Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Beauty Tips > Makeup Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedJust dont know what to do.....

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just dont know what to do.....
    Posted: Dec 18 2008 at 10:46pm

I posted this in the career section earlier but its dead over there so i figured maybe I could post it here, since it has alot to do with beauty and fashion...

Ok here it goes, I know what i love to do but i dont know what kind of oppurtunties there are for me and what career fields correspond with my hobbies.Here are some thing about me so maybe you'll could indentify a field for me:

-I love helping women to make them feel good about themselves.Alot of my friends come to me for beauty advice.
-I try to absorb everything there is to learn about skin care, make up , and hair care. Yes i actally enjoy doin research...lol
-I've loved make up since i was a young teen, i can say that im fairly good at it and getting better with practice.
-Im into skin care
-Im into fashion ,I was the president of my highschool's fashion club.
Im not really into designing but i do like to create my own things, and surround myself with them, and that includes DIY home things too.
-I do hair sometimes but im not that excited about it, I prefer to care for hair and help people more than actaully styling.
-I am very out going and enjoy meeting and talkin to new people

So here's the deal with me now:
I completed my GED in January, my initial plan was to take a break, go to cosmotology school in October 08' and and by that time was completed i'll be ready to go to college in Fall 09'. Im so glad I sat down and thought about it because the way the economy is going ,would of been screwed, since i was planning on applying for Financial Aid for both.

So i thought of a plan B nd so far i goin with it. I'll be starting college in Janaury 09, and i've applied for NYC jobs so if i get one i'll be able to save up money and pay for beauty school myself.Now im only planning on going to the school for two years and tranfering to a school thats geared more toward my interest, FIT. But even though i want to go there I dont even know what i should major in . Im  thinking about Fashion Merchandising, but im not realy sure.

Do any of you know of anything that will guide me to a stable career based on what i love to do??TIA

PS.I apologize for the spelling and grammar, for some reason the site's not lettin my fix it.
Sponsored Links

shangrila View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2008 at 10:27am

You should totally go to school for esthetics if you have a great passion for skincare! I'm a licensed Esthetician and I love it. I'm not sure about the laws in your state, but if you go to school for cosmetology, you are also licensed for esthetics. But if doing hair isnt really something you want to do, then i would just go for esthetics because (1) you get more thoroughly educated in the field, whereas in the cosmetology course, you are only educated in the basics of esthetics, and (2) well, it's cheaper! But you learn so much , and it is a truly fulfilling career!  At the school i attended, I got certified in chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser treatments, cellulite treatments, reike therapy, speed waxing, and corrective makeup. What schools were you considering? I wish you all the best! I know you will be successful!

Edited by shangrila - Dec 19 2008 at 10:27am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic