Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Keep up the momentum: what have you done?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

[/QUOTE]

Sponsored Links

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 8:37am
I'm trying y'all!! I did good yesterday! I didn't talk crazy to anyone. I know I should be the bigger person and KIM. I've been trying to keep myself in check.. Newdiva don't look at me like that!

We had the girls party yesterday. Seeing those girls faces light up and smile really made me melt. We talked about so many things. Trayvon Martin came up, just as it should have. I had to pick my words carefully. The other ladies helped out with that conversation a lot bc I felt so choked up and it got hard to hold back my tears.

I'm going to be more peaceful about this. I'm trying to keep my cool. Those girls and others like them need positive reinforcement not for me to go around uncorking on these hateful white ppl.

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

so i was in montreal today. there were a bunch of black sorority women on board (we'll keep the name anonymous). many of them (not all) were flat out rude to us when i (specifically) was purposely extra nice to them. 

too tired to go into detail but i just wanted to make this post real quick before i go to bed. my little psa.

on this journey towards unity and service, we will encounter many black people who will almost make us want to throw in the towel. 

don't let them deter us. keep pushing, brush it off our shoulders and move on to the next person who we can help. 

that is all. have a good night ladies.

\
Hug
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:40pm
thanks for the support ladiesHeart

warning: long rant ahead lol

about that situation yesterday. i know there are some naysayers out there who would probably read that post and say "see, just like all black people are not down for the cause, you can't paint all white folks with the same broad brush and think they are all evil." 

to the hypothetical, i say this: there was/is a distinct difference in the negative interactions i have with black women and the negative interactions i have with white women.

in my heart, i do not believe that the negativity we sometimes dish out to one another is rooted in anything but apprehension. i think with a lot of us, we respond to one another on the defense. kinda like, 'let me get her before she tries me', kinda thing. 

on the flip side, 99.999% of the negative interactions i have with white people are laced with this subtle undertone of superiority on their parts. something you can't quite put your finger on, but you know its there. and no, its not paranoia. yall know what i'm talking about. 

that said, sure there are some white people who try to fight against that inborn/learned inclination. and of course i'm not suggesting that there are no natural born degenerates in the black race. what i am suggesting is that black people have a lot of ba ge that can be traced all the way back to our being pitted against each other during and post slavery but i don't believe that ba ge is the end all be all.

little by little we can undo that damage. but when we're faced with these type of challenges (and we all will be), we can't let it break our stride. it starts by rising above the petty sh*t, continuing with our united front and that whole cliche of being the change we wish to see in the world. 

Edited by noneyons - Jul 22 2013 at 6:43pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:42pm

so i was in montreal today. there were a bunch of black sorority women on board (we'll keep the name anonymous). many of them (not all) were flat out rude to us when i (specifically) was purposely extra nice to them. 

too tired to go into detail but i just wanted to make this post real quick before i go to bed. my little psa.

on this journey towards unity and service, we will encounter many black people who will almost make us want to throw in the towel. 

don't let them deter us. keep pushing, brush it off our shoulders and move on to the next person who we can help. 

that is all. have a good night ladies.

YOU WERE IN MONTREAL??? Why didn't I know about this?

Edit: Stupid post. I just realized you're probably not talking about the same Montreal, lol

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 22 2013 at 6:44pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:45pm
i was in montreal canada yesterday, jolie. you live in montreal?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:46pm

i was in montreal canada yesterday, jolie. you live in montreal?

Yes, I do! Damn, I wish I had known...
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:48pm
i was only there for a little over a day. next time i'm in town i'll send you a pm in advance. i'd love to have lunch and some dranks with you, girlie! you drank?LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:52pm

i was only there for a little over a day. next time i'm in town i'll send you a pm in advance. i'd love to have lunch and some dranks with you, girlie! you drank?LOL

Lol, staring at my wine stash as I respond to this...
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

Me: Yes you could have but you didnt. You walked right by me and did not acknowledge me standing here. But I mean, I dont expect much from crackas these days.

I thanked the black lady for her help and left them standing there. White girl looked like the sky had fallen. Yes cracka, pick your face up off the ground!!

Black power bitches!!!!
i love you.LOLHeart
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
  Share Topic