Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karrine Steffans says she's not African American
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Karrine Steffans says she's not African American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:13pm
Lol jolie... take a guess.
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I know someone whose father is from Belize, mother from Honduras and she considers her self half Belizean/ half Honduran... both of her parents are black tho

but isnt she correct.  black people are everywhere.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:15pm
I guess people would rather be referred to by their heritage instead of their nationality.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:17pm

I know someone whose father is from Belize, mother from Honduras and she considers her self half Belizean/ half Honduran... both of her parents are black tho

Oh, sometimes it's just first-generation angst, not knowing how to define ourselves My dad is from Haiti, my mom from Guadeloupe and I born and raised in Canada. Yet my first reflex is to call myself Haitian. Can't logically explain why, but I don't usually identify as Canadian at all. I tend to say that I'm Haitian born in Canada, lol. When you think about it, I'm omitting Guadeloupe altogether and I don't directly refer to my Canadian nationality. But I know Im black and that I'm a descendant of slaves.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:19pm
I know for sure if i was in T&T for example, got mistaken for Trinidadian, and i had the opportunity to say Im not, i would....
so it doesnt matter if its US, Europe, etc...i dont want to be mistaken for what im not....
i dont think the Belizean was being extra or wanted to offend anyone.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:20pm

Lol jolie... take a guess.

Dominican republic?
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:22pm
@ sang and jolie
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I know for sure if i was in T&T for example, got mistaken for Trinidadian, and i had the opportunity to say Im not, i would....
so it doesnt matter if its US, Europe, etc...i dont want to be mistaken for what im not....
i dont think the Belizean was being extra or wanted to offend anyone.

when i was in europe this guy asked me where i was from and i said america and he so no your not american youre  from afrique.  i smiled and took it. hell i was proud.  no ones ever said that to me before.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:23pm
LMAO.....
DR should change its name to DR...delusional republic
smh
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

I disagree. South America is still America. His hair was nappier than mine and skin darker so why can't he be African American?  He is of African descent and living in America. And not to mention he was an Alpha. I have no problem with you pointing out you are from Belize but you had to raise your hand because it was that serious? I guess. I live in Kentucky but was not born here but I consider myself a Kentuckian because that is where I live at right now. If you have a convo with me and I need to be specific I will but other than that it really isn't worth correction.

He's Black. That doesnt make him AA. That would mean all blacks in the US are AA. Thats not the case.

And for some people, it is that serious. I would not want to be identified as AA if Im not.

Exactly. Technically even Jamaicans and other West Indians would be African American, but we all know the use of the term is used for Blacks residing in the US who are either descendants of slaves or second/third generation children of Black immigrants. And even in the case of second/third gen children, being referred to as an AA still might not be accurate.

The guy in your class never denied being black. He's acknowledging his lineage that is not bred from North America...

That's what I always understood the AA designation to be, meaning blacks of American nationality who have been there for generations. Wasn't that intended as the original meaning?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 26>
  Share Topic