Angkor Cambodian Hair

Kanye West: #1 Rock Star on Planet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kanye West: #1 Rock Star on Planet
    Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 9:21pm

Kanye West Calls Himself "the No. 1 Rock Star on the Planet" in Outrageous BBC Interview

< ="done-btn" -rapid_p="7">Done
Us Weekly
2 hours ago
Kanye West Calls Himself the No. 1 Rock Star on the Planet in Outrageous BBC Interview

View gallery

Kanye West Calls Himself "the No. 1 Rock Star on the Planet" in Outrageous BBC Interview

Kanye West is a lot of things, but insecure is not one of them. Sitting down with BBC Radio 1 personality Zane Lowe for an hourlong interview airing Monday, Sept. 23, the rapper, 36, called himself "the No. 1 rock star on the planet" and said he's here push the boundaries of everything we think we know about art, music, fashion, and culture.

In fact, the hip hop star and new dad (to daughter North, 3 months, with Kim Kardashian) considers himself to be something of a revolutionary. Though he conceded that "there would be no Kanye West if it wasn't for Michael Jackson," he also said he'd reached a point that even the King of Pop hadn't seen in his lifetime.

"I've got to a point that Michael Jackson did not break down. I have reached the glass ceiling, as a creative person, as a celebrity...and I've been at it for 10 years," he told Lowe. "I look around and I say, 'Wait a minute. There's no one around here in that looks like me. And if they are, they're quiet as f--k.' So that means, wait a second -- now we're seriously like, in a civil rights movement."

West went on to say that he's had a hard time getting people to see his potential. "I shouldn't be limited to only one place of creativity," he lamented. "You guys don't understand -- I did the Air Yeezys and they eBay'd for $90,000...but I didn't get a call from Nike the next day."

In that way, he envies the empire his pal Jay Z has built. "Jay Z is more realized than me. More of his dreams and aspirations have come true," West said. "You don't realize -- I am so frustrated. Like, I've got so much I want to give...And I've got a million people telling me why I can't do it."

The aspiring fashion designer thinks he can do it -- and he's determined to prove it. "I'm not trying to regurgitate myself," he said. "I showed people that I understand how to make perfect. You know, [My Twisted] Dark Fantasy could be considered to be perfect. I know how to make perfect, but that's not what I'm here to do. I'm here to crack the pavement and make new grounds sonically...and culturally."

He added: "We culture. Rap is the new rock 'n' roll. We the rock stars...We the new rock stars and I'm the biggest of all of them. I'm the No. 1 rock star on the planet."

The "Black Skinhead" rapper also talked a little about Kardashian and their daughter. Asked whether he gets any time for himself, West said, "Yeah, it's like family time. That's what Kim gave me. She gave me everything, she gave me family, she gave me a support system. She was in a powerful enough situation where she could love me without asking me for money, which is really hard for me to find."

This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kanye West Calls Himself "the No. 1 Rock Star on the Planet" in Outrageous BBC Interview

Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 9:23pm
Okay Kanye......time to go change a pamper or sumthing......
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 9:25pm
I didn't read.  He has issues, we know this.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 9:27pm
This fool......
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 9:27pm
i wonder what its like for kim to be with someone so arrogant and cocky.. when she herself is hella conceited too. 
its probably not easy 
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 9:42pm
Yea okay, no your not..his music starting to suck anyway, He will continue be the 1# Mad Angry Black Man, look at him, he doesn't even know how to smile...
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 10:06pm
I posted the trailer for the interview in the LOL thread
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 10:12pm
Kanye has so much potential but he doesn't know how to shut his mouth and let his work speak for him.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 10:15pm
He thinks hes done more for music than MJ? Really?
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 10:33pm
he really thinks he's reached a level that MJ has never reached???? Someone is feeding his ego too much.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic