Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karrine Steffans says she's not African American
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karrine Steffans says she's not African American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Her first tweet was not wrong.  it's been established that African people's were in the America's (among other places) before the slave trade.  Not all black people's here come from slaves.

what? There were no Blacks here. Natives, and I'm sure many dark-skinned (tainos,ciboney,  mayans, etc), but not peoples of African ancestry

Please learn your history. Have you ever heard of Pangea?

There is no need to be rude.
That was settled 2 pages ago. And I know my history, thanks.

Edited by Wildfire - Jan 04 2014 at 3:54pm
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:46pm
lol... ok.

yw
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

my question is ignored once again

interesting

Samone, when I lived in another country they spoke nothing of it. I finished off elementary school there and there was more than enough time to mention Harriet Tubman. Maybe it was my school/ neighborhood but they didn't even mention history. By 4th grade here, my teacher made sure we knew our history/world history. *MY experience*

I posted this response at least 30 mins ago smh

thanks for replying

I was speaking of other countries that were affected by the slave trade and had black slaves

how is that taught or what is taught in those countries

i replied Sam...couple pages backSmile...
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:50pm

The funniest thing happened in grad school. We had a guest speaker who was talking about demographics and made a statement about there being two African Americans in the classroom (myself and another guy) He raised his hand to correct the speaker and told him he is not African American, he is from Belize. Okay I get it but really you had to raise your hand? Ninja you been here since you were five. Then he kept asking why I wouldn't speak when I saw him. Raising your hand to correct somebody was going too far in the middle of class. The speaker gave him a blank stare and moved on just like the rest of the white people. Once you are here you are an African American. Go figure when I went to Belize they talked that "people from the states think they have a monopoly on being Americans" Make up your mind. 

lol.. 

He ain't want sh*t! to do with anything "African American".. that brother was offended
like "the nerve of this white man to use a politically correct over arching racial term on ME!!!"...
... White guy was probably like "uhhh ok whatever N****R"

lol

Edited by OoDles O - Jan 04 2014 at 3:52pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:51pm

I disagree. South America is still America. His hair was nappier than mine and skin darker so why can't he be African American?  He is of African descent and living in America. And not to mention he was an Alpha. I have no problem with you pointing out you are from Belize but you had to raise your hand because it was that serious? I guess. I live in Kentucky but was not born here but I consider myself a Kentuckian because that is where I live at right now. If you have a convo with me and I need to be specific I will but other than that it really isn't worth correction.

He's Black. That doesnt make him AA. That would mean all blacks in the US are AA. Thats not the case.

And for some people, it is that serious. I would not want to be identified as AA if Im not.

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

my question is ignored once again

interesting

Samone, when I lived in another country they spoke nothing of it. I finished off elementary school there and there was more than enough time to mention Harriet Tubman. Maybe it was my school/ neighborhood but they didn't even mention history. By 4th grade here, my teacher made sure we knew our history/world history. *MY experience*

I posted this response at least 30 mins ago smh

thanks for replying

I was speaking of other countries that were affected by the slave trade and had black slaves

how is that taught or what is taught in those countries

It depends on which specific country you're talking about. If you're thinking of say, Jamaica, Haiti, Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil and a slew of others, yes they are aware of the history of slavery and what not and are proud of their history of survival and of having created a new culture for themselves. However, if you think of the Dominican Republic, what they are taught does not mesh with reality. I'm sure that happens also to some extent with some latin American countries where blacks are confined to a specific region or not as numerous...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

The funniest thing happened in grad school. We had a guest speaker who was talking about demographics and made a statement about there being two African Americans in the classroom (myself and another guy) He raised his hand to correct the speaker and told him he is not African American, he is from Belize. Okay I get it but really you had to raise your hand? Ninja you been here since you were five. Then he kept asking why I wouldn't speak when I saw him. Raising your hand to correct somebody was going too far in the middle of class. The speaker gave him a blank stare and moved on just like the rest of the white people. Once you are here you are an African American. Go figure when I went to Belize they talked that "people from the states think they have a monopoly on being Americans" Make up your mind. 

lol.. 

He ain't want sh*t! to do with anything "African American".. that brother was offended
like "the nerve of this white man to use a politically correct over arching racial term on ME!!!"...

lol

LOL

i remember years back there was some riot or something going on with blacks in the U.K. and the reporter called them African Americans.  i holleredLOL

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I disagree. South America is still America. His hair was nappier than mine and skin darker so why can't he be African American?  He is of African descent and living in America. And not to mention he was an Alpha. I have no problem with you pointing out you are from Belize but you had to raise your hand because it was that serious? I guess. I live in Kentucky but was not born here but I consider myself a Kentuckian because that is where I live at right now. If you have a convo with me and I need to be specific I will but other than that it really isn't worth correction.

He's Black. That doesnt make him AA. That would mean all blacks in the US are AA. Thats not the case.

And for some people, it is that serious. I would not want to be identified as AA if Im not.

Most people identify with their country of origin first, though. Maybe he calls himself Belizean American? Which I can totally understand, as long as he doesn't deny being black, as that would be his race.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:00pm
Did she really just say being Carribean means no history of slavery though..? LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

lol.. 

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">lol</span>

LOL

i remember years back there was some riot or something going on with blacks in the U.K. and the reporter called them African Americans.  i holleredLOL

You know, I actually heard some reporter from the BBC describing blacks in Britain as African American. I was like wtf?
I've also an American reporter call Naomi Campbell African American, which was really bizarre as well
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 26>