Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kanye's Krazy Antics and Other Stuff Thread.....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kanye's Krazy Antics and Other Stuff Thread.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:43am
Sponsored Links

Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:48am
Charlamagne Tha God Talks To VIBE About Kanye Interview

http://www.vibe.com/photo-gallery/god-yeezus-charlamagne-talks-challenging-kanye-breakfast-club?utm_source=sc-tw&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=KWest

Really good interview, I 100% agree with Charlemagne 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

Charlamagne Tha God Talks To VIBE About Kanye Interview

http://www.vibe.com/photo-gallery/god-yeezus-charlamagne-talks-challenging-kanye-breakfast-club?utm_source=sc-tw&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=KWest

Really good interview, I 100% agree with Charlemagne 

For the lazy folk.

Charlamagne: Yooo

VIBE: What up sir?
Bonsu!

Again, great work yesterday. You were definitely prepared, but loved the way you kept your pivot.
Thank you, man. You know what’s funny? Everybody kept saying ‘You were prepared,’ but I’m a fan of the culture. We all sit back and hear Kanye’s rants and interviews and wonder what happened to our guy.

When did you first hear that you were going to interview Kanye?
Friday [the station] hit me and said Kanye would be coming to the station [on Monday] at 10am. My reply back was ‘Yeah, right. I’ll believe it when I see it.’ That was literally my reply back, and I didn’t think nothing else of it. On Sunday, we got a call from Def Jam like ‘Kanye’s not going to do the interview unless you go see his show.’ I was like ‘I’m going to watch my Cowboys play the Giants.’ [Laughs] I would love to interview him, but I’m not beat. Angela Yee ended up going to the show and he ended up coming.

To be honest, what Angela said about the show making you appreciate the Yeezus album a little more is true. So were the Cowboys the only reason you were against seeing the show?
I’m not on the Yeezus tip right now. He put out an album that didn’t shift the culture at all. He talks about it being a conversation piece and polarizing, but everything that comes out, whether it’s a TV show or book, is polarizing. So for that to be the selling point of his album is not good. That’s regular. Saw the “Glow In The Dark Tour”––amazing. Saw the “Watch The Throne Tour”––amazing. Just wasn’t into Yeezus. Rather go see my Cowboys.

Kanye walks in for his interview. What’s his energy like?
First thing the label people asked was, ‘Charlamagne, you going to be nice today? ‘Absolutely not,’ was my response. Nice to them is me throwing softball questions and stroking his ego. That’s not what I do. I’m either a fan or a disgruntled fan. With ‘Ye I was a disgruntled fan. All year this guy has turned me off. I’m looking at him like ‘Who is this guy?’ What is your agenda? If you’re upset because they won’t allow you into the fashion world, that’s a Kanye West plight. That’s not a black people plight. How does you not getting into the fashion world effect us as a community?

It is his plight, but it seems as if he’s trying to motivate the same way he did on College Dropout, where he spoke on folks wanting to him to only produce and not rap. Now he’s a superstar rapper but still an artist who still wants to create and be more. As on Dropout, he’s saying don’t let them tell you what you can’t be. He feels they’re putting him in a box, so…
He put himself in a box! You said he’s telling us not to let anybody tell us what we can’t be, but he’s allowing them to tell him what he can’t be. Kanye West is one of the most powerful people in music. He’s a multi-millionaire, has tons of resources. Why can’t he do what Jay-Z did? Why can’t he do what Diddy did? If you don’t want to have an urban brand, don’t make an urban brand!

He’s saying to design at a Raf Simons or Versace level, he needs the best and to pay for the best he needs money and access. According to him, the gatekeepers aren’t giving him the access, thus no power.
Tommy Hillfiger isn’t even on a Versace level. I just read Mark Ecko’s book, where he says Tommy Hillfiger told him he’d never be a Ralph Lauren and Mark Ecko told him, ‘But you’re not even a Ralph.’ It’s like, who cares? You’ve got to build your chessboard. You can’t compare your level of success to other people’s level of success. I just don’t think he has a plan. When somebody asks what do you want to be in 10 years and you say Walt Disney, Steve Jobs and Michael Angelo, you don’t know what you want to do. You can’t talk to the universe like that. You have to be specific with the universe. 10 years ago he said he wanted to be the greatest rapper, an icon. He was specific about it and became that. But guess what? He wants to be Steve Jobs, Walt Disney and Michael Angelo; my brother, you ain’t even conquer the world of hip-hop yet. Let’s be clear! Kanye ain’t Jay-Z. Kanye hasn’t accomplished what Diddy has accomplished, what Baby has accomplished. He’s on his way, but he’s 36. Those guys are in their forties. It didn’t happen overnight for Jay. Jay put himself in position for these things to happen. That’s what Kanye has to keep doing, but now he’s putting himself out of position. What corporation is going to put you in position when you’re barking at them?

