FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Justice for Ava Lynn...graphic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justice for Ava Lynn...graphic
    Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:15am
Repost?

#JusticeForAvaLynn Photo Of Mississippi Girl Badly Bruised After ‘Playing On The Playground’ Goes Viral

Comments97 Comments

playground did THAT???? Yeah, right…

Photo Of Mississippi Elementary Student Ava Lynn Goes Viral

A photo of an elementary school student who looks like she was severely beaten has gone viral. The mother of little Ava Lynn of Pascagoula, Mississippi is calling for justice after her child came home from school badly bruised.

School authorities allege that she was hurt while “playing on the playground” and are adamant that no other students were involved, but many (rightfully) doubt that claim.

GulfLive reports:

An Arlington Elementary student was injured on the school’s playground on Tuesday and her mother filed a police report on Thursday, according to Pascagoula Police Department Lt. Jim Roe.

“The mother alleges another child kicked her child on the slide,” Roe said. “Right now, there’s no indication something criminal took place. I have spoken with school security and an assistant superintendent is investigating the matter.”

Roe identified the mother as Lacey Harris and the student has been identified on social media sites as AvaLynn. There is a Justice For AvaLynn Facebook page created as well as a gofundme.com account that is raising money to help pay for her medical bills. It indicates about $1,000 has been raised in one day.

The Pascagoula School District issued the following statement about the incident:

“A student was injured while playing on the playground at Arlington Elementary School Tuesday afternoon. School officials responded to the situation.  The parent was contacted and the student received medical treatment. No other children were involved in the incident. The Pascagoula School District remains committed to the safety of all its students.”

The gofundme.com page indicates AvaLynn was “was badly injured in an incident at her elementary school.”

The Justice for AvaLynn Facebook page says she was “attacked by another student on the school playground. We are fighting for answers and for greater supervision at school.”

Roe said there is not an active investigation into the matter by the Pascagoula Police Department.

SMH…this is how Ava Lynn looked before her “playground” injury.

Poor baby! Here’s to hoping her mother finds out what really happened at that school… - See more at: 

- See more at: http://bossip.com/1024385/justiceforavalynn-photo-of-mississippi-girl-badly-bruised-after-playing-on-the-playground-goes-viral/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bossiprss+%28Bossip.com%29#sthash.twI82nOw.dpuf
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:21am
She's adorable. I hope they find out what happened. It's hard to imagine picking ur kid up from school like that with no answers. I bet an adult did it
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:23am
Post by Justice for AvaLynn.

On the girl’s official “Justice for Ava Lynn” page, it says that she “was attacked by another student on the school playground. We are fighting for answers and for greater supervision at school.”

GulfLife.com reported the girl was injured at Arlington Elementary School in Mississippi, and the Pascagoula School District issued a statement about the matter.

“A student was injured while playing on the playground at Arlington Elementary School Tuesday afternoon. School officials responded to the situation. The parent was contacted and the student received medical treatment. No other children were involved in the incident. The Pascagoula School District remains committed to the safety of all its students,” the statement reads.

On Twitter and Facebook, a number of users were retweeting several photos of the girl. The hashtags #Justice4AvaLynn and #JusticeForAvaLynn were trending on Friday.

Pascagoula Police Department Lt. Jim Roe told the website: “The mother alleges another child kicked her child on the slide. Right now, there’s no indication something criminal took place. I have spoken with school security and an assistant superintendent is investigating the matter.”

Edited by femmefatale85 - Aug 31 2014 at 11:25am
HaitianLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:39am
that is not just a kick. Poor girl looks like she was purposely beat up. One kick she would have a few bruises, but beat to a pulp like that? Was nobody supervising these kids?
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:45am
Jesus! I held my breath looking at what was done to her face. Those school officials were seriously trying to push the "she fell on the playground all by her lonesome" malarkey?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

that is not just a kick. Poor girl looks like she was purposely beat up. One kick she would have a few bruises, but beat to a pulp like that? Was nobody supervising these kids?

That is a severe beat down. She could have had brain injury at her age.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:51am
children are capable of this type of assault ? did she said what happen ? is her dad black ?
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:54am
Omg, I hope they find who did this. I'm so afraid to send my own baby somewhere and have something like this happen.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:54am
My sister was beaten up like that at school when she was very young. That's why we left the States. Kids can be cruel.

There is probably a racial element in this case.

The kid is the portrait of her mom, biracial version.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 31 2014 at 11:57am
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 12:05pm
I had a cousin take a bad fall about 8 months ago (in the street, not off any elevated structures) He had bruises all over his face && body and was on life support for three weeks. To this day he is still in the hospital with a brain injury. We (doctors and family) seriously thought someone had beaten him until the police showed us the surveillance video from the fall...no one had touched him.

That baby MAY have been kicked in the face && then fell off the slide and got those injuries, or maybe she fell off the slide alone and hit a piece of metal on the way down. The school should be held accountable either way, but she may not have been beaten. I hope the police get involved and get some solid answers, and mama sues the school!

Edited by danieb23 - Aug 31 2014 at 12:08pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic