Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - K Michelle on Elle Varner Stealing her Identity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

K Michelle on Elle Varner Stealing her Identity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Bootiful Cream

Author
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K Michelle on Elle Varner Stealing her Identity
    Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:13am
There is a video of K Michelle talking about it under the link
necolebitchie.com/2014/08/k-michelle-says-shes-hurt-by-elle-varner-stealing-her-identity-flirting-with-meek/

K. Michelle Says She’s Hurt By Elle Varner Stealing Her Identity & Flirting With Meek

If you are wondering whatever happened between K. Michelle and Elle Varner, K.’s finally speaking out.

Last month, fans of the two singers were left dumbfounded when K. posted an Instagram message throwing shots at Elle Varner for hugging up on rapper Meek Mill in a photo. She basically said Elle was thirsty and in need of a “refill.” Earlier in the year, she also posted an Instagram message about watching who you allow to get close to you in the industry because they will start dressing like you and “yodeling” like you on hooks, which was another jab at Elle.

The beef allegedly began over the record “Cold Case,” which K. Michelle said she wrote, and Elle Varner denies.

In an interview with Hot 97 yesterday, while promoting her new VH1 musical, K. Michelle dished the real deal on the falling out and confirmed that it was all over her feeling as though Elle Varner swagger jacked her.   Although she says the beef was not over Meek Mill, she did reveal in the interview that she had a crush on him and Elle knew that.

On the origins of her beef with Elle
I had a record. It was my favorite record. It was “Ride Out” on my album and I wasn’t allowed to put out that record because management said the record was already too big. I’m supposed to be the little black girl singing about heartbreak and down and out and f–k n—as. I’m not supposed to grow and be me because they place you in a lane and want you to stay in that lane and I refused. So I had this record and it was too big. Too big of a record.

I played that record for my friend [Elle] at that time. The next thing I knew she threw off her shoes and said, ‘Oh my God, this is a great record.’ So, when she went through her breakup with Iman [Shumpert], she was searching for an identity. She wanted to be more sexy. She started wearing wigs. She started hanging around me and she started to curse and say, ‘I’m the real bad girl.’ Okay, b—h you can have that. I’m trying to get out of being the bad girl. You see how much fun it is getting talked about every day. Right now they think you sell Girl Scout cookies every day so fine.

But she played me a record. She said, ‘You like the record?’ I said, ‘That’s my record. Ain’t nobody yodeling on the hooks but me.’ Then you went to the same producers. I came to [her] like a woman. I said, ‘This is my record. You can’t put that out. That sounds like me.’ [She copied my style.] But I said it to you as a friend in a proper manner. I said it to management in a proper manner.

On being offended and her issue with management (both were managed by MBK Entertainment):
I was [very offended.] She started with the blonde wigs and we’d go to the club doing all this [dancing] like what are you doing? You’re off beat and it don’t work. After all that I go to my management and I just kind of express the concern. They promised me it would be handled, but she’s the princess of that management because I’m the bad guy. I take the bad guy all the time but I’m the only one making money over there paying for the lights and stuff. [They] tell me, ‘Oh, we don’t like that record. That record ain’t gon’ come out.’ The next thing I hear, she’s singing it.

So when I look up and you have her sing this record and you’re supposed to be protecting the both of us. It was always favorites. No one thought me coming from reality TV that it was going to go that far. So when I’m the only one booking shows every week and paying 20 percent commission and you can say, ‘Elle Varner the queen of MBK.’ Hm. I’mma move back.

On why she threw shade after Elle posted a photo with Meek Mill
I’ve never slept with Meek in my life. Me and Meek are friends. We flirt and poke, know what I’m saying? We don’t poke.

I did have a crush on Meek. We do that. You know that as my friend, me and Meek do this. You get on Twitter and say, ‘Yeah Meek tried to talk to me and I swerved him.’ Okay, why would you do that to your friend? But I’m the crazy one. I’m the mean one. I let it slide.[...]She wanted attention because we don’t give a f–k about that India.Arie a– music. No offense against India.Arie because I love her. We like India because she’s India. [Elle's] not India. Go sit down trying to be K. Michelle and India with the guitar. It just don’t work.

So when you grinning taking pictures with Meek and he posted under the comments that he’s posting this picture to her know how real the swerve was. He’s still f–king with you, you know what I’m saying? It was just too much for the attention that she wants. I get it. I understand it. I’m not gonna lie. She can sing. I’ll never take her gift from her but I was very, very quiet in that situation.

Once she took my song and because we got into about the song you’re doing this and posting pictures with Meek with hearts and s–t to try and just do something. But y’all don’t get on her for that.

On being hurt by it all:

By my friend, yeah. I am hurt because that was my friend. I am very, very hurt by that. That I tried to be there for you through your breakup and you turned into mini-K. Michelle. That really hurt me, and when I talked to you about it woman to woman, you continued to twerk on tables like me and do…

I’m gonna get off of it. The label said, ‘Let’s talk about the music.’
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:33am
K Michelle really needs to stop focusing on ngas so much, it's like damn aren't you too busy for this? But anyway team K Michelle. You may look crazy to others but you KNOW when someone you're hanging out with is becoming you. As far as the song, I guess that's part of the shadiness of the business. I need to hear Elle Varner's song.
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:48am
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:49am
you know if what she's saying is real I do really feel where she's coming from.
for 1 frenemies looooove talking about how they curved a dude that you like/played you.
I can see why she would feel justifiably slighted by everything she said here.

but is it all true? who knows
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:55am
K. Michelle is certified coo coo! 
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:59am
GIRL BYE
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:01am
i love elle...idc idc idc idc
if its all that K, then drop her ass, simple.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

GIRL BYE

Yes yes and yes. 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:03am
curved means got turned down…?

i cant paste the tweets but meeky said he dont remember that.

callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:12am
As far as dress and musical sound, I don't see any similarities between the two. Maybe i'm missing something

but Yeah the meek mill thing would have activated my side eye too
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>