Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karrine Steffans says she's not African American
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karrine Steffans says she's not African American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:21pm
Her first tweet was not wrong.  it's been established that African people's were in the America's (among other places) before the slave trade.  Not all black people's here come from slaves.  For whatever else she said..*shrugs*  If she sayin' she proud that someone in her lineage got raped...well....that's on her.
Sponsored Links

slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

I'm always hearing africans (born in africa but came here) saying… 'you're not african american… I'm african american.." 

i don't get why this is so confusing and why there are so many different opinions on it… 

It isn't confusing.  I really don't understand why people get angry about all of this.  Wherever you are born that is your nationality.  I really think people in America make things too difficult.  If I were to go to Germany, would I see African Germans, Italian Germans, Hispanic Germans?  No, they would be German.  I do think people get race, nationality, and ethnicity confused and want to put people in groups where they are not.

She is silly if she thinks she is from the Caribbean and has no slavery background.  But if she was born there, she isn't an African American.  That seems pretty obvious to me.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:30pm
To be honest I think immigrants are not sure what they should be called when they move to the states.
If i didn't know that black is black is black i might have the same confusion too.

For example, some in America want to be called black only. While some don't mind AA. As if it made a difference to your heritage. while some argue that they are the only ones not being called just American, ex. Italian American, Irish American etc. so why be called AFRICAN American??

Then we have some Caribbean ppl who think they are from the Caribbean only. I noticed this with lots of Jamaicans (no shade to my JA massive) My Jamaican friend told me she doesn't like Africans and they annoy her and I said, at least you know you can be annoying..wit yo Afro-Jamaican ass.

Now me, I grew up knowing that Afro=black, And Caribbean/America=slavery.
So I never had this issue.

So when migration happens, sh*t can get a lil confused because there is ignorance on both sides.

Edited by Derri - Jan 04 2014 at 2:34pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:31pm

hmmm...

question, how are Indians referred to in the US? (not natives)
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Her first tweet was not wrong.  it's been established that African people's were in the America's (among other places) before the slave trade.  Not all black people's here come from slaves.

what? There were no Blacks here. Natives, and I'm sure many dark-skinned (tainos,ciboney,  mayans, etc), but not peoples of African ancestry

Edited by Wildfire - Jan 04 2014 at 2:36pm
jdoriginal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jdoriginal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:33pm
If she was born in the Caribbean, then there is nothing wrong with her saying she is not AA. HOWEVER,

1. most blacks in the Caribbean do come from slave lineage
2.  AA, Caribbean, Brazilian whatever, as long as you have ancestors of african descent, you  are BLACK

Well....that's how I see it as an islander. 

PS. We doh want her neither!
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:34pm
She is stupid
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Her first tweet was not wrong.  it's been established that African people's were in the America's (among other places) before the slave trade.  Not all black people's here come from slaves.

what? There were no Blacks here. Natives, and I'm sure many dark-skinned (tainos,ciboney,  mayans, etc), but not peoples of African ancestry

that reminds of this really good doc i saw:

x

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:42pm
^^*saves link*
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:44pm
Since the entire planet was once one large landmass, Africans were likely on EVERY continent that was a part of that original landmass.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 26>
  Share Topic