Perfect Hair Collection

Just for Me "Softener"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just for Me "Softener"
    Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 12:11pm
Has anyone used the Just for Me softener "texturizer"

I'm thinking of putting some on my edges for my next sew in, in order to get them to lay down a little sleeker...

If you did use it or know someone who did, what's the experience?
How long did you keep it on?
Sponsored Links

Daphne Lewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Daphne Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2011 at 12:24am
i did it once and i liked it ok . i mostly poured all the oil that comes with the box into the relaxer.  just make sure you pay attention cause it will make your hair straight like a full relaxer in no time.  Also i prefer the regular box perm and i put half the activator in and 3 tsp of olive oil.  It takes a lot slower so i don't over process 
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2011 at 4:42pm
This is the only thing I use. I use like an aplicator bottle to put it on my new growth only. I love it, my hair is very curly but, still easy to straighten. I have a lot of volume aswell..but I always did sooo.. hehe.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 6:04pm
I'm considering using this softener too. I don't think it'll do much for defining curl, but my 3c/4a/4b hair likes to tangle on itself a lot - so softening the texture a bit will - at the least - make it easier to detangle. Right now if I wear my own hair out I need to detangle daily or else I'm in for a world of hurt.
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2011 at 9:02am
this girl uses it and her curl pattern is gorgeous

akadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote akadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2011 at 10:28am
Be careful Angry this stuff staightened my 4a hair in 10 minutes.  It works very fast.  Never again.  I had split ends and  my hair was a HAM. I  had to cut at least 4 inches. 
IrisaK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrisaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 11:22am
I use it on my 4a/3c hair and it straightens it like a relaxer.  My hair wasn't damaged but I would think adding most of the oil to the bottle like a previous poster said would help slow down the processing time.  If you don't want your hair straight remember not to smooth only comb though with a comb with VERY large teeth.
samiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2011 at 9:01am
I used this and it worked amazingly. Because I didn't comb or smooth it (read the directions people), my hair was and still is curly. The only parts I combed or smoothed were my edges and that's the only part that straightened. My curls didn't loosen at all (weird) but its no longer frizzy which is amazing. And its much easier to comb.
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2011 at 11:40am
I just put one in. I love it. It took my 4a and changed it to a 3c. I slicked down the edges, and could have left it in longer, as I can see a few curls I worked with first showing a nicer curl, but I was a little afraid. I have learned that the issue must could have been having is that they are not reading the directions. 
It says use a large tooth comb, and section and apply to one inch sections, then comb through. I think folks are using small tooth combs, and not giving themselves that full 1 inch between sections. I have normal hair, which takes a regular relaxer. 
This was the first texlax I have ever put in. I now cannot see myself using anything else (at least for now). I am normally a weave wearer, and fight my full afro after a take down. I end up with gobs of hair when combing, and have to fight through the fro. Now, I can run my fingers through it, and won't have to press it before my install. 
naomiluv21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naomiluv21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2011 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by akadiva akadiva wrote:

Be careful Angry this stuff staightened my 4a hair in 10 minutes.  It works very fast.  Never again.  I had split ends and  my hair was a HAM. I  had to cut at least 4 inches. 

Wow... sorry to hear that I would never believe a softener could do that
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style