Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karrine Steffans says she's not African American
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Karrine Steffans says she's not African American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

one more question

for those that are descendants of slaves in your given country

have you or your family attempted to trace your African lineage?

Yes.  I had to do it via ancestry.com's DNA test.  According to the new and improved test, my ancestors come mostly from Cameroon/Congo, Mali and Nigeria in that order.
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 2:15pm
I found my great great grandmother and her mother on a plantation in nc in the 1850s. That's how I found out about the rape in my family because they turned up mulatto house help at the same place after slavery. My great great grandfather took his wife away from there but not before she gave birth to another mulatto son.
I feel like black history movies focus a lot on beatings but don't really cover the rape generations of women went through. Then those evil bastards enslaved and raped their own blood, it's sick.
I have never been interested in dna or Africa specifically because I know I'm a west African mutt mixed with white. . I'm good.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

I honestly don't like the things that some people apply to me when I say I'm Jamaican. It's a lot of this "you must be good in bed" nonsense. Some dudes are so f*ckin dumb.

They have some type of sexual stereotype for everyone. I have gotten the same foolishness for being light skinned.

my friend used to tell me that light skinned girls are sexualized early.  i never hear people speak on it.

The way I see it black women period are sexualized early.

Light girls are good in bed because everybody was tryna smash or smashing from young because she's a pretty light girl reppin' long hair don't care.

Dark girls are good in bed because surely she'll fucc anyone who shows her a modicum of attention because most men ain't really tryna mess with no dark girl therefore her self esteem will be fucced up and she will have no standards on who or what she'll fucc therefore her numbers will be high thus experience.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 4:48pm
^Damn. I never heard those before.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 5:06pm
She is sick on so many levels! I dont understand what she is trying to say I read the begining of her book she was raped and tramatized if that is not a burden what is???? She sounds unreal she should just stop talking and go Read something of value.... her mind is full of Smutt!
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

one more question

for those that are descendants of slaves in your given country

have you or your family attempted to trace your African lineage?

No and honestly most Jamaicans prob. aren't interested plus the cost wouldn't help. Weh me a spen _______ USD pon dat fa? Me have bills to pay and food to buy. Mi done know she me black from mawning" [Why would I spend ______ USD on that for?] I have bills to pay and food to buy. I already know I'm black from morning (jump/birth]

Jamaicans are Fanti, Ibo, Yoruba, Ashanti, Mandingo and Akan/Coromanti. Slaves were from West Africa Ghana and Nigeria in particular. We have a large Maroon community isolated from the rest of us(generally). five towns actually. Nanny of the Maroons led Salve rebellions and legend says she caught a bullet in her buttocks. AngryLOL

Also, Jamaicans have a reputation for being um aggressive and it is said to be the fighting spirit of the Krymanti (it has different spelling) AND that the worst most belligerent, vicious, real warrior/gangsta slaves were dropped off in Jamaica ( a few yrs ago a BHMer said this and she caught heat!)

African based religion are alive and well Kumina, Revival and Myal (now this one I learned about fairly recently and I want to go to see it performed live so bad). These are common place on the eastern end of the island.

Now Jamaica is a place of dichotomy and extremes almost seems bi-polar at times. Uptown (suburbia) vs downtown (inner city) have a tug of war going part and we literally live beside each other. Space is limited on an island. Most suburbs (in the Kingston) on the flat not the hills are bordered or near by a lower income community. Negro elitism at it's finest. Our word for ghetto is "bhuttu" for upitty is "stush" but we still use ghetto uptown downtown middle class. [I remember when uptown kids would deny their uptowness and try to act downtown and hard and their patois was off cause they learned it second hand from helpers and gardeners. LOL Thank God for Sean Paul (the artiste) he made it OK to be uptown and proud of it]

All that to say that ^^^^^^ show African custom and how it ranges cause uptowners look down upon many things bhuttu, and obeah, kumina and myal are a NO NO. A nine night is an African celebration held nine nights are the death food and singing of hymns long into the night
now uptown the nine night = good amount of  food, music playing, liquor, dancing maybe
       downtown the nine night= food music liquor, possibly daggering
       country= food, music BIG SOUND, liquor, bands (who drum and sing and dance all night) or myal where they call the spirits and get into spirits and it can get scary

There MUST be curried goat and white rice at the nine night. lol

Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

black americans are truly the marginalized (wo)man Unhappy
lol wut

marginalized people are people who are generally ignored or deemed insignificant members of a society. We dont "fit in" anywhere, no where to truly call home
lol wut

Black Americans of all the diaspora can never complain about being ignored/deemed insignificant. If its any black voice to be heard or black issue to be discussed it will usually be black American or pertaining to black America.

Edited by Eden. - Jan 06 2014 at 12:52pm
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

She may not be african american but when you reside in American and you are black you do have the same struggles.....add the fact that her cooter has more miles than a 1989 honda and her stubble is double.

she never spoke so much till she started running out of cocks to suck
Well Dayum.

Every word in this post gave me so much life lolClap
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

How did those 'islanders' get there? Natives?
they rode on the backs of dolphins. Too exclusive for slave ships -______-

LOLCryLOL
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 1:02pm
all i picked outta all of this is she didn't have african american struggles..............so suckin D to get money or "famous" ain't a struggle...............whatevaa
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
  Share Topic