are easy to take care of and the style is very flattering on you.  so how long do you leave the yarn braids in?and how long does it take to get them put in?what's your regi?  spill the details please! Smile
Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2012 at 3:52pm
ok ladies so as u can see i took down those crochet braids i didnt make it to 4 wks in them like i wanted to but i just got tired of that style. so here is my new set of crochet braids hopfully i can keep these in for 1 month.

havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 7:47pm
@naynay --- that looks so pretty!  you should be doing hair professionally!  what kind of hair do you use to get that look?  that look is so beachy and pretty.  reminds me of summer time.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by havilland havilland wrote:

@naynay --- that looks so pretty!  you should be doing hair professionally!  what kind of hair do you use to get that look?  that look is so beachy and pretty.  reminds me of summer time.

Thanx havi. i thought i mentioned in the past that i do hair professionally its just that im also a nurse so nursing is my main career at the moment and i do hair on the side. but i have actually been a licensed cosmetologist/barber longer than i have been a licensed nurse.

the hair is actually synthetic but is working out well. its model model glance italian curl.
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2012 at 10:36am
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

Originally posted by havilland havilland wrote:

Thanx havi. i thought i mentioned in the past that i do hair professionally its just that im also a nurse so nursing is my main career at the moment and i do hair on the side. but i have actually been a licensed cosmetologist/barber longer than i have been a licensed nurse.

the hair is actually synthetic but is working out well. its model model glance italian curl.

forgive me for the duplicate question.  i guess i forgot you did hair.Embarrassed  that makes so much sense to me because your hair styles always look like model hair.  looks straight out of a magazine!

so today ladies i am doing a honey treatment mask.  for the first time in my life my hair needs moisture not protein.  i am home today so i am applying olive oil, honey and some conditioner to my hair to get the moisture balance back from after my aphoghee treatment last week.
loveloreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveloreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 6:20pm
i have been trying to post for a few weeks now, but it never lets me submit. of course this is going to work. 

my hair is thickening up slowly, but surely. well, the top three inches or so is thicker than the last part for the sections that got torn out i guess. i can only guess it got this way because i was tearing a lot out when i combed and pressed it last year. i'm going to leave it alone and let it keep growing. it stretches down to collar bone length. that's nice. 

i'm still in box braids. i've started rebraiding them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveloreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by caiomhe caiomhe wrote:

So I looked at a picture of my hair from about six months ago and compared it to one I took in late August. Not an official length check (not doing one until Dec when I flat iron) but I can definitely see a difference. Pics really do help when getting discouraged.
FEB 2012

LATE AUG 2012

OMGosh! what awesome progress! congrats chica!

i better have that  kind of progress in six months. i've been trying to be really good. 
havilland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havilland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2012 at 5:26pm
@loveloreal --- congrats on hitting collar bone!  that is a fun length.  you can wear it up in cool styles and it has swang when you wear it down.  i remember when i hit CBL after years of being stuck between neck and shoulder......i just felt like my hair was so pretty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveloreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2012 at 5:46pm
Thanks Havilland! I haven't worn it out. I just put my braids back up. I'm excited, though, because it is definite progress. Also, I haven't been cutting on it or heating it. 

I haven't had it all down at once since I re-braid sections at a time, but I suppose I'm about at the beginning of this girls's picture strip at 2:05 in this video. I'm hoping my hair grows thicker so that I have her thickness as well as her length in my three month checks. 

I think I may even start taking pictures since my hair doesn't make me want to shave it off when I look at it. (Granted, it is a bit thin in areas, but its tolerable to see since it isn't extremely bad or all over like i thought). i think box braids saved my hair's life. 

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveloreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by EbonyCPrincess EbonyCPrincess wrote:

@Lovelo -girl I'm addicted to taking pics...I swear I have photos for daysssssss, lol.

If i had hair like yours, Ebony, I would have pics for dayysss too!!! lol. your hair looks fun. mine makes me want to kill it when I see it. I think a better time is coming, though. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 63>