Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Praise God

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 11:12pm

Real worship involves:

1.Gratefulness for what God has done for us.
2.Reverence and respect for the Lord. The purpose of our worship is to please God.
3.Confidence and trust in the power of God.
4.Compliance to the Lord
5.Consistency
A daily walk with the
Lord. It is an everyday affair, not just something
that is done on Sunday.

6.Completeness
the whole being of a person including his mind, emotions, and will.
(“This people draws near to me with their mout
hs and honor me with
their lips, but their hearts are far from me.”)

7.Cleanness and a clear conscience
our prayer should be, “Lord, keep me clean and

Edited by sexyandfamous - Aug 12 2014 at 11:13pm
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 11:58am
Let's Just Praise the Lord
Written by Pastor Leon   

Let’s Just Praise the Lord

Scripture:
  Psalm 34:1-3 “I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul shall make its boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. 3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.”

I. Paul and Silas knew the secret of prayer and praise.
 Acts 16:22-30 “Then the multitude rose up together against them; and the magistrates tore off their clothes and commanded them to be beaten with rods. 23And when they had laid many stripes on them, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to keep them securely. 24Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks. 25But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed. 27And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. 28But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.” 29Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
 A. They had done nothing wrong. Only delivered a demon possessed girl.
 B. At the dark hour of midnight when all seemed hopeless and lost.
 C. They used a two-fold weapon: prayer and praise.
 D. Their praise became a testimony.
 E. Their praise produced a shaking in the natural circumstances.

II. We are called to praise and worship.
 I Peter 2:5;9 “you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
 9But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;”
 A. We’re called regardless of the circumstances in our lives.
 B. Things may not be the way we need them to be but we are the children of light.

III. It’s time to make an exchange.
  Isaiah 61:1-3  “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, 3 To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”
  A. Trade captivity for liberty.
  B. Trade your ashes for beauty.
  C. Trade your mourning for the oil of joy.
  D. Trade the spirit of heaviness for the garment of praise.

IV.  Praise ushers in His presence.
   Psalm 22:3 “But You are holy, Enthroned in the praises of Israel.”
  A. As we praise Him, He sets His throne in the midst of His people.
  B. From His throne He makes declarations, issues decrees and proclamations.
  C. Bring your situation before His throne that He might make His judgment on your behalf.

V.  Let’s just praise the Lord.
  Psalm 150 “Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament! 2 Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness! 3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp! 4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! 5 Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals! 6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!”

http://www.bethesdabible.com/downloads/sermons/86-lets-just-praise-the-lord

Edited by sexyandfamous - Aug 17 2014 at 12:04pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair