Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karrine Steffans says she's not African American
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karrine Steffans says she's not African American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:05pm
Have any of you read her book?  From what I remember the sexual abuse, slut shaming, and all of those topics she claimed she never went through she actually went through.  Her mother went through it and her own grandmother went through it from what I gather (but I could be wrong on that part).  I guess she forgot to mentioned that she was raped at the age of 13 or 14.  She has a turbulent relationship with her mother.  Her grandmother had a bunch of kids with several different men and her daughter (which is Karrine's mother) was a product of a relationship with a white by the name of Axel? or something Dutch-y.  Since she came out the lightest, she was resented by her half siblings.  I believe that the grandmother did some slut shaming on her daughter since was a bit hot in the ass. 

Please keep in mind that I read this book years ago so my info would be a bit slipshod.  I would get it at the library and it would take you about 5 hours to get through it.  Trust it is not a long read.
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Have any of you read her book?  From what I remember the sexual abuse, slut shaming, and all of those topics she claimed she never went through she actually went through.  Her mother went through it and her own grandmother went through it from what I gather (but I could be wrong on that part).  I guess she forgot to mentioned that she was raped at the age of 13 or 14.  She has a turbulent relationship with her mother.  Her grandmother had a bunch of kids with several different men and her daughter (which is Karrine's mother) was a product of a relationship with a white by the name of Axel? or something Dutch-y.  Since she came out the lightest, she was resented by her half siblings.  I believe that the grandmother did some slut shaming on her daughter since was a bit hot in the ass. 

Please keep in mind that I read this book years ago so my info would be a bit slipshod.  I would get it at the library and it would take you about 5 hours to get through it.  Trust it is not a long read.

but atleast she aint AA though
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

True but the way she worded it, she acts like she never dealt with such issues in her lifetime.  Me thinks she is whitewashing her background to snag her a rich WHITE husband. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

True but the way she worded it, she acts like she never dealt with such issues in her lifetime.  Me thinks she is whitewashing her background to snag her a rich WHITE husband. 

let her have it.  all that head needs to amount to somethingLOL
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:33pm
Should've married Bill Maher -_-
Seriously Ms. Steffans had a lot of trauma in her life
Hope she seeks help
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

Should've married Bill Maher -_-
Seriously Ms. Steffans had a lot of trauma in her life
Hope she seeks help

I get the sense that it's a little late for that. There are levels of trauma and hoeing. She passed the threshold.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:48pm
Great thread Smile
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:51pm
I honestly don't like the things that some people apply to me when I say I'm Jamaican. It's a lot of this "you must be good in bed" nonsense. Some dudes are so f*ckin dumb.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:55pm
We haven't had a thread like this one BHM for a long while used to be rather popular back in the day. Im surprised it's civil and hasn't turned into a AA vs WI Vs African fight. Proud of you all. Approve
Now now GG you know the Jamaican men have the big bamboo and the stamina that's out of this world. and Yard girls know how to bruck buddyErmm

I like how someone phrased it as "sibling rivalry"
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

I honestly don't like the things that some people apply to me when I say I'm Jamaican. It's a lot of this "you must be good in bed" nonsense. Some dudes are so f*ckin dumb.

They have some type of sexual stereotype for everyone. I have gotten the same foolishness for being light skinned.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 26>