BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Just for Me "Softener"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
Kurlie Gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurlie Gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2012 at 8:43am
I am a new member and  just joined, so this is my first post. I have 3c hair and have been using the Just For Me Texturizer for over a year. I was previously a micro braid wearer for several years and when my hair became too long I switched to 3/4 weave with micros on top and sides. When I texturized my 3c hair became very loose to like a 3b4 and I love the product. Sometimes I use virgin olive oil on my ends when I touch up new growth with the  Just for Me. I have to be careful not to comb it too much while doing touch ups, or it will straighten out like Michael Jackson-type curls (wavy-straight). Hope this helps. PS: I love this forum!
Sponsored Links

Carolinadoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolinadoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2012 at 2:28pm
I would be extremely careful and like many others have advised "please read the instructions". I used the Just For Me Texture softener on my edges and leave out and it was a complete nightmare. My leave out did turn out very soft and curly (from a 4b to a 3c), but my edges were another story. They were soft and sleek for about a month, in which after that they broke off tremendously, hence a year later they are still growing back in. Good luck! Wink

BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2012 at 12:58pm
I used it yesterday Loving the results, I only wish I did it sooner Big smile

It took me 6-7 minutes to apply and I left it on about 14 minutes in total. Thats longer than they say to use even for kinky hair on the box but my hair is very resistant to processing and I wanted a wavier look.  I smoothed my hair a lot, especially around the sections of my hair that are the most coarse.

The sunflower oil they provide is amazing, it protects your hair and prevents your hair from feeling stripped. You know that stripped harsh feeling you get after using some relaxers? This is still a relaxer though! The advertisement is slick, but it is like a mild kiddie perm IMO it could damage if you're not careful like w/ any perm but it is better than the usual to me.

I went from a coarse, dence 3c-4a-4b blend  to a very manageable 3c-3b
LIZZETTE81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIZZETTE81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Carolinadoll Carolinadoll wrote:

I would be extremely careful and like many others have advised "please read the instructions". I used the Just For Me Texture softener on my edges and leave out and it was a complete nightmare. My leave out did turn out very soft and curly (from a 4b to a 3c), but my edges were another story. They were soft and sleek for about a month, in which after that they broke off tremendously, hence a year later they are still growing back in. Good luck! Wink

JUST FOR ME was NOT for me. I had pretty hair after the hair party.......3-4 days later my hair was a H.A.M, I had to wig up for about a month (shedding was awful). When I see this product I RUN fast to another aisle....flashback of what it did to my hairShockedDeadAngry
stevievi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevievi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2012 at 11:25pm
I used this a few times. Do not add water only the oil that comes with it and PLEASE read directions. If you it comb it straight like a perm then it will be straight,not curly. You only want to relaxe the curls. I have 4c hair very soft and spongy. I only leave it in for 4 or 5 minutes. Timed. I once told my friend this told her i only want to leave it on for 5 minutes, she thought she was doing to do it like a perm and and she left in on for like 10 minutes, needless to say, it was very over processed at I spent the first month washing my hair down the drain, finally i just cut of 10 inches, and my hair has never been the same. I would not recommend leaving it in for 14 minutes. Don't comb it straight. Don't leave it ono long. Read the directions. Know your hair.
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2012 at 4:03am
I dont think this lasts very long though. I am going to buy another box soon and do it again. 
Marie2Dessy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marie2Dessy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2012 at 9:55am
The problem I had with this product was touch ups. You can't not get any product on your ends so everytime I did a touch up my already processed hair would become straighter. This would look really bad when my new growth started coming out. I actually loved my hair the first time I tried this product on virgin hair. If there was a way to keep the already processed ends from being further straightened I would do it again. Btw, I did take measures to protect my ends with oil and other products. You can't avoid the contact especially during the wash out.
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2012 at 10:24pm
Can someone please assist me? My hair has been heat damaged from a flat iron. The hair is straight in some parts and loose wave in others. I can't even get my old curly products to make a curl. Can I texlax to get my hair back to a curly state?
Carolinadoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolinadoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2012 at 8:41am
Peaceloveandcurls - 
I would say no...and I say this because typically a texture softener such as Just for Me or any form of texlax/texturizer was created to "loosen" or relax the curl pattern or make the hair "more tamable". I don't foresee it bring hair back to a curly state especially if there are signs of heat damage...my beliefs is that this will only come with time, care, less/no heat and no chemical. Using a product such as that will only make the pattern that you have looser or eventually even straighter. 
I am no professional stylist, but just based on experience. Good luck though...:)
samiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by peaceloveandcurls peaceloveandcurls wrote:

Can someone please assist me? My hair has been heat damaged from a flat iron. The hair is straight in some parts and loose wave in others. I can't even get my old curly products to make a curl. Can I texlax to get my hair back to a curly state?

Try doing protein treatments and see if they help. If they don't, then you probably have permanent damage.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic