Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keep up the momentum: what have you done?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 4.43  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 1:50am
Im doing a persuasive essay and speech about trayvon.. im going to persuade them to donate, ill be sending a cup or bowl around the class and I'm gonna donate too.   

Im going to make them MFers cry.. im gonna do better than the lawyers (well, i imagine myself to be similar to Guy in the end.. im dramatic). 

i was hesitant cus i dont wanna hear anything negative about tray.. i havent yet... but it just hasnt fully come up (my teacher said something like, "ugh... you got people talking about how they dont even wanna bring kids into this world now.. and how things are so bad right now... things are better than theyve ever been!") and he also said some lil sh*t like, (hypotheticallySleepy) "or.. what if theres a trial and everyones mad at the verdict..? you never really know what exactly happened..." its been like the elephant in the room.. no one has actually mentioned the trial or tray or GZ.. I just squinted and shook my head vigorously (i sit in the front row and we had eye-contact) 

I genuinely like that teacher but i dont give a fck.. if anyone says something negative about him.. i dont know how ill react.. it depends on what/how its said... but plz dont even try it.. the cute indian is in that class and i dont want him to see the rude bish just yet.. everyone in my class is nice to me so i dont think they'll say any crazy ish since they'll see how passionate i am about it.. but idk.. 

Sponsored Links

Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:51am
I'm fundig a black owned salon to get my nails done

Even though their prices are double what the others charge

Also this weekend I'm going to compile my black owned businesses for my area

I can't do 100% cause I'm sure there's no grocery stores, but I want to give the majority of my money to black businesses from now on. Also I want to volunteer but I'm struggling because I only want to help the AA community
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 5:57am
I'm also going to two black-owned businesses in my area. I'm sooooooooo excited!

If I see a mother/child walking in this 95 degree heat, I'm gonna offer a ride...

I'm gonna try and find a summer program for black youth to volunteer at...

Sooooo, what have I done? Nothing right now...

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 7:54am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I'm also going to two black-owned businesses in my area. I'm sooooooooo excited!

If I see a mother/child walking in this 95 degree heat, I'm gonna offer a ride...

I'm gonna try and find a summer program for black youth to volunteer at...

Sooooo, what have I done? Nothing right now...

ClapSmile
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

I paid for a black womans iteme at the register today. Her card kept declining. I had an altercation with a white woman earlier so I needed something positive to focus on.

I wish there were more black owned stores to buy food at here.

Im taking baby steps.
That's the problem Im running into as well. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 8:03am
So far I am doing a lot of insignificant stuff.

- I like to ride the ass of racist whites in forums when they talk about my little brotha, Trayvon.
- I am currently looking into how to start a charter school and a business in the US.
- I'm stealthily taking away some of the power and influence one of the racist teachers at work has with the Koreans.  Apparently, I am well respected because I am the ONLY teacher who is taking Korean lessons.
- I am helping a black teacher start a pen pal program with students at her school. 
- I am planning to donate money to the Trayvon Martin foundation and start letter writing as soon as I can.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

So far I am doing a lot of insignificant stuff.

- I like to ride the ass of racist whites in forums when they talk about my little brotha, Trayvon.
- I am currently looking into how to start a charter school and a business in the US.
- I'm stealthily taking away some of the power and influence one of the racist teachers at work has with the Koreans.  Apparently, I am well respected because I am the ONLY teacher who is taking Korean lessons.
- I am helping a black teacher start a pen pal program with students at her school. 
- I am planning to donate money to the Trayvon Martin foundation and start letter writing as soon as I can.

tokyo, check w/ a university to see if they would be interested in partnering w/ you. a lot of charter schools get their charter (and additional funding) thru universities.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 9:32am
well...i try to do stuff everyday.  i live in an area many in my circle wouldn't.  i think it is extrememly important for young black children to have the ability see and interact with productive role influences in their everyday real lives.

anyway, just the other day, a young lady rang my door bell.  she couldn't have been any older than 13.  she was asking for $100 for her anxiety "medication".  no prescription.  claimed the pharmacy told her she had to get the medication herself and that her parent couldn't get it for her anymore.  when i asked for her address and told her i would need to go speak to her parents she gave me the address but said her parents were out of town *shaq giff*.  clearly, she was lying her azz off.  and, of course i gave her a real talk lecture she will either heed or ignore.  either way, i am sure she will remember the experience...
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 9:39am
i set up a mtg nxt week to expand our mentoring program. hopefully, it will work out like i want it, where an adult would mentor a HSer, who would mentor a MSer, who would mentor an elem. student. so it would be like a family.
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 10:11am

for the church goers, i urge all of you to go to your church's quarterly business meetings and request that your pastor puts the congregation's money into a Black bank

the Black church takes in around $17bn a year which is then put into white banks which they reinvest inthemselves. that new gentrification project happening around the corner from you? your tithes and offering are funding it.

that money could be used to get Black banks on a level in which they could lend to other Blacks. this promotes employment, empowerment, innovation and a lower crime rate.

and if there are any First Lady's reading this, you are now cognizant of how the misuse of our money is hurting us. this is now your responsililty. you have the greatest influence on your husband (usually) so you need to speak up. let's not let the white man get paid off of alla that anymore. speak up and demand.

jr.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System