Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Like Me (sort of)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Like Me (sort of)
    Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:13am

okay not a 100% clone, but how often do you run across women and/or men that are very similar to you

I am talking multiple areas in which you may be alike

this includes

political views
morals
thoughts on family
relationship styles
humor
how you dress

etc....

this is not a comprehensive list, but I know since I only listed a few things many may focus on those alone, but there are many other areas where you and another are synced

do you feel like you connect with a lot or a good number of people on multiple levels regularly or do you feel like you rarely come across people that are similar to you?

Edited by SamoneLenior - Apr 17 2014 at 12:41pm
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:17am
a guy I was talking to

birthdays a week apart, both like scandal lol, slick ass mouths, people think were being rude when we just telling a joke, rude glasses, same height , shower with the door open and lights off lol.. it was freakin me out

I rarely meet people with so many similarities. I think im normal but people ask why I do this and that all the time. simple things like how I eat

Edited by Ming - Apr 17 2014 at 11:20am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:21am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

and my answer would be no, but i know they exist outside my proximity and don't fancy myself adjacent to being mythical. 
 LOL

but not very often. outside of my friendtor, many of the people i feel i align more with don't live in my city. ex: my bff and i are in different states/regions of the country. 
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:23am

not ever where I live.

People here are boring/traditional, generally unfriendly, and uninspiring.

I miss Cali.

I do know one guy here that is very very similar to me...we have this unspoken understanding.... no women though.

Edited by ModelessDiva - Apr 17 2014 at 11:25am
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:25am
I literally only have two people in my life like this.  My husband and my bestie.  I'm Christian but pretty liberal so I think that alone makes it difficult.  There is only one other Black RN on my floor and we really don't have much in common.  

political views - hubs and moms
morals - hubs, parents, siblings and bestie
thoughts on family - hubs, fam, bestie

relationship styles - no one Cry I often feel like I have to hold back on my happiness because it comes off as bragging.  
humor - Many people I come across actually.  Laughter is the basis of probably most of my acquaintance relationships 
how you dress - I guess a lot of women my age but I do tend to "overdress" probably but I live in a pretty hippie town

etc.... - I will add
education - hubs and two girl friends

financial fitness/ spending habits - this is one of the hardest things for me.  I'm serious about becoming debt free and it's really hard for me to find friends who live on cash on hand.  Technically we could do a lot more but it would be on credit and the only thing we use credit for is family emergencies that require immediate travel.

health consciousness - I have completely given up on this.  I buy mostly organic and avoid red meat.  I have good reason; my family health history would make me a ticking bomb if I lived devoid of health consciousness.  I have not one friend who is the same way.  I meet women trying to lose weight everywhere but as far as preventive health naw.

Good topic.  I often feel like a loner in my beliefs/values.  I wonder how many other people feel the same.

Edited by ThatGurlD - Apr 17 2014 at 11:26am
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:25am
no.

probably just humor. 
the way i dress is normal...
so i guess thats a yes.

Edited by Lady ICE - Apr 17 2014 at 11:31am
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:38am
Never.
It's hard to top how weirdly convoluted my personality is.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Never.

lol

this applies to me

well maybe I have met like 2 people that are similar to me in the past 31 years
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:41am
5 star thread btw

Im not super liberal but I find myself a little more liberal than most Christians these days..

I do think location can play a big factor in this, when I was in California I met tons of similar people with shared qualities/same mentality because most people out there have a different approach and view of life than here in these old, boring conservative states.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Never.

I can agree with this too
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair