Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just in from Bella Donna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 11:08am

sounds like what happened to me

the company (not this one) didn't even place the order for my closure but had me waiting for the hair for one month and only sent half my order
Sponsored Links

TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:10pm

In my case, I never pay retail for hair because I always order wholesale and in bulk - keep some and sell the rest.  When I realized there was nothing special about this hair except a cowash and a denman (easily dupeable), I decided to save my hard-earned coins.  At first, I was still going to have it shipped, then check out the curl size/texture and either return or put up for sale in M2M. 

The owner (who I have a feeling is a member) was very responsive in the sales process, however after receiving my payment (I ordered >3 bundles), I was forced to wait.  When I inquired about the ship time, I was clearly directed to the 3-5 "processing" policy and told that I was on "day 3."

I saw the results of someone else who ordered and I was really turned off.  Those pretty curls lose their definition and turn to crap fast.  Towards week's end, I had seen enough and decided to cancel.  Suddenly the owner became unresponsive.  End of the day, I decided to get PayPal in that azz and I was promptly refunded, but still never received an email  or acknowledgement from the owner.

As for my experiment, I'm not saying that I have the dupe already (the hair used I was a larger curl, therefore looser),  but I'm just showing you there is nothing unique.  As for the noob that was mocking that, that Ali hair I used is 100% pure hair with no fillers, zero tangles, no dryness, and no drama.  Good hair can be found, but you just have to know how to find it.  Fortunately I do, and I just ordered some today and saved myself $230.

Oh and let me leave y'all with this little gem from the BD Haircare Guide (see bolded lavender text on their website):

It is not recommended that you install your beautiful magical unicorn curls into your own head - they strongly recommend making a wig with it.  If you do, you will have a lot of work to maintain it and will experience shedding and tangling.

I bid you good day.

Edited by TexturizedDiva - Jun 06 2014 at 1:17pm
UrbanLegend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by etowngirl22 etowngirl22 wrote:

Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

It's just a tighter curl, but no magic really.

TexturizedDiva, sorry I'm slow, the top pictures are ali hair before and after cowashing/plopping and the bottom pics are the belladonna hair before and after cowashing/plopping? And you're basically saying the bella hair isn't that special compared to the ali hair? haha I'm sorry
I wonder if ali vendors only knew how much MORE hair they could move if they just did the same thing Texturized Diva did with the after washing pics...? I wanna buy that ish right now.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:33pm

they tell you their hair ain't sh*t by saying make a wig so it will last?
UrbanLegend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanLegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

In my case, I never pay retail for hair because I always order wholesale and in bulk - keep some and sell the rest.  When I realized there was nothing special about this hair except a cowash and a denman (easily dupeable), I decided to save my hard-earned coins.  At first, I was still going to have it shipped, then check out the curl size/texture and either return or put up for sale in M2M. 

The owner (who I have a feeling is a member) was very responsive in the sales process, however after receiving my payment (I ordered >3 bundles), I was forced to wait.  When I inquired about the ship time, I was clearly directed to the 3-5 "processing" policy and told that I was on "day 3."

I saw the results of someone else who ordered and I was really turned off.  Those pretty curls lose their definition and turn to crap fast.  Towards week's end, I had seen enough and decided to cancel.  Suddenly the owner became unresponsive.  End of the day, I decided to get PayPal in that azz and I was promptly refunded, but still never received an email  or acknowledgement from the owner.

As for my experiment, I'm not saying that I have the dupe already (the hair used I was a larger curl, therefore looser),  but I'm just showing you there is nothing unique.  As for the noob that was mocking that, that Ali hair I used is 100% pure hair with no fillers, zero tangles, no dryness, and no drama.  Good hair can be found, but you just have to know how to find it.  Fortunately I do, and I just ordered some today and saved myself $230.

Oh and let me leave y'all with this little gem from the BD Haircare Guide (see bolded lavender text on their website):

It is not recommended that you install your beautiful magical unicorn curls into your own head - they strongly recommend making a wig with it.  If you do, you will have a lot of work to maintain it and will experience shedding and tangling.

I bid you good day.
Not that I'm ever remotely interested in buying retail... but that right there? Yeah....no.
Motheone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Motheone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 3:56pm
I'm a newbie (clearly)and I initially bought the hair from the OP's experience (will never do that again, off of one review). I just purchased the hair 6/3/14, initially the CS was great, but of course since I've supplied my money no replies to my email. My question is can I still cancel my order through paypal at this point?

Also, I'll add this I bought SM last year BNC and tbh it was not worth the $$$ tangled all the time, but little shedding - very dry and super high maintenance. So sometimes more $$ does not equal better quality.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Motheone Motheone wrote:

I'm a newbie (clearly)and I initially bought the hair from the OP's experience (will never do that again, off of one review). I just purchased the hair 6/3/14, initially the CS was great, but of course since I've supplied my money no replies to my email. My question is can I still cancel my order through paypal at this point?

Also, I'll add this I bought SM last year BNC and tbh it was not worth the $$$ tangled all the time, but little shedding - very dry and super high maintenance. So sometimes more $$ does not equal better quality.

Send her an email requesting to cancel.  Then go through PayPal.  Apparently that scares her into doing the right thing.
Super22Star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Super22Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 4:29am
Originally posted by Motheone Motheone wrote:

SMH...Thank GOD (and BHM) I dodged that bullet
laddie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 10:16am
When will people learn? IA that the hair looked pretty in the original post. 
But that website looked like all the other take-your-money-and-send-to-china "hair boutiques."

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 4:15pm

does make you say hmmm Confused what happened to the caped crusaders...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style