Why do you feel Kanye isn’t Jay-Z right now?
Hmm. Why is he not Jay-Z? That’s a good question. My personal opinion is it’s his attitude. Not only is Jay the best rapper on the planet, Jay’s a nice guy. Not only is Jay a nice guy, he tells you exactly where he is in his life on every album. Kanye has yet to tell any stories? Do we really know how he feels about his mother’s passing? Do we really know how he feels about North West? The difference is Jay-Z show and proves with actions and deeds and Kanye show and proves with words and lip service.

You’re tough. Getting back to the interview, Kanye walks in and…
He gives me a pound. That was the last time he looked me in the eye until the interview was over.

Ha! I saw that. Wasn’t that planned?
After the interview, I said we should stare at each other. He’s like ‘Yeah, like me and 50 Cent [on the Rolling Stone cover] Then he says, ‘You know the whole time my plan was not to look at you.’ There’s a picture I posted on Instagram of us laughing. That’s what we’re laughing at.

Do you feel ‘Ye’s obsession is only money or the evening out of wealth and its power?
Bonsu, check this out: Black people were oppressed for 400 years. We’re not going to catch up to people who are 200 years ahead of us. We need to realize that here in America we’re first and second generation millionaires. 15-20 years from now, there’s going to be more generational wealth amongst African-Americans. We just got our first black president; we’re just beginning to own NBA teams. We’re just starting to put ourselves in position, but like I said, you can’t compare your success to others.

OK, but you can’t deny that blacks, at every level, are still being treated, somewhat, as slaves. For a designer to tell a black rapper that he can’t attend anyone else’s show––when he wouldn’t demand the same of any equal in fashion––or Puma to say we’re trying to find a way to control you screams white entitlement and plantation psychology.
I don’t think it has anything to do with racism. I’ve been doing radio for 16 years. I’ve had program directors say ‘We need to control you,’ or ‘We need to make sure you’re not out of control.’ That’s not a black thing. That is Charlamagne has a reputation of slandering these artists or barking on the police. They have to protect their license. They don’t want to be fined by the FCC. So if Kanye goes on stage and curses out all these corporations, he’s messing up business. If we’re in business together, you’re not going on stage to mess up my business.

You don’t see any plausibility in what Kanye feels is trailblazing or even activism?
Only because he’ll be like we need more black ownership then say ‘cause Louis Vuitton wouldn’t take a meeting with me, don’t go to Louis Vuitton in Atlanta. Meanwhile people are protesting over Stop & Frisk, Trayvon’s family is still out here fighting for justice, but you want to use your voice to tell people not to go to Louis Vuitton because they wouldn’t take a meeting with you? How self-serving is that? Not, ‘Don’t go to Barneys because they’re racial-profiling.’

Can’t argue there.
Kanye’s going around telling people he can’t do this or that because they won’t let him. That’s not the Kanye we’ve known over the past 10 years. The Kanye we knew would do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. He was on Sway’s show saying he lost $13 million of his money to start a clothing line. He should’ve learned from the white man and, instead of using his money, got investors. He’s just confusing. Like when he says he doesn’t listen to old people. Who don’t listen to old people? The know-it-all knows nothing. Kanye is not some great intellectual. He’s a smart dude who is lost because of the industry.

Did you hear about him calling out Google head Eric Smidt to sponsor DONDA at Saturday’s show?
He’s begging! That’s wack! All I ask is that Kanye stop acting like what he’s going through is a plight for all black people. One does not have anything to do with the other. Truth of the matter is even if one of these corporations backs you, you’re still not going to be an owner. You’re still going to be working for Adidas and Universal Def Jam or AEG or Live Nation when you go on tour. So stop with the BS. Kim doesn’t own !E. And to denounce real revolutionaries like Barack Obama, real people who are going to be in the history books in the future is wack. Money does not evoke change. Martin didn’t have money. Malcolm didn’t have money. Elijah Muhammad didn’t have money. They still created movements.

Martin and Malcolm still produced niche change. Martin essentially benefited off of America’s marketing because he had the non-threatening message. I honestly feel Kanye is trying to reach more people, more racial ground than Malcolm and Martin. That’s why he’s so fixated on raising capital to fund this never-before-won war.
This is crazy that we’re even using Kanye’s name in the same sentence with these guys. They were really…

You’re right. It is borderline blasphemy. I’m saying while I agree ‘Ye’s agenda is a bit self-serving…he used the word “marginalized” a lot over the past two days and what it seems like is because he’s not risking his life the Che Guevera way, you’re marginalizing him as a revolutionary.
But Bonsu, what’s the revolution?

The revolution is equality. True revolutionaries don’t fight for causes with deadlines in mind. It’s about the progress because the revolution normally outlives the revolutionary. His fight is to even the playing field.
The playing field is never going to be even because they have us by 200 years.

But imagine if Malcolm or Martin would’ve thought like that. There would be no Barack 40 years later!
No, I’m with you on that. But Kanye’s not leveling the playing field. Oprah is with OWN. Diddy is with Revolt. Michael Jordan is by owning the Hornets. Magic Johnson is by owning the Dodgers. Jay owns Roc Nation. Kanye doesn’t even know what he wants to own. He keeps talking about slaves, but he keeps begging to be accepted by his master. He’s begging for white privilege to accept him and embrace him. So if they do accept him, the fight’s over. ‘Time to go home. I’m in so we’re good.’

He’s definitely not saying he wants to be accepted by white privilege to forget about blacks.
Man he told y’all ‘I only care about God and my family. I care about North West being able to eat.’ Not once did he say he wanted to create any jobs for black people. Not in one interview will you find him saying that.

So you don’t remember his DONDA rant on Twitter?
What he say?

He was talking about building a creative empire to serve as an incubator for visionaries like himself. He said plainly that he wants to create jobs. He also said he was the next Steve Jobs [Laughs]
Well guess what? Visionaries are creating their own jobs. You don’t see Tyler The Creator complaining. You don’t see Mac Miller complaining. They’re making their own TV shows and movies and putting them online. They’re not waiting for any billionaire backing. I don’t know what Kanye is waiting for.

So after the interview, he seemed a bit warmer. What was the off-air conversation like?
Well on-air I said he didn’t have any real dudes in his circle so he walked outside to the dudes he had waiting for him and he said ‘What’s up my non-real Brothas.’

Ha! Was Don out there?
Nah, I didn’t know who these dudes were. I was trying to get their names so I could put them on blast this morning. I mean, nobody real gonna let you jump out there like he does. He says the most outlandish stuff. He said Kim Kardashian is more influential than Michele Obama. Like what are you on?

Do you realize you got Sway spazzed on?
Now that’s super corny. How you scream on Sway? Sway’s like the nicest guy in the world. Sway didn’t say anything to him that me or anybody else hasn’t said to him: empower yourself. But that struck a nerve cause he lost $13 million.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Nov 28 2013 at 3:58am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 4:05am
"He keeps talking about slaves but keeps begging to be accepted by the master"

*boom*
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 4:06am
So after the interview, he seemed a bit warmer. What was the off-air conversation like?

Well on-air I said he didn’t have any real dudes in his circle so he walked outside to the dudes he had waiting for him and he said ‘What’s up my non-real Brothas.’
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 4:46am
Thanks Random
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 4:58am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

"He keeps talking about slaves but keeps begging to be accepted by the master"

*boom*

Gurl....
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 5:58am
nice drop.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 6:04am
Charlamagne is one of the few real nigguhs out there ..

I liked the bun b interview .
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 6:10am
Did you hear about him calling out Google head Eric Smidt to sponsor DONDA at Saturday’s show?

He’s begging! That’s wack! All I ask is that Kanye stop acting like what he’s going through is a plight for all black people. One does not have anything to do with the other. Truth of the matter is even if one of these corporations backs you, you’re still not going to be an owner. You’re still going to be working for Adidas and Universal Def Jam or AEG or Live Nation when you go on tour. So stop with the BS. Kim doesn’t own !E. And to denounce real revolutionaries like Barack Obama, real people who are going to be in the history books in the future is wack. Money does not evoke change. Martin didn’t have money. Malcolm didn’t have money. Elijah Muhammad didn’t have money. They still created movements.

ALL OF THIS!!!!ClapClap

Edited by Missvw - Nov 28 2013 at 6:11am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair