Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Karrine Steffans says she's not African American
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Karrine Steffans says she's not African American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

yeah...it can get confusing...and i guess i can see each persons' point of view, based on how attached they are to their country of origin, etc...
i kind of feel some type of way about generations of Blacks who were born in the US, being called African American or Black American...i mean, why cant you just be American? --why do i get the feeling that whites see American=white?

@the red, they do. But then there's the argument that only Native Americans are true americans...

I guess the same would hold true for the Tainos here....but whitey done murdered all of them off. F*ckers

...IA with the  poster who said the same goes for the entire western hemisphere

Edited by Wildfire - Jan 04 2014 at 12:58pm
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by GG GG wrote:

I don’t have slavery in my family so and a lot of islanders don’t

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I don't want to be called American in America. I'm proud of my history from the initial kidnapping to this day. I don't share the same history as white Americans.

The thing is, you do. You just dont share the same experiences.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:02pm

my question is ignored once again

interesting
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

what a cutie!

*goes to read the rest of the thread*

Edited by Tbaby - Jan 04 2014 at 1:22pm
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:07pm
She is not AA.....still black tho
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I don't want to be called American in America. I'm proud of my history from the initial kidnapping to this day. I don't share the same history as white Americans.

The thing is, you do. You just dont share the same experiences.

Not really. . Until I went to college, I never ate with them, talked to them, lived in the same community as them. It has been that way for generations. We were not walking the same walk with a different perspective. They made our lives a living hell, but they do the same all over the world to this day.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

my question is ignored once again

interesting

Samone, when I lived in another country they spoke nothing of it. I finished off elementary school there and there was more than enough time to mention Harriet Tubman. Maybe it was my school/ neighborhood but they didn't even mention history. By 4th grade here, my teacher made sure we knew our history/world history. *MY experience*

I posted this response at least 30 mins ago smh
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:11pm
WF do u mean experiences such as major events occurring in the US? such as 9/11?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 1:14pm
whats your question SL? 

we probably can't answer it.. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair