Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karrine Steffans says she's not African American
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karrine Steffans says she's not African American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 26>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

You know, I actually heard some reporter from the BBC describing blacks in Britain as African American. I was like wtf?
I've also an American reporter call Naomi Campbell African American, which was really bizarre as well

...and this is why I (and the Belizean guy probably) go out of our way to correct people about our cultural identity. White people like to generalize the black race as some monolithic community. As though we speak the same languages, eat the same foods, and have the same culture because we are black. When its them though, they love to highlight the differences.   Its insulting. You can determine who I am by just looking at me.

lol, i do this to white people sometimes.  American White person: "Oh im german, irish and have some polish in me too."
Me: "oh, so you're white?"

i do this to jewish and italians all the time. LOL they stay tryna distinguish themselves and im like nah son you white.

Actually it depends on what type of jews and if they are northern Italians or southern Italians. Most Italians in North America are Sicilians. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood and I actually love to remind them of their Moorish blood, because it drives them nuts. Some of them walking around with afros, pssst.... I'm careful who I do it to, though cause my old neighborhood is mafia controlled , lol. You piss off the wrong person, you might end up being cast in concrete
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:04pm

You know, I actually heard some reporter from the BBC describing blacks in Britain as African American. I was like wtf?
I've also an American reporter call Naomi Campbell African American, which was really bizarre as well

...and this is why I (and the Belizean guy probably) go out of our way to correct people about our cultural identity. White people like to generalize the black race as some monolithic community. As though we speak the same languages, eat the same foods, and have the same culture because we are black. When its them though, they love to highlight the differences.   Its insulting. You can determine who I am by just looking at me.

lol, i do this to white people sometimes.  American White person: "Oh im german, irish and have some polish in me too."

i do this to jewish and italians all the time. LOL they stay tryna distinguish themselves and im like nah son you white.

Actually it depends on what type of jews and if they are northern Italians or southern Italians. Most Italians in North America are Sicilians. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood and I actually love to remind them of their Moorish blood, because it drives them nuts. Some of them walking around with afros, pssst.... I'm careful who I do it to, though cause my old neighborhood is mafia controlled , lol. You piss off the wrong person, you might end up being cast in concrete

girl im in jersey land of jews and italians.  aint no different.  you act white you are white.  the most racist people ive ever met in my life were italians.  claim them fools if you want to.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:07pm

girl im in jersey land of jews and italians.  aint no different.  you act white you are white.  the most racist people ive ever met in my life were italians.  claim them fools if you want to.

Girl, I ain't claiming them, they racist as fcuk, I grew up around them. I only do it because it pisses them off and I know they can't tolerate the very idea. I know they think of themselves as white and benefit from white privilege.

Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:12pm
It's really not that serious to go out of your way to correct somebody for calling you African American...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

It's really not that serious to go out of your way to correct somebody for calling you African American...

It really depends in what spirit it is done, his attitude and all. I can usually tell when it's just a means to assert their ancestry as opposed to some confused negro who reflects black in the mirror but think he's white and looks down on AAs and or thinks Africa is something to be ashamed of.
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:19pm

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

It really depends in what spirit it is done, his attitude and all. I can usually tell when it's just a means to assert their ancestry as opposed to some confused negro who reflects black in the mirror but think he's white and looks down on AAs and or thinks Africa is something to be ashamed of.

yea true...
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

I don’t have slavery in my family so and a lot of islanders don’t, so our mind state is different. We see things different and we’re not ashamed of our bodies. We have Carnival for Christ’s sake….That’s how we live our lives. We go to the beach; we swim naked. It’s just different. Island girls just do it better and that’s just a fact.”

http://naturallymoi.com/2014/01/celebrities/karrine-steffans-says-shes-not-african-american/
She should've taken a break from suckin dack and opened a book. Blacks have the same issues all over the world...poverty, racism, colorism....what ever other ism there is
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

I don’t have slavery in my family so and a lot of islanders don’t, so our mind state is different. We see things different and we’re not ashamed of our bodies. We have Carnival for Christ’s sake….That’s how we live our lives. We go to the beach; we swim naked. It’s just different. Island girls just do it better and that’s just a fact.”

http://naturallymoi.com/2014/01/celebrities/karrine-steffans-says-shes-not-african-american/
She should've taken a break from suckin dack and opened a book. Blacks have the same issues all over the world...poverty, racism, colorism....what ever other ism there is

she's also unaware that white people enslaved one another long before they even knew black people were ripe for the picking.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:56pm
She can claim whatever she wants to be honest.  I have nothing against her as an individual.  I don't see any major loss to the African-American/Black community. 
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

How did those 'islanders' get there? Natives?

Girl you ain't know?  It was a free lifetime vacation where they "volunteer" to make their "sponsors" rich.LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